Sponsored

Any recommendations for 24/7 video surveillance?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm looking at getting a camera setup to monitor the rig while it's parked. In a perfect world, it would mimic the tesla setup where each door is monitored and front/rear. I have been ran into twice at work, once when my car was only 2 months old, and door dinged multiple times. I was able to figure out who did the damage but I couldn't prove it unfortunately. I figure if their sorry ass was caught on camera they'd have no choice but to hand over insurance info. That, and with the top off/new vehicle, I'm afraid some punk will eventually do something to the vehicle.

Most of my research has led me to only front view cameras but I have been leaning towards Walense or BlackVue which provide some door footage as well.

Anyone have a recommendation or a system to avoid?
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing. So much crap out there. There are tons of options for front and rear view, but doesn't seem to be that much for 360 degree monitoring

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got a Blacksys 200 something or other with both forward and rear facing cameras.

I've been pretty impressed, it's lasted through 3+ Phoenix summers. With the same SD card, even.

The software and app leave a lot to be desired, but otherwise I've been very happy with it. There are settings to shut it off when your battery goes below a specific voltage of your choosing. Settings to start recording with a bump like if you're backed into.

I've also got reolink POE cameras aimed at the driveway and in the garage. NVR with 24/7 recording. Work well, but the human/vehicle AI isn't great.

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing. So much crap out there. There are tons of options for front and rear view, but doesn't seem to be that much for 360 degree monitoring
The waylens is literally 360° that you can spin while watching the footage. Looks kinda neat.
I've got a Blacksys 200 something or other with both forward and rear facing cameras.

I've been pretty impressed, it's lasted through 3+ Phoenix summers. With the same SD card, even.

The software and app leave a lot to be desired, but otherwise I've been very happy with it. There are settings to shut it off when your battery goes below a specific voltage of your choosing. Settings to start recording with a bump like if you're backed into.

I've also got reolink POE cameras aimed at the driveway and in the garage. NVR with 24/7 recording. Work well, but the human/vehicle AI isn't great.
Does it cover the sides of the vehicle very well?

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does it cover the sides of the vehicle very well?
No. My hope would be that any vehicle or whatever would be caught by the front/rear facing cameras.

I haven't checked, maybe they have newer 360 models? I know they've at least updated the model I bought several years ago.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you should live in a bubble.

ive owned a jeep for 7yrs (dumped close to $25k into mods), never lock the doors and have lived with it while in FL and here in CO. I have stuff on it for piece of mind but def never had the need to install 24/7 cameras.

at one time, I owned a 1 in 500 sport bike which sport bikes in FL were very common at being stolen. I went overboard theft prevention on it when out and about or parking it in my condo complex at the time.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These Broncos will be a hot commodity for a couple of years. Don't skimp on security...

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for 24/7 video surveillance? 200w

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Look at the Garmin Tandem dash cam. I have one and I love it. It’s nice and small and has a rear facing camera as well. In parking mode it records both cameras with motion for security. There’s a kit garmin has that you can wire to get 12v with the ignition off that has a low battery cutoff built in.

B730E2D5-2890-4CF3-9EE4-24CF6F7C58E5.jpeg

E1F2C4AC-F1A0-473F-81BC-C0E28B31CA8F.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Look at the Garmin Tandem dash cam. I have one and I love it. It’s nice and small and has a rear facing camera as well. In parking mode it records both cameras with motion for security. There’s a kit garmin has that you can wire to get 12v with the ignition off that has a low battery cutoff built in.

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for 24/7 video surveillance? E1F2C4AC-F1A0-473F-81BC-C0E28B31CA8F

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for 24/7 video surveillance? E1F2C4AC-F1A0-473F-81BC-C0E28B31CA8F
Awesome, thanks for the input. So if someone door dings you or keys the side, do you think it would capture it? I'm trying to find one with a good fisheye vision, the brand Waylens that I wanted went tits up recently. I haven't been able to find another comparable product.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup trunk monkey is the way to go👍

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1/2 of my Ring cameras,, I have 5 more on the side, back and mailbox... I live in a pretty safe area, but why would you pick my house over a neighbor who doesn't have any cameras/security.

5278DB27-D5D9-48A0-85A4-EAD930DE4EE1.png

OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1/2 of my Ring cameras,, I have 5 more on the side, back and mailbox... I live in a pretty safe area, but why would you pick my house over a neighbor who doesn't have any cameras/security.

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for 24/7 video surveillance? 5278DB27-D5D9-48A0-85A4-EAD930DE4EE1
No no, I'm not asking about home security. I too have multiple cameras on my home, and I park in the secured garage. I need on vehicle monitoring for when I'm AWAY from the house.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs