Sponsored

Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor?

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am so confused about air compressors. Ok, so the Viair 300p vs Viair 400p. Both have a max 150 psi. Why does the 300p say for use up to tires 33" and the 400p up to 35"? I don't see much difference in the specs of the units. My husband insists it's just marketing, but I figure there must be a reason.

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-30033-...qid=1684037453&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-40043-...d=1684028998&sprefix=viair+400,aps,166&sr=8-1
They both may reach the same pressure, but they will have different flow rates. So if you're pressurizing a 33" tire from 20 to 35 psi the one that moves more air per minute will be done sooner
Sponsored

MrsTuffPaws

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Sidekick, Nissan Cube
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They both may reach the same pressure, but they will have different flow rates. So if you're pressurizing a 33" tire from 20 to 35 psi the one that moves more air per minute will be done sooner
I understand that concept, I wonder if the amazon spec sheet is wrong? Both the 300p and the 400p say Air Flow Capacity 2.3 cubic feet per minute. But in general, you are saying the lower model may work for a larger tire, it will just take a much longer (perhaps unreasonable) time to do so, right?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got the 450 Viair. It’s extremely slow filling up all 4 tires with my MORRFlate. Even when I was doing one tire at a time it took awhile for my Sasquatch tires. I would recommend a twin compressor over any Viairs.
Bummer. I've never had the 450. 400 is a machine in my experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Viairs to anyone. I've never tried to do all 4 at the same time though and seems kinda gadgety really. It''s not like it saves time, you still touch all 4 valve stems plus I don't want to haul a bunch of hose around. I stick to the KISS principal when possible. It's as fast as twin ARBs or damn close when I'm with others. That said I've been eyeing the twin arb mount in the engine bay. But that's another $1k do do what I can already do.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this one and have been very happy with it.
ALL-TOP Air Compressor Kit, 12V Portable Inflator 7.06CFM, Max 150PSI for SUV 4x4 Vehicle RV Tire

I use a key to air-down, however, but because my keys are always with me, I can get started while everyone else is getting their fancy systems out and starts connecting them. I am usually ready to go before they are.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't usually like to hawk my wares on these threads but I have Trickflates on sale till midnight so time is short. For $132 (code "BLOWOUT" at checkout) to your door nothing pumps more air for less. I also have all the components to build your own 4 way hose kit, you just supply the hoses.

https://td-distributing.myshopify.com/products/trickflate-dual-cylinder-12v-300-l-min-air-compressor
The trickflate is great and I would highly recommend it. The tie rod repair kit is a must have too.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trickflate is great and I would highly recommend it. The tie rod repair kit is a must have too.
I have hose kits in stock too. 4 way deflating is pretty slick.

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have a deflator and portable compressor they really like?
I'm trying to find a deflator & gauge with a long enough hose I can stand and do it.
Have tried Viair, had to send it back as the valve is almost impossible to hook up to the sasquatch valve stem without extenders. Also it take awhile to inflate 35 tires and gets very hot.
i ended up getting the moorflate that does four tires at once. The 4 tire inflate and deflate hose works well. I ended up getting the rhino deflator that you can set up once and save the pressure you want to lower every time and not have to get the hoses out. I didn't get the inline pressure gauge, but should have because
I hate having to go and look at the bronco tire pressures on the instrument panel.
Good Luck

https://www.rhinousainc.com/products/pro-tire-deflator-kit

https://morrflate.com/shop/air-sour...-tensix-portable-12v-off-road-air-compressor/

https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-quad-4-tire-air-kit/

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the compressor from tricky Dick it’s much faster than the Viairs and he has a great price on them.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have tried Viair, had to send it back as the valve is almost impossible to hook up to the sasquatch valve stem without extenders.
Duuude! Same. It was so annoying to connect to the the valve. Also, filling up 4 tires at once is wayyy better than 1 at a time.

Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone using the Apex Performance Rapid Deflation Valves in their wheels instead if having to connect anything to air down?

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using deflators from Coyote (basically the same as Staun type deflators) set to ~18psi.

My 17 year old compressor I got for cheap on a group buy is still kicking, although not terribly fast, it gets the job done in about 30 mins.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using deflators from Coyote (basically the same as Staun type deflators) set to ~18psi.

My 17 year old compressor I got for cheap on a group buy is still kicking, although not terribly fast, it gets the job done in about 30 mins.
I used Staun knockoffs for a while but they haven't been very accurate and would peter off as they got within a few pounds of the desired pressure and I'd have to flick them to get them going. Real Stauns probably work a lot better and those Coyotes are a slightly different design and work better as well I'm sure.

I'm loving the 4 way deflating now though, no need to check each tire.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using Coyote "legacy" Deflators, and a Trickflate with a 4 tire setup I built with Amazon parts..

I've found dedicated deflators like the Coyotes or Stauns to be much better for airing down, as it's much quicker than a multi wheel setup, and once you've set them for a specific pressure (Mine are set ot 12PSI) you can put them on and go about doing whatever else you need to to get ready to wheel without worrying about the tires.

The Trickflate can pump all 4 37"s back up to 28psi from 12psi in under 15 minutes, which is amazing to me!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best deflators are the Staun ones. They are made in Australia and i've personally had a set for 17-18 years now. Still work great.

We stock them here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/staun-tire-deflator-4-pack-standard-duty-6-30-psi/

1680182471518.png

You get a pack of 4. They are pre-set to 18 PSI but you can adjust them if you need them lower/higher. Screw them on and that's it. They'll stop automatically. By the time you finish screwing the last one one, the first will be done (unless you are running 35s or 37s of course that takes a bit longer).

They are THEY go to tire deflator.

As for compressors... we recommend 2 options if you are doing portable and not on-board air (the ARB Twin with our KR Off-Road mount is the best for on-board options)

ARB makes a single and a twin compressor portable kit. The single will inflate tires from 18-35psi in about 3 minutes (35" tires). The twin will do that in 60 seconds.

Both come in a portable kit with everything you need (compressor, box, hose, inflator, etc...). Clip it onto your battery with the alligator clamps, done. There is a switch inside the box to turn the compressor on/off

ARB Single: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-high-output-portable-air-compressor/
1680182496432.png

ARB Twin: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-twin-high-performance-portable-compressor/
1680182509403.png

The twin also has an air tank inside which stores air. Good for some air tools.

Then you have the ViAIR compressors

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/search.php?search_query=viair

These come as a complete kit also in a soft bag. They are about 1/2 the price of the ARB and a little bit slower.

The 400P is the most popular and is offered in a non-automatic and an automatic. The difference (besides price) is that the non-automatic one HAS to be turned off between tires, so it doesn't overheat. It does NOT have a pressure switch built in. I actually have one of these and what I did was just zip tied my air chuck so it's always going. This way as I go from tire to tire no back-pressure builds up.

The 400P Automatic will automatically turn itself off, so it's easier to use.

Good up 33/35 tires.

The 450P is just a little bit bigger and better suited if you have larger tires. It'll be a bit faster. But it's a little more $$

1680182675520.png

Those above ARE the industry GO TO compressor kits. SURE you can find cheaper ones at harbor freight or online, etc... but ARB and ViAIR are the industry standards for a reason. They are ROCK SOLID compressors. I've had my ViAIR for 17-18 years (got it when I got my staun tire deflators).

The products above... I personally use which is why we sell them. I've put them through their paces.

Other cool accessories, not required, would be the MORRFlate system. It hooks up to the air compressor and inflates 4 tires at once. It won't save you much time, since it's splitting the load, but you don't have to keep bending over tire to tire. You can stand up and easily inflate all 4 tires at once.

We have them in stock

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-quad-4-tires-up-to-125-wheelbase-1/

1680182790449.png
Thanks for the deflator rec, I'm about to add a set to my cart.

I have a related question about the ARB single in the to-go box. I have one and I'd really love a way to bleed off the pressure once I'm done airing up. The system I have right now is disconnect the hose and pray it doesn't kick back and break my nose. Do you have any tips or ideas to modify? This is directed to you but honestly anyone can chime in if they see this. Not the end of the world problem, just kind of annoying like I'm doing something wrong
Sponsored