Sponsored

Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used Staun knockoffs for a while but they haven't been very accurate and would peter off as they got within a few pounds of the desired pressure and I'd have to flick them to get them going. Real Stauns probably work a lot better and those Coyotes are a slightly different design and work better as well I'm sure.

I'm loving the 4 way deflating now though, no need to check each tire.
I just ordered your pump and 4 way tire kit/manifold for inflating. Would it be possible to have the manifold stop releasing air at a prescribed pressure using some various adapters to a Stauns-type deflator?
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered your pump and 4 way tire kit/manifold for inflating. Would it be possible to have the manifold stop releasing air at a prescribed pressure using some various adapters to a Stauns-type deflator?
You could put something on a female quick coupler I suppose. A single Staun will be a little slow but there is probably a larger blow off valve that could be used.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the deflator rec, I'm about to add a set to my cart.

I have a related question about the ARB single in the to-go box. I have one and I'd really love a way to bleed off the pressure once I'm done airing up. The system I have right now is disconnect the hose and pray it doesn't kick back and break my nose. Do you have any tips or ideas to modify? This is directed to you but honestly anyone can chime in if they see this. Not the end of the world problem, just kind of annoying like I'm doing something wrong
Just turn the compressor off... then press the air release button on your inflator... it'll dump the air

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried exactly that with the manifold I built so I could put one of my single Coyote deflators on it. It works, but it has two problems doing it that way, If the vehicle isn't perfectly flat when you do it, You'll get an "Equalized" pressure across all the tires, So a tire that has more weight on from being down hill will end up with lower pressure.

It is also VERY slow, In my test runs, it was taking 30~45 minutes or more to deflate from 28 to 12PSI

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tested the trail deflators. In all honesty air down with anything that screws on to the valve stems is a pain because they aren’t all that accurate and have to be adjusted. After using my morrflate airing down is a lot quicker then the trail deflators.

I also got the morrflate 10.6 compressor. Super impressed with it compared to my Vair. My Vair 450 would take around 30 minutes to air up all 4 tires and my 30 minute idle warning light would come on. After using the Morrflate 10.6 it blows my Vair out the water. I can air up from 15 to 39 in about 15 minutes. That includes running all the hoses and setting up the compressor. It also does not run super hot like my Vair and can put it the storage bag after use.

I plan on storing my Vair as a spare in Bronco in case my Morrflate 10.6 compressor dies. Doesn’t hurt to have a spare compressor so you can still get home safely.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For stock 35s on badlands sas - which version of the Staun deflators?

I bought the regular ones and use them on my badland SAS, set them to 22psi and they're super easy, and rugged.

I just ordered a ARB twin portable setup, I was back and forth with installing one under the hood, but in the end I decided that I will toss my 15yr old 125psi portable craftsman compressor and use this for more than just wheeling the bronco

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the regular ones and use them on my badland SAS, set them to 22psi and they're super easy, and rugged.

I just ordered a ARB twin portable setup, I was back and forth with installing one under the hood, but in the end I decided that I will toss my 15yr old 125psi portable craftsman compressor and use this for more than just wheeling the bronco
Just picked up the briefcase twin ARB myself this morning. It's impressive in person. It will get some use this weekend. It's not small but I'm hoping it's worth it.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up the briefcase twin ARB myself this morning. It's impressive in person. It will get some use this weekend. It's not small but I'm hoping it's worth it.
I used mine 3 times this weekend- twice for the tires and once to fill a mattress. I need to make a correct mattress fill and it will be a champ, unused the air gun, did the job, but I’m sure not efficient by any means.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using Coyote "legacy" Deflators, and a Trickflate with a 4 tire setup I built with Amazon parts..

I've found dedicated deflators like the Coyotes or Stauns to be much better for airing down, as it's much quicker than a multi wheel setup, and once you've set them for a specific pressure (Mine are set ot 12PSI) you can put them on and go about doing whatever else you need to to get ready to wheel without worrying about the tires.

The Trickflate can pump all 4 37"s back up to 28psi from 12psi in under 15 minutes, which is amazing to me!
I have coyote legacy for my wife and I run the new coyote ones 6psi is my sweet spot

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We got the ARB Twin and mounted it in the engine bay and added the MorrFlate system. Now need to add a hose to blow up an air mattress.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
We got the ARB Twin and mounted it in the engine bay and added the MorrFlate system. Now need to add a hose to blow up an air mattress.
Mind linking what you used to install it in the engine bay ?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I built my own 4 tire inflator from Amazon for $50. Purchased a Smittybuilt compressor for $170 that can do all 35" from 20psi to 35psi in 5-7 minutes...just long enough for me to pop rocks out of my treads.

Airing down I'm still manual. A single auto deflater would be nice...I don't need 4.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One caveat on the Smittybilt: you will see all kinds of retrofits to make it pass through. Go for it if you like doing those things, but a simple open flow air chuck 100% solves the problem. I bought this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099SBMBJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Can you elaborate on what this does? The only complaint I have with my SB compressor is the rubber hose gets hot and all its required attachments. Ideally I would love to remove the rubber hose totally and just put an air chuck or something on the end.

woodysfj40

Outer Banks
First Name
woody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BJ74, FZJ80, NCV3, JHF
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been using the ARB600-type deflator for around 20 years. The fastest way to air down or air up is with the valve core removed.

I set my pressures based on terrain...sand, snow, rock, etc all require something different. The ARB-style tool makes that process easy.
Sponsored