Sponsored

Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor?

KingCakeKid

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have a deflator and portable compressor they really like?
I'm trying to find a deflator & gauge with a long enough hose I can stand and do it.
Sponsored

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a kit from morrflate. I can deflate and inflate 2 tires at a time.comes with two 13ft hoses. I have a vi air portable compressor. Will prob do onboard at some point though.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with one of those ARB Twin knock-offs on eBay. The kind that comes in a Pelican style case. It works fine and I’m happy with it (especially given the money you save vs. the ARB name brand).

I like the “suitcase mount” concept because it’s easy to carry around to other vehicles who don’t have onboard air. And I have multiple trail vehicles so I can pack it in whichever vehicle I’m taking out that day. There’s also room inside for my air hose, deflator and gauge. So everything in one place.

My only problem is this: I originally got it because there’s not a lot of good choices for mounting a twin air compressor in the Bronco. But it’s kind of bulky and I have a 2 door so it does take up more precious real estate in the cargo area than I would have liked.

I have a rear cargo tray that I built out of plywood and just have it bungeed down to that. Keeps it secure but as I said, I just wish it wasn’t so damn big.

As for deflator hose - make your own. Super simple with some air hose, fittings and hose clamps. Then you can make it as long or as short as you’d like. Two tires at a time, four tires at a time, or just one. Whatever works best for you.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep it simple, fast, and cost effective. Get Staun Tyre Deflators and a Viair 400P portable compressor. Supremely reliable, and just as fast as anything else. If you like gadgets and hoses and the whole overland looking gig and instagram photos then go that route. But I've never been beat deflating or filling back up trailside. To deflate you screw one on and keep going to each tire. By the time you are done screwing the last one one on the first tire is done and you just do two laps. By the time the " hoses out all four tires at once gang" gets the rats nest of hoses out and connected I'm done deflating. While the compressor is not necessarily faster inflating, it's almost identical time-wise and I'm ready as soon as anyone else to hit the road home. Plus the deflators fit in the provided Bronco tool kit and the compressor can be left at home when not out hitting trails.

Two things to keep in mind. 1.) If you have bigger than 35's go with the 450P from Viair. 2.) Make sure you get Staun deflators... a little more $$$ but they are reliable. Just learn how to set them and every few trips reset them at home to keep them accurate. They are accurate to about 1-2 psi in my experience.

Sponsored

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have the dough, the ARB twin is legit.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ARB Twin + Air Tank has served me well for the last 4 years. I chose this route because I use it in multiple vehicles as well as my trailer. I also like that I can hand it over to someone that needs it and I can do my own stuff while they use it. Not that have any, put supposedly with the air tank you can run air tools as well. It is very pricey but I have a feeling I'll have it for the rest of my life.

IMG_0853-XL.jpg

I went with Indeflate 2. Didn't want the 4 tire version as I usually run different pressures between front and back when carrying the trailer. I love that you can balance the two tires out. Only downside like most gauges is in order to get accurate readings, you have to turn off the compressor.

indeflate_functions.jpg

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have a deflator and portable compressor they really like?
I'm trying to find a deflator & gauge with a long enough hose I can stand and do it.
The best deflators are the Staun ones. They are made in Australia and i've personally had a set for 17-18 years now. Still work great.

We stock them here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/staun-tire-deflator-4-pack-standard-duty-6-30-psi/

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182471518

You get a pack of 4. They are pre-set to 18 PSI but you can adjust them if you need them lower/higher. Screw them on and that's it. They'll stop automatically. By the time you finish screwing the last one one, the first will be done (unless you are running 35s or 37s of course that takes a bit longer).

They are THEY go to tire deflator.

As for compressors... we recommend 2 options if you are doing portable and not on-board air (the ARB Twin with our KR Off-Road mount is the best for on-board options)

ARB makes a single and a twin compressor portable kit. The single will inflate tires from 18-35psi in about 3 minutes (35" tires). The twin will do that in 60 seconds.

Both come in a portable kit with everything you need (compressor, box, hose, inflator, etc...). Clip it onto your battery with the alligator clamps, done. There is a switch inside the box to turn the compressor on/off

ARB Single: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-high-output-portable-air-compressor/
Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182496432

ARB Twin: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-twin-high-performance-portable-compressor/
Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182509403

The twin also has an air tank inside which stores air. Good for some air tools.

Then you have the ViAIR compressors

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/search.php?search_query=viair

These come as a complete kit also in a soft bag. They are about 1/2 the price of the ARB and a little bit slower.

The 400P is the most popular and is offered in a non-automatic and an automatic. The difference (besides price) is that the non-automatic one HAS to be turned off between tires, so it doesn't overheat. It does NOT have a pressure switch built in. I actually have one of these and what I did was just zip tied my air chuck so it's always going. This way as I go from tire to tire no back-pressure builds up.

The 400P Automatic will automatically turn itself off, so it's easier to use.

Good up 33/35 tires.

The 450P is just a little bit bigger and better suited if you have larger tires. It'll be a bit faster. But it's a little more $$

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182675520

Those above ARE the industry GO TO compressor kits. SURE you can find cheaper ones at harbor freight or online, etc... but ARB and ViAIR are the industry standards for a reason. They are ROCK SOLID compressors. I've had my ViAIR for 17-18 years (got it when I got my staun tire deflators).

The products above... I personally use which is why we sell them. I've put them through their paces.

Other cool accessories, not required, would be the MORRFlate system. It hooks up to the air compressor and inflates 4 tires at once. It won't save you much time, since it's splitting the load, but you don't have to keep bending over tire to tire. You can stand up and easily inflate all 4 tires at once.

We have them in stock

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-quad-4-tires-up-to-125-wheelbase-1/

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182790449

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best deflators are the Staun ones. They are made in Australia and i've personally had a set for 17-18 years now. Still work great.

We stock them here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/staun-tire-deflator-4-pack-standard-duty-6-30-psi/

Ford Bronco Any recommendations for a deflater and portable compressor? 1680182790449

You get a pack of 4. They are pre-set to 18 PSI but you can adjust them if you need them lower/higher. Screw them on and that's it. They'll stop automatically. By the time you finish screwing the last one one, the first will be done (unless you are running 35s or 37s of course that takes a bit longer).

They are THEY go to tire deflator.

As for compressors... we recommend 2 options if you are doing portable and not on-board air (the ARB Twin with our KR Off-Road mount is the best for on-board options)

ARB makes a single and a twin compressor portable kit. The single will inflate tires from 18-35psi in about 3 minutes (35" tires). The twin will do that in 60 seconds.

Both come in a portable kit with everything you need (compressor, box, hose, inflator, etc...). Clip it onto your battery with the alligator clamps, done. There is a switch inside the box to turn the compressor on/off

ARB Single: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-high-output-portable-air-compressor/

ARB Twin: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-twin-high-performance-portable-compressor/

The twin also has an air tank inside which stores air. Good for some air tools.

Then you have the ViAIR compressors

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/search.php?search_query=viair

These come as a complete kit also in a soft bag. They are about 1/2 the price of the ARB and a little bit slower.

The 400P is the most popular and is offered in a non-automatic and an automatic. The difference (besides price) is that the non-automatic one HAS to be turned off between tires, so it doesn't overheat. It does NOT have a pressure switch built in. I actually have one of these and what I did was just zip tied my air chuck so it's always going. This way as I go from tire to tire no back-pressure builds up.

The 400P Automatic will automatically turn itself off, so it's easier to use.

Good up 33/35 tires.

The 450P is just a little bit bigger and better suited if you have larger tires. It'll be a bit faster. But it's a little more $$

Those above ARE the industry GO TO compressor kits. SURE you can find cheaper ones at harbor freight or online, etc... but ARB and ViAIR are the industry standards for a reason. They are ROCK SOLID compressors. I've had my ViAIR for 17-18 years (got it when I got my staun tire deflators).

The products above... I personally use which is why we sell them. I've put them through their paces.

Other cool accessories, not required, would be the MORRFlate system. It hooks up to the air compressor and inflates 4 tires at once. It won't save you much time, since it's splitting the load, but you don't have to keep bending over tire to tire. You can stand up and easily inflate all 4 tires at once.

We have them in stock

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/morrflate-quad-4-tires-up-to-125-wheelbase-1/

For stock 35s on badlands sas - which version of the Staun deflators?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For stock 35s on badlands sas - which version of the Staun deflators?
the standard ones work just fine - adjustable from 6-30PSI

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the MORRFlate and viair compressor. The only downside is filling up all 4 tires takes well over 20 minutes with my Viair. The Viair is a great compressor but won’t win any races. I plan on keeping it as a spare.

I just ordered a high cfm MORRFlate twin compressor that will fill up all 4 of my Sasquatch tires in about 5-7minutes!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep it simple, fast, and cost effective. Get Staun Tyre Deflators and a Viair 400P portable compressor. Supremely reliable, and just as fast as anything else. If you like gadgets and hoses and the whole overland looking gig and instagram photos then go that route. But I've never been beat deflating or filling back up trailside. To deflate you screw one on and keep going to each tire. By the time you are done screwing the last one one on the first tire is done and you just do two laps. By the time the " hoses out all four tires at once gang" gets the rats nest of hoses out and connected I'm done deflating. While the compressor is not necessarily faster inflating, it's almost identical time-wise and I'm ready as soon as anyone else to hit the road home. Plus the deflators fit in the provided Bronco tool kit and the compressor can be left at home when not out hitting trails.

Two things to keep in mind. 1.) If you have bigger than 35's go with the 450P from Viair. 2.) Make sure you get Staun deflators... a little more $$$ but they are reliable. Just learn how to set them and every few trips reset them at home to keep them accurate. They are accurate to about 1-2 psi in my experience.
I’ve got the 450 Viair. It’s extremely slow filling up all 4 tires with my MORRFlate. Even when I was doing one tire at a time it took awhile for my Sasquatch tires. I would recommend a twin compressor over any Viairs.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MrsTuffPaws

Base
Threads