Sponsored

Any Regret Telling People You Ordered A Bronco?? (not a serious post)

TyFitzO

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 F-150 SuperCrew, '08 Escape, '13 Explorer Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was so pumped when I reserved my Bronco way back in September 2020.
So, of course, I told some family members & some of my closer friends.... who then asked when it was coming! Fair enough question... at that point in time!

Then I was even more pumped when I got to do the build & order way back in January 2021...
So, OF COURSE, I told the same family members & close friends that it was now an order (as well as told my work associates, my neighbours, anyone else that seemed interested!) LOL

The regret of all that has really set in, because if someone else asks me where this imaginary Bronco is, or if I canceled the order, or if I sold it already... I'll probably explode!

Anyway, today was a more trying day as I had that question 3 times... I thought " what better place to vent than on the forum?"

It seems I'm more patient than all the people I told in the first place!

And when they look at me with sympathy, that may be the worst! Argh!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, of course, I told some family members & some of my closer friends.... who then asked when it was coming! Fari enough question... at that point in time!

Then I was even more pumped when I got to do the build & order way back in January 2021...
So, OF COURSE, I told the same family members & close friends that it was now an order (as well as told my work associates, my neighbours, anyone else that seemed interested!) LOL

The regret of all that has really set in, because if someone else asks me where this imaginary Bronco is, or if I canceled the order, or if I sold it already... I'll probably explode!

Anyway, today was a more trying day as I had that question 3 times... I thought " what better place to vent than on the forum?"

Not one ever and its not even here yet. "Should" be by 2/13 and if it isn't it will add to the Bronco War story :)

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum can be so good... but is also full of whiners, hand-wringers, keyboard castle-stormers, bullies, trolls, and Jeep worshipers (with cute Jeeper profile names, Jeep pics, Jeep stories, Jeep hats, fake hot Jeep GFs, etc). Then, there are your "friends" and relatives... ALL of these guys are waiting to pounce on those that show weakness. Don't be weak!! It will be great! NO regrets.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, of course, I told some family members & some of my closer friends.... who then asked when it was coming! Fari enough question... at that point in time!

I only regret it because I get grumpy when people who care about me and truly wish me well ask because they know I’m excited about it….but not really because I do know the wait will be worth it….eventually.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyFitzO

TyFitzO

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This forum can be so good... but is also full of whiners, hand-wringers, keyboard castle-stormers, bullies, trolls, and Jeep worshipers (with cute Jeeper profile names, Jeep pics, Jeep stories, Jeep hats, fake hot Jeep GFs, etc). Then, there are your "friends" and relatives... ALL of these guys are waiting to pounce on those that show weakness. Don't be weak!! It will be great!
I had a moment of weakness today more than ever as my tranny went on my F-150 & now I'm relegated to the Escape we used to teach the kids to drive on. The lack of Bronco was starting to get iminent & downright in my face! Tomorrow will be a new day!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I'm sure you know a September reservation is very late to the game there are some people with a first day in July reservation that are still waiting. Those of us who finally received them its very much worth waiting for and I encourage people all the time to order one and then tell them just be prepared to wait. Might be a few months or a couple years it's all okay just put it in that mindset like waiting for a fine Ferrari or Corvette or Porsche you pick up in Germany it's all a matter of mindset. Unless you're sure it's coming soon just have something else to drive. And used car prices are so good you'll get good money for your trade in. And enjoy the wait.

There's a lot of luck and Fortune involved, and it's depending on which models which style accessories Ford wants to put out or forecast parts for. It would almost be easier for if Ford said well you'll get it in a couple years if you want to wait till for it, good, it you don't we'll give you the $100 back. I owned International Scouts and Broncos early in life and I ordered a Bronco cuz I want it, and what other people thought wasn't Too Much concern to me. You just have to decide how much you want it. And if you want it just put yourself in the mindset that it could be a while and enjoy the wait. IMO.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I felt your pain for months, but today was my day. The frustration is finally over.

OP
OP
TyFitzO

TyFitzO

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyrone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only when they told me they saw one, said they didn't know what was so special and I had to explain that they actually saw a sport...
Yes, I've definitely had people tell me they've seen 'Broncos' out on the road so I show them a pic of a WildTrak Sasquatch & ask 'did it look like this?' Hehe, it always turns out to be a Sport.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is this forum now some sort of psychiatric help line? What world are we living in? Why would anyone “regret” telling other people about a product they are ordering?? Am I missing something here? Are people buying this vehicle just to brag, and show off??? So strange. I just don’t get it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, wish I hadn't said a word til they saw me drive up. The constant delays mean constantly explaining why it's not here yet.
Sponsored