Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have it. I think it will work quite well for your stated case. As you know it's not rain-proof. But as a dust cover under a carport it will be fine. Even though its not rain-proof it does a good job of keeping the interior from getting wet on dewey mornings. It seems well made and fits very nicely, although I'm not sure how durable it will be for long-term use or frequent install/removal. The materials all seem to be a bit light and flimsy, inlcuding the straps and hooks. I used FordPass points to buy mine, I'm not sure whether I would have spent cold hard cash on it. I haven't seen a well-fitted rain-proof cover on the market yet, but when I do I'll probably upgrade to it over this one.

Ford Bronco Any reviews of the cockpit cover? IMG_7721

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have used mine once, and I believe it's made by Cover King. One of the straps fell apart in my hand immediately, but there was enough material for me to tie a small knot. The stitching of the straps does not seem like it's up to task. The buckles are all backwards on mine, so that releasing and tightening them is on the inside facing the paint - very stupid. It seems to be designed for NO top in place, which I discovered while covering over my Trektop soft top. Reason I was doing this was because I had all side and rear windows removed from the soft top and tube doors installed. The extra height of the soft top meant that the cover had a huge gap at the tail gate, which water would have streamed right in. I just wanted something to put on while in open mode, but I would have to at least install the rear window to use this cover with my soft top. The mirror pockets on mine were so tight that I had to fold a mirror in and perform crazy stretch maneuvers to get the damn thing on. I will be hoping for something a bit more robust and enough material to cover over the soft top for the reasons I stated.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like mine, although agree it's on the flimsy side. Mine's gone through a couple Florida afternoon showers without any issues. I make sure it's tight so it does not puddles anywhere. My main complaint is it's a fight to get the mirrors covered ever since I installed the ditch lights. The piece on the bottom of the windshield doesn't give enough.

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have used mine once, and I believe it's made by Cover King. One of the straps fell apart in my hand immediately, but there was enough material for me to tie a small knot. The stitching of the straps does not seem like it's up to task. The buckles are all backwards on mine, so that releasing and tightening them is on the inside facing the paint - very stupid. It seems to be designed for NO top in place, which I discovered while covering over my Trektop soft top. Reason I was doing this was because I had all side and rear windows removed from the soft top and tube doors installed. The extra height of the soft top meant that the cover had a huge gap at the tail gate, which water would have streamed right in. I just wanted something to put on while in open mode, but I would have to at least install the rear window to use this cover with my soft top. The mirror pockets on mine were so tight that I had to fold a mirror in and perform crazy stretch maneuvers to get the damn thing on. I will be hoping for something a bit more robust and enough material to cover over the soft top for the reasons I stated.
That's exactly the conditions I need a cover for. It's quicker to put a cover on than those F#%King plastic windows.

BroncoRox

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Any reviews of the cockpit cover? 6290F906-7284-451F-8B51-C093876B6E8A

I will second others opinions about the fit around the mirrors. It does take a bit of maneuvering to get it on. Like others have said the straps are not great. It does appear to be somewhat rainproof though. I used mine overnight when it rained for a few hours. The interior was completely dry in the morning. I bought mine online through Lasco Ford and had a great experience. I would not recommend buying anything through the main Ford accessories site. It’s hit or miss whether your parts will show up and if the part is out of stock they won’t tell you that. They just hold your money until it’s in. Getting a refund from them is like pulling teeth. Shop around because Lasco was cheaper than the main Ford site even with their 20% off “sale.”

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd wait... or I should say, I am waiting myself. Broncover finally got a two door in their hands this week (see their instagram post from yesterday). They are now actively measuring and getting one setup for the 2 door models. I am patiently waiting for that, looks to be awesome thick quality all around and fully rain proof.

Best,

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd wait... or I should say, I am waiting myself. Broncover finally got a two door in their hands this week (see their instagram post from yesterday). They are now actively measuring and getting one setup for the 2 door models. I am patiently waiting for that, looks to be awesome thick quality all around and fully rain proof.

Best,
Does soft top need to be fully removed for this one too? seems they all say that.

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does soft top need to be fully removed for this one too? seems they all say that.
I am not sure, that’s a great question. I can share that I ordered my 2 door Broncover yesterday.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am not sure, that’s a great question. I can share that I ordered my 2 door Broncover yesterday.
Nice. I would be ordering one but im not removing my soft top completely to use it. Not a simple task vs 1 minute to accordion it to the back. Do you have hard top-or soft?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Disregard I just went to website. Must be fully removed to use. Damn

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No doors and no top. Took them off for the summer. I use mine regularly. Sprayed it with 303 waterproof in April. It's been through many thunderstorms and heavy rains. No leaks. Front mirrors are tight to get on but no real issues. My light bar is probably the cause.

20211227_112906.jpg

20211227_112920.jpg

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BroncoRox @Geo - do you recall the correct part number for the 2-dr cockpit cover? Ford Accessories lists it as VM2DZ19A412B but Lasco Ford (who has it cheaper) lists it as VM2DZ19A412A.

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the Cockpit cover shortly after picking up my 2 door and like others, was dismayed that it offered little protection from a passing shower and seemed cheaply made. Regardless, I tried to make the best of it by waterproofing it and making a Boner stick to prevent the water from pooling on top.

it had worked OK and fits nicely in the rear floor compartment. However, I was away during a storm and the gusts managed to knock down my tent support and the water pooled anyway. Fortunately my wife caught it and did the poke it with a broom thing…

Long story short, just get the Broncover. Between the cockpit cover and mods I spent close to $300. The Broncover is just shy of $400.

Just my $0.02 having been there. And yes, I have a Broncover on order.

GTTD!
Sponsored