Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone have any new details regarding the modifications they are planning to make to address the roof rack issues as well as the impact it will have on MY21? More specifically, I've got an FE on order and am trying to figure out if the issues might already be addressed with the late availability MOD top....and if not...will the MY22 MOD top work on the MY21 (I'll go with the free MIC top for now and order the MY22 MOD top later if that is the case).
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I'm going to add a Yakima Fish Reel, or whatever it's called. I'm going to then add Lamiglas, Shimano, Okuma, and various other rods. Included with those rods will be Okuma, Shimano and Abu Garcia reels. Hope that helps indeedy! If you need anything else, just let me know.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No updates since what's his head, ESTEBAN said "Rack changes for 22". Maybe in the garage video?

Reactions: jxc
OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No updates since what's his head, ESTEBAN said "Rack changes for 22". Maybe in the garage video?
Thanks - I don't recall anything new about it in that video....hoping something comes out soon about it.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still got a dollar that says they won't make physical changes to the Bronco to help with the rack (GVWR) issues for 22. It'll be a paperwork thing like moving up to Class 2.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still got a dollar that says they won't make physical changes to the Bronco to help with the rack (GVWR) issues for 22. It'll be a paperwork thing like moving up to Class 2.

Doubt they would change its class cause then they can't call it a direct competitor to the wrangler.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking the rack may have more "metal like" stuff.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt they would change its class cause then they can't call it a direct competitor to the wrangler.
Everyone, mentally, already considers it a direct competitor to the Wrangler. They have since the rumors were first announced. They don't have to call it one. Besides with the 4Xe and the weight of all those batteries Jeep is likely to have to move it up to Class 2 as well to salvage its payload ratings.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone have any new details regarding the modifications they are planning to make to address the roof rack issues as well as the impact it will have on MY21? More specifically, I've got an FE on order and am trying to figure out if the issues might already be addressed with the late availability MOD top....and if not...will the MY22 MOD top work on the MY21 (I'll go with the free MIC top for now and order the MY22 MOD top later if that is the case).
There’s no evidence or indication that the tops (and especially the way they attach to the vehicle) will change for MY22.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone, mentally, already considers it a direct competitor to the Wrangler. They have since the rumors were first announced. They don't have to call it one. Besides with the 4Xe and the weight of all those batteries Jeep is likely to have to move it up to Class 2 as well to salvage its payload ratings.

Agreed, but then they cant legally market it in ads and commercials as "best in class" against the wrangler. I agree though that we will all see it that way no matter what because it is, those two will be cross shopped the hardest.

Sponsored

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those with more experience than me...Is there any chance the moving load limit of the factory rack would be increased? I believe it is currently advertised at 110lbs. I know most are expecting an increase in tow rating. Could we expect the rack limit to be increased at some point or is what it is and we have suck it up?

OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If anyone is on the tweet machine and feels like hitting up Levine on this it would be appreciated. Time is running out to be able to adjust our orders if needed.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those with more experience than me...Is there any chance the moving load limit of the factory rack would be increased? I believe it is currently advertised at 110lbs. I know most are expecting an increase in tow rating. Could we expect the rack limit to be increased at some point or is what it is and we have suck it up?
The biggest challenge with the factory rack is that the rear is anchored into the cap. There's only so much force that can be applied to plastic/SMC before the rack gets torn out of the material. There are some systems for Jeeps that build an interior frame from steel and/or tie the rack mounting points to the rollbar for a more sturdy anchor. Otherwise, exoskeleton racks are the next option that avoid anchoring on any area of the cap.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, but then they cant legally market it in ads and commercials as "best in class" against the wrangler. I agree though that we will all see it that way no matter what because it is, those two will be cross shopped the hardest.
Oh, I get that. Which is why I think Ford is waiting for 22 to make the change. If Jeep has to bump up to a class because of their hybrid then that frees Ford to move up as well and keep all the advertising legal. It's all a game.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't someone say they were going to change how the top bolts to the Body?

IF you believe what Ford is telling us, then the only change would be to get some new IT folks that can actually write a program that can calculate actual weights and not just counting add ons.

Meaning Ford claimed that the issue is that the System assumes you added on everything and this over weight. So the fix according to them has nothing to do with top structure, vehicle weight, certifications, etc... Just a software glitch.
Sponsored