Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in northeastern Indiana, and we get a decent amount of snow. I love driving in snow, and I'm excited to try and get my Bronco stuck. I also ski, so I'm going to be taking it on a few trips on uncleared roads.

Anyone else excited to use it in the snow or have anything snow related planned?

Getting any special equipment to prepare for it (tires or anything else)?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in northeastern Indiana, and we get a decent amount of snow. I love driving in snow, and I'm excited to try and get my Bronco stuck. I also ski, so I'm going to be taking it on a few trips on uncleared roads.

Anyone else excited to use it in the snow or have anything snow related planned?

I carry a collapsable snow shovel most of the winter in my Jeep here in Michigan along with a winch on the front bumper and a few straps and shackles. I use all of that more to help friends than myself.

No wheeling trips planned for winter, but it will be my daily driver so I know I will get plenty of opportunities to play in some deep snow.

OP
OP

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I carry a collapsable snow shovel most of the winter in my Jeep here in Michigan along with a winch on the front bumper and a few straps and shackles. I use all of that more to help friends than myself.

No wheeling trips planned for winter, but it will be my daily driver so I know I will get plenty of opportunities to play in some deep snow.
What tires do you use?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What tires do you use?
I run 35" Goodyear MTR's w/ Kevlar year round. They're pretty much a mud tire with a tight tread in the middle for better road manners. I haven't had any problems with them in deep snow, but others will say to run some sort of all terrain for the best traction.

A lot of my friends that stay on road more than I do run BFG KO2's or Goodyear Duratracs year round. The Duratracs are also rated for cold temperatures and if you are in an area that allows it, it's a studdable tire.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will almost certainly be getting a set of these. We have a small cabin that gets snowed in for at least 5 months each year. It would be nice to be able to get to it during the snowy months which is my favorite time to be up there.

Ford Bronco Any snow considerations/adventures? 9-2010 033

Sponsored

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I will almost certainly be getting a set of these. We have a small cabin that gets snowed in for at least 5 months each year. It would be nice to be able to get to it during the snowy months which is my favorite time to be up there.

Ford Bronco Any snow considerations/adventures? 9-2010 033
Who makes that? I've never seen those before.

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who makes that? I've never seen those before.
There are a few different companies; Mattracks, American Truck Tracks, Polar Tracks, etc. Not all are able to be used in conditions other than snow.

The ones pictured are the ATT ones which claim they can be used on any terrain. You just have to go slow on dry/rough surfaces. A set from any of these companies will run around $10k but you can get adapters for different lug patterns so I'm probably going to get my dad and brothers to go in on them with me and we'll split the cost.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in interior Alaska, it'll be my trail toy as well as my daily driver, i'll be getting traction boards and a winch on my black diamond sasquatch along with 37s or 40s. Havent decided yet

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going to figure out whether the 33s on the Badlands hold up to Minnesota winters. I’m a little worried they might be too wide to deal with deep snow on our unplowed roads, but it should be interesting.

RWD + snow = fun in any case.

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the Badlands largely to get up my driveway, which has 20% grades and is in the middle of the Rockies. Really hoping with studded tires I can stop plowing the driveway and therefore, regrading it every year...

Sponsored

GEP

Badlands
First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's funny, I'm in Alberta and there are kids up North zinging around in clapped out Sunfire's on roads that give me heart palpitations. We can overthink these things.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must be in the lake effect area of Indiana - around the Laporte area? Yeah, I'm a little farther east and don't get near the amount snow you guys get. Would be fun in the Bronco though!

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in Buffalo. No special equipment for me. Although.... I may buy a plow, save myself some time shoveling
Sponsored