First Name
Candyce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My cargo van (2005 Chevy Xpress awd, 315,000 miles) transmission has officially decided to die. Okay, I'm being a bit dramatic, but the gears are grinding and it'll require a new tranny. I've just handed over my honda element to my crew to keep them moving until I find a new vehicle.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on a used truck up to a mid-size? Trying to stay within 5 years old (but willing to go up to 10), and trying to find something on the lower mileage side, say less than 150k. Or, am I giving up on getting the Bronco the second year it's coming out?
Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Use CarGurus and/or AutoTrader to search. You can search for make, truck or van, one owner, clean Carfax, mileage and how much you want to spend. I believe you're the first person I've heard that considered "lower mileage" as less than 150K!

Edmunds and KBB can help you confirm the fairness of the asking price.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mid size truck that will last forever. Tacoma is a great choice, but you will pay damn near new car prices. The frontiers aren't bad, they are pretty easy to work on if you are into that, and you can get one for pretty cheap as well.

OP
OP
yocandyce

yocandyce

First Name
Candyce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mid size truck that will last forever. Tacoma is a great choice, but you will pay damn near new car prices. The frontiers aren't bad, they are pretty easy to work on if you are into that, and you can get one for pretty cheap as well.
Thanks for the heads up on the Frontier, especially the part that it's easy to work on. I remember looking at used Tacoma's about 6 months ago, and just being shocked at how much a 5 year old was. I'm thinking of adding the Colorado into the search pool. Or a horse drawn carriage :ROFLMAO:

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Check to see if in your area any large Corporations are downsizing and selling off company vehicles. Theres been a lot of that because of covid. Especially with companies doing less face 2 face. Try craigslist for commercial or company vehicles or auction sites.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CARS.com is my favorite, but I haven't tried the others listed above.

Car rental companies often have sales websites where they sell their fleet also.
You'll often see these on dealer lots where the carfax has them listed as being a previous rental vehicle. The prices are usually more reasonable.
Used trucks are a premium the past several years.

I've also heard rumor that if you happened to LOVE your rental, they will sell it to you....have no idea what that price would look like.
Sponsored