Sponsored

any suggestions for aftermarket products?

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not taking my Bronco in a rock garden, at least not without adding a ton more protection. Rock gardens = damage.... That being said, I think you're gonna find obstacles to climb over in almost any off-roading situation. There are certainly rocks in places other than rock gardens, in fact the hardest rock I've hit so far with my Bronco was in the middle of the main trail at my local off-road park. There could be a fallen tree on your overlanding trail. I think there are rocks in the desert, last I checked KOH has a few around. Who knows what's under snow, you really could hit anything. I guess you're fairly safe if you go to sand dunes, I'll give you that.

My point is, and has always been, those types of steps are a liability off-roading. They are for looks and to make it easier for people to climb into their rigs.

I find myself biting my tongue a bit when it comes to people who buy off-road vehicles and don't off-road, but it spills over sometimes. To be honest this is one of those cases. I don't like "fake" people who do "fake" things, and buying an off-road vehicle because it "looks cool" is one of those things. Products like this only fortify that point because people buy lifted vehicles but they don't like the discomfort of stepping up into them so they add steps that negate off-road ability. It's dumb IMHO.

There, you made me say it.
TLDR: I'm with you, but don't gatekeep man. These trucks are great.

I'll give it to you that clearance is relevant for most scenarios (I got my Trailhawk hung up because snow hid a ditch). And I appreciate your self awareness that passion around something you love can sometimes let the tongue slip. We've each got our own reasons for why we wanted and love our rigs (open air and mountain vacations for me) and we each are making compromises with every mod we make. I probably should have put lower steps on myself so my little girl can climb in, but that wasn't a compromise I would make. I compromised and got a soft top, which meant cargo locker for security, which meant another compromise on rear cargo space.
Sponsored

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like a solid, fold down grab handle above the door that can be Installed in the existing bolt holes. I know they make the paracord grab handle but I would like something that looks better and serves the purpose.
I'd wonder how these affect side airbags.. Could turn them into a projectile unfortunately

OP
OP
EEdward

EEdward

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like a solid, fold down grab handle above the door that can be Installed in the existing bolt holes. I know they make the paracord grab handle but I would like something that looks better and serves the purpose.
Why the paracord grab handle is not your choice?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find myself biting my tongue a bit when it comes to people who buy off-road vehicles and don't off-road
Lots of reasons to own one of these without off-roading. A key example: living in an area where you absolutely have to have a capable 4 wheel drive in the winter to get around for work, elder care, etc. or maybe being a volunteer fire fighter or EMT that use their POV for calls and need to get to remote areas. Broncos and Jeeps make perfect sense AND afford the opportunity to remove the top in the summer for cruising, beach trips or whatever they want to use them for while being prepared for those other situations.

It’s an “off road” vehicle if that’s what you use it for. It’s a highly capable, nimble, four wheel drive vehicle that’s a hell of a lot of fun to drive. Lots of other legitimate use cases though without “off road” being the only one.

And for those that don’t do any of that ? You should thank them for buying too because without their contributions in purchasing vehicles and aftermarket, those businesses might not hit the margin necessary to continue building for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of reasons to own one of these without off-roading. A key example: living in an area where you absolutely have to have a capable 4 wheel drive in the winter to get around for work, elder care, etc. or maybe being a volunteer fire fighter or EMT that use their POV for calls and need to get to remote areas. Broncos and Jeeps make perfect sense AND afford the opportunity to remove the top in the summer for cruising, beach trips or whatever they want to use them for while being prepared for those other situations.

It’s an “off road” vehicle if that’s what you use it for. It’s a highly capable, nimble, four wheel drive vehicle that’s a hell of a lot of fun to drive. Lots of other legitimate use cases though without “off road” being the only one.

And for those that don’t do any of that ? You should thank them for buying too because without their contributions in purchasing vehicles and aftermarket, those businesses might not hit the margin necessary to continue building for the rest of us.
So all of the examples you used ARE essentially "off-road" situations (if you're going through a foot of snow you're not really on the pavement much, same with "remote areas" where you would need 4x4).

I'm talking about the people who live in the city or suburbs who just think they look cool because they have a lifted Bronco or Jeep. I just don't like fake people, if you want to pose like you live a certain way then you should probably just live that way....

It doesn't really matter what I think about what someone else does anyway. If they want to buy a Bronco, spend $15k at 4WP decking it out, then NEVER put it in 4x4, that's their choice. It doesn't matter if I think they're in idiot... I'm still probably going to say what I think either way.
Sponsored