Sponsored

Any taken delivery of ADV modular hardtop?

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe hardtops are not as easy to make as we think it is…lol 🤯
Look at it this way, even though it’s inconvenient, it still far better to wait for a quality product than a rushed out faulty product. 🤷‍♂️
Sorry no affiliation, just humoured by all the misinformation on this site, pure entertainment! 😎
100% agree with your "misinformation on this site" statement! Although I don't think we would agree on the bigger picture :)
Sponsored

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not even a potential customer but fascinated by this level futility. Is there a rational explanation why hard tops seem impossible to make for anyone? We're not dealing with the lunar lander here...
Kinda makes me want to build my own at some point. With some research on how, I'm sure I could since I have the aptitude to do so

ALEXMURPHY

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know Advanced Fiberglass was supposed to start delivering their hardtop in December so wondering if anyone out there has installed and what their impressions are? Anyone have pics of a delivered hardtop, as I've only seen the pics on the ADV website. Thanks!
I have been waiting since May of 2022, every month there has been a FN excuse a problem. I do not know if I will ever take possession of this hard top.

The line about waiting for a quality top is worth it is not as good as it seemed a while back. Who knows maybe I get the hardtop after my Bronco has excessive kms on it and it needs to be replaced. Is that worth it? I get the top and the vehicle needs to go? I'm starting to doubt it is.

MAY 2022 IT IS 2024 NOW.

BendBroncoGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you learn?
I ordered mine and waited for 18 months then finally cancelled. They suck at communicating and to be honest, I doubt if they will ever deliver as they have been saying its gasket, rubber, manufacturing, etc for years. Total BS at this point in my opinion. Good luck

BendBroncoGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been waiting since May of 2022, every month there has been a FN excuse a problem. I do not know if I will ever take possession of this hard top.

The line about waiting for a quality top is worth it is not as good as it seemed a while back. Who knows maybe I get the hardtop after my Bronco has excessive kms on it and it needs to be replaced. Is that worth it? I get the top and the vehicle needs to go? I'm starting to doubt it is.

MAY 2022 IT IS 2024 NOW.
My experience exactly. They are completely full of shit IMHO. I finally ordered a Turn Off Road hardtop and will be here in a couple of months. They are fantastic at communicating etc. Ill post when I do get the actual top

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is really no bueno. I am sorry you all have been financially abused by "Advanced (by-your) Fibergla$$ concept. Class action time?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt a class action would do anything considering a buyer can get a refund back at anytime- all they have to do is ask. Several have already. If they refused refunds then that would be a different matter. People willingly gave them 100% up front so any risk is assumed by them. Never, ever would I give any company 100% up front for a non-existent product, but that’s just me I guess.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt a class action would do anything considering a buyer can get a refund back at anytime- all they have to do is ask. Several have already. If they refused refunds then that would be a different matter. People willingly gave them 100% up front so any risk is assumed by them. Never, ever would I give any company 100% up front for a non-existent product, but that’s just me I guess.
This talk of lawsuits is beyond silly. They clearly said there are no refunds including for delays. They decided to offer refunds which is the right thing to do. I'm glad things didn't work out actually, as I believe TOR is a better top for less money (my opinion).

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered mine and waited for 18 months then finally cancelled. They suck at communicating and to be honest, I doubt if they will ever deliver as they have been saying its gasket, rubber, manufacturing, etc for years. Total BS at this point in my opinion. Good luck

I've seen this type of thing plenty of times in the construction world. Honestly so many times it's basically a recipe now. Our company has been on the end of the phone multiple times when these company's phone us, and tell us they can't deliver on their promise. So we have to sue them for breaching the contract (delaying our project by months), they go bankrupt and we find someone else.

These companies are all the same. They speak before they think and it gets them in trouble.

1. See a market for something, and thinking they have the ability to make a product at "competitive" enough prices
2. Tell people they can do it. Sign contracts, future purchase agreements, expected timelines, etc. and start working on the project
3. Realize that they either don't have the expertise to do it, or the costs to manufacture are actually way more expensive than they thought.
4. Come to the realization that without economy of scale like an OEM (or in my industry's case, small construction company competing with a big company), making only a few hundred or even the low thousands of items, they cannot bring down their unit cost enough to actually make any profit
5. They can't deliver on their promise.
6. Requires legal action to remedy (sued and they go bankrupt)

In the case of ADV and the hardtops, they are likely going to keep dragging this out and eventually give some excuse and try to keep as much of your money as possible. Make it as impossible as they can for people to get their deposits back.

Please, if you're reading this, cancel your order before you lose your hard earned money.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can also get your money back and then buy the top again when it’s on Amazon, Temu, or Wish for 30% of the current price

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well for those still in the game, ADV has said in another thread I believe, or lol it could be this one, that they will update (their customers) every 7 days regardless of status. So I would say those still in, should be getting an update today, or over the weekend.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well for those still in the game, ADV has said in another thread I believe, or lol it could be this one, that they will update (their customers) every 7 days regardless of status. So I would say those still in, should be getting an update today, or over the weekend.
They claimed 7-10 business days:

We hear you loud and clear wanting more communication. We will be sending updates every 7-10 business days so that you know exactly what stage your hardtop is in (only to customers via email). We will send out an email even if the status is in the same spot. Make sure to take a look at your email to see the latest news on your hardtop.
So technically they have until Friday (3/1/24) before paying customers have to move the goal posts again.
Sponsored