Sponsored

Any tall drivers have problems seeing around B pillar in 4 dr?

brantleybryant789

Badlands
First Name
Brantley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6"4' here; when I drive a 4dr (work) the b pillar blocks my view and when I drive my wife's 2dr the b pillar doesn't block my view.
I am 6’6” tall and I’ve driven both 4 door and 2 door. There is a considerable difference between the two. I personally prefer driving the 2 door but the 4 door makes more sense for me and my family.
Sponsored

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
6ft6 here.
Like one other poster, I do not sit with seat all the way back. I sit forward and seat back pretty straight. Can’t remember ever noticing the B pillar in 3k+ miles.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 6'4" and wondering if anyone with a 4 dr who puts the drivers seat a good ways back has noticed the B pillar getting in the way when looking left? I am not seeing anything definitive in my searches. I have not been able to find a 2 dr to sit in to see if it is a better fit. The 4 door I have been able to drive I did notice the pillar is at my shoulder and makes lane checking kind of a pain but I wasn't been able to spend a lot of time in it to see if it would be a hassle.
One of the reasons I got a 2 door was the extra shoulder room and visibility. Much better than the 4 door.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6 -4 with 2dr , vision out no worse than any other vehicle.
I did have a big strip of tint on the front window I had to cut down it was like driving with welding goggles on.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Common in a lot of 4 door vehicles. You just either lean forward or turn your head and look behind the pillar.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the two door, but the weekend after I got it, I went to my friend's house, who is 6'4" and has the four door version of mine. The door widths are seriously, radically different. He squeezed himself into his own. Folded up is more like it. I got in and thought I might not ever get out.

Funny how none of you evertalls mentioned the completely worthless sun visors. Maybe it's more noticeable in the two door (it's a FOOT TOO SHORT to cover the two door window), but I imagine it still blocks 40% of your view of the windshield even in the four door. Maybe more if you're taller (I'm 6' 3".). Pull that sucker over and between that and the B pillar, you may never turn left again.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
5'10"

The stupid short doors on the 4-door and the B-pillar jabbing me in the shoulder was the main reason I bought a 2-door. And yeah, if the B-pillar is forward of your shoulder, it's going to block your view.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 6’4 and the solution for all of that was getting a 2 Dr which also opens wider for a big frame to step into a Sasquatch. ;)

See, Ford fixed the problem before you even got started.

A Moar door is for the short guys and the ladies. :)

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have probably already tried this but most rear view mirrors are on a 2 pivot dog bone mount, pivot the first joint from the glass all the way up, then pivot the mirror angle Down. You can raise the whole mirror assembly about 2 1/2 inche, make a huge difference
Sponsored