Sponsored

any updates on the modular painted hard tops?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know the MIC hard top delays are front and center at the moment, but has there been any updates, previews, sneak peeks, low quality potato phone pics of the modular painted top? I just remember seeing the patent designs and renders on the build and price.
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY2023

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love to hear a new update on the mod top. I know they got a new manufacturer who was building a facility to make the tops, but that was the last I heard. I really wish they would come out sooner than 2023. I drove a Bronco for the first time last week and now I'm hooked. Really don't want to have to wait another 1+ year. :(

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love to hear a new update on the mod top. I know they got a new manufacturer who was building a facility to make the tops, but that was the last I heard. I really wish they would come out sooner than 2023. I drove a Bronco for the first time last week and now I'm hooked. Really don't want to have to wait another 1+ year. :(
Yeah thats the main thing in the back of my mind 2nd guessing my build. I'm afraid I won't be happy with the MIC top and lament not getting the modular, but another year wait seems really really annoying.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah thats the main thing in the back of my mind 2nd guessing my build. I'm afraid I won't be happy with the MIC top and lament not getting the modular, but another year wait seems really really annoying.
I thought about switching to the MIC, but knew I would end up being disappointed in the end. Super glad I didn't switch after all the issues. I'm almost more worried about them coming out and saying there will be no mod top at all.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The next update will be when the 2022 order bank is released. If it’s going to be pulled ahead ford will announce then.

Ford is claiming my2023, has any of Ford’s published bronco timelines been met?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have been toying with the idea of switching to a soft top and then getting a HT later down the road. I have TJ now with a soft top and half doors and I can't here myself think if I am going over 40 MPH. I test drove a WildTrak with a soft top and it was not too loud with the top down. I too do not want to have to wait until 2023 but I may kick myself in the ass if I switch to the soft top. I do have to change my order because i ordered AMB and that is gone like the wind. Might change to Hot Pepper Red or Iconic Silver, undecided.

Sponsored

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I test drove a WildTrak with a soft top
I too drove a soft top wildtrak and it was SUPER loud with the top up. I thought the back windows had been rolled down at some point. I was only on a 6-lane highway also. I can't imagine what it would be like on the interstate.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too drove a soft top wildtrak and it was SUPER loud with the top up. I thought the back windows had been rolled down at some point. I was only on a 6-lane highway also. I can't imagine what it would be like on the interstate.
Well that sucks! But thanks for the info that means I will wait for the Modular top.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no MOD top info from me, but I've been thinking about tops recently.

I'm waiting out MIC 2.0 to see how the quality is from the orders being filled over the next few months and into next year. If they still have issues, I'm really close to going soft top on the order, then saving up money to buy aftermarket solution via a 3rd party for a hardtop.
Sponsored