Sponsored

Any word on availability of factory tune for the 2.3 like they do for Rangers?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to get the tune but haven't seen it on B&P and haven't read anything about it recently.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford Performance tune didn't come out for the Ranger until 2020, after the Ranger had been on sale for a couple of years. The tune isn't available in the Ranger's Build & Price as a "factory" option, you have to get it after the fact.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If and when the tune becomes available it won't be for a while and it'll be sold from the service department. It's never a checkbox when ordering. I bet tunes from aftermarket companies will come alot sooner as they will throw a ranger tune on a bronco, make sure it all works and start selling it.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford Performance tune didn't come out for the Ranger until 2020, after the Ranger had been on sale for a couple of years. The tune isn't available in the Ranger's Build & Price as a "factory" option, you have to get it after the fact.
Would the Ranger tune not work for the Bronco with it being the same engine and all? Granted I'm essentially ignorant of all things horsepower and mechanical so this could well be a stupid question.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would the Ranger tune not work for the Bronco with it being the same engine and all? Granted I'm essentially ignorant of all things horsepower and mechanical so this could well be a stupid question.
Ford likes to tinker, there may be some differences between the Bronco and Ranger engines. The same EcoBoost 2.3 in the Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS are all a bit different, so no telling what's in the Bronco. On top of that, the Bronco has more drive modes to calibrate than the Ranger, plus the manual transmission to account for. I assume the factory tune will come quicker than the Ranger, but it's not a pure copy-paste job.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford likes to tinker, there may be some differences between the Bronco and Ranger engines. The same EcoBoost 2.3 in the Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS are all a bit different, so no telling what's in the Bronco. On top of that, the Bronco has more drive modes to calibrate than the Ranger, plus the manual transmission to account for. I assume the factory tune will come quicker than the Ranger, but it's not a pure copy-paste job.
Appreciate the insight. Makes perfect sense.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 2.3 and 2.7 factory tunes used to be shown in the accessory catalog (availability was Q4) They are not in the current catalog.
Sponsored