Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know it's early, but have to ask. I really want an EV. $6 for a fillup sounds good, and we have charging stations where I am.
Sponsored

doublethebass

First Name
Antoin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’17 Tacoma TRD Pro 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know it's early, but have to ask. I really want an EV. $6 for a fillup sounds good, and we have charging stations where I am.
Farley the CEO hinted at it but nothing official. I hope there’s a quality BEV race between Jeep and Ford. Would love an open top no doors BEV

doublethebass

First Name
Antoin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’17 Tacoma TRD Pro 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A BEV Bronco is a full generation away. They’re going to barely squeeze the hybrid into the sister platform Ranger on this current upcoming platform and it’s unlikely this Bronco will even see that and if it does it’ll be at the end of cycle and only a four door.
I don’t like it, but I think you’re right. Until battery density increases significantly, the BEVs are going to be the 4 door versions so they can squeeze as much energy in there as possible. I would bet Jeep would give the 2 door BEV a whirl at some point, but Ford would be a long shot.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, guys. Sounds like I'm up to date on EV info. We'll just have to wait and see. Ford is doing good things, so I feel positive about it over time.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn’t have enough batteries to scale Mach E and Lightning. They’re going to need to finish the plants in KY and TN before they start building more models. I figure they’ll make the Bronco EV at the new Ford EV truck plant in West Tennessee.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford doesn’t have enough batteries to scale Mach E and Lightning. They’re going to need to finish the plants in KY and TN before they start building more models. I figure they’ll make the Bronco EV at the new Ford EV truck plant in West Tennessee.
The $11.4B battery plant Ford and SK Innovation are building together in Tennessee is forecast to be complete sometime in 2025 so until then, batteries will be a constraint for Ford’s EV demand.
Sponsored