Sponsored

Anybody at the colorodo event ask question?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m here now. Engineers are “supposed to be out” after lunch. What questions do you have?
When will consumers be able to see real photos (not CGI) of production spec vehicles in all trims?

Any plans to show off a 4D in Colorado?

Please ask them point blank about a 2” lift beyond Sasquatch & 37’s. Will this be a Ford Performance aftermarket option?

Will Ford offer a MIC hardtop in black? It’s widely documented consumers are not responding well to the gray MIC top clashing with other black trims.

Will the build & price online tool be more detailed than the existing B&P tool for current vehicles? (I’m guessing we’re going to be underwhelmed when the B&P comes out and it’s lack of detail, I hope I’m wrong)

good luck & have fun! ?
Sponsored

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have a guy sit in the back seat with the front seat all the way back. I’m sure it’s similar to the 2-door wrangler I sat in, but would like a visual representation.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have a guy sit in the back seat with the front seat all the way back. I’m sure it’s similar to the 2-door wrangler I sat in, but would like a visual representation.
I have a wide angle pic of the back seat. It is tiiiight looking. And not in a 90s slang way. I’m sending pics to Dougie now and will have more on Insta.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want one of those mugs. I'm sure they will all be gone by the time i get up there on Saturday. Ugh.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the PR guy able to confirm this rumor?

We have it on very good authority up here in the PNW that opening your "Seattle Briefcase" to enjoy a frosty Rainier is, in fact, the best tasting beer in any form of free cup and or beer-holding swag. This is a fact regardless if you're drinking from a free leather glove, Bronco cup or shoe.

raindog-18--rainier-beer-seattle-nick-lucey[1].jpg
Longmire agrees.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask them, “if you were a build and price what kind of build and price would you be? Also if you were a build and price what month and day would you theoretically come out and become your best build and price?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes and very easily. You got a wrench and 5 minutes?

5B9A4851-4030-458A-9E15-627B2B53DB99.jpeg
Yeah for the $6k cost over the black diamond I’ll just buy the socket for my impact driver and bring it. Awesome to see! I’m sure aftermarket quick detach will be ez too.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask them, “if you were a build and price what kind of build and price would you be? Also if you were a build and price what month and day would you theoretically come out and become your best build and price?
B and P was one of the questions the Bronco Nation guy asked. No one had a clue. He also asked about delivery timing, top colors, and all the stuff we want to know. There were no answers.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B and P was one of the questions the Bronco Nation guy asked. No one had a clue. He also asked about delivery timing, top colors, and all the stuff we want to know. There were no answers.
Oh I’m sure i was just being sarcastic lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Extra holes in the frame is good. More places for junk to escape. More places to stick an undercoating wand. BUT I would ask this question:

Jeep has had tubular frames for years. They are horrible. They rust from the inside out. There's a whole aftermarket industry selling weld in replacement parts for these POS frames. It seems as if the only real solution is for the frame to be galvanized or otherwise bulletproofed against rusting out.

It's a pain to keep the inside of the frame clean as mud / sand / etc accumulates in there. You have to frequently wash by pushing a hose in there and hoping you addressed the mess.

In addition to Jeep frames rusting out there's also a chronic problem with rivet nuts seizing up, rusting through and generally causing all kinds of grief. This can also be attributed to the tube frame on a 4x4 and the fact that junk accumulates in there and help to retain moisture.

1) Is Ford aware of these problems with the Jeep frames

2) What has Ford done specifically to ensure these issues don't exist for Bronco owners?

A+ if the the frame is galvanized :)
+1 about Jeep frames and rust from the inside out. The TJ frame is notorious for getting wet, rusting the lower center section from the inside out, because water has no place to go. A few factory drain holes would have helped.

I saw on that other thread, the new Bronco appears to have some holes in the bottom boxed section for water to drain. That is good - else I would drill some like I did on my TJ.

The Bronco photos did show some other frame holes with some surface rust already forming around them. And some people were commenting about that. But unless you can completely seal the frame, then you must have some holes. Hopefully production vehicles will have some decent rust preventive coating. But I doubt frame will be galvanized.

I use a product called Wool Wax sprayed inside the frame. I would spray the inside of the new Bronco frame, and outside as well, with a product such at that. If living in the rust belt.

One thing I noticed is the new Bronco frame seems formed in pieces and welded together, rather than one piece frame rails hydro formed or two C channels welded together. I'll be interested to crawl under the production Bronco when it finally arrives to have a closer look.

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question: Do they have plans for an optional "tow harness" ( I plan on flat towing my Bronco) or a plug/connector somewhere near the front to connect the Bronco's rear lights with the towing vehicle?....thnx

I see they have beer...where's the (pineapple/Hawaiian) Pizza?????
Sponsored