Sponsored

Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
B5 S4 and a B8 A4 daily. The B8 is going, but the B5 will get driven until the wheels fall off. I grew up in trucks and Jeeps, so having both should scratch the itch nicely.
I miss my B5, still casually looking for a clean one. My E46 sort of scratches that itch but it's not the same. If you happen to come across a nice one, ideally Santorin blue, let me know!
Sponsored

Reactions: RG7

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sold my 911 last year - not too many places to really use it - plus with the kids growing bigger they were complaining about the back seat. It spent more time in the garage. I have always had a 4x4 as well - and it was always more useful - day to day -
I have been patiently waiting for fo the new Defender and the new Bronco to come out - the 911 was just a vehicle to ease the pain of waiting.
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? my_new_9972

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no tuner car for me but the 4runner will be parted out and sold the bronco will be the new daily and i will probably look into a w211 E55 or E63 as a cruiser. would love a w211 estate as a side car.

OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t do it, you’ll regret it.

Wife is getting the Bronco, I have a scat pack. 4X4 and speed, best of both worlds.
I wish I could say I am getting the bronco for the woman, but it's obviously for me, and we just bought her a brand new Mercedes GLA 250, so I can't use that excuse. 😆

I know I will regret it though... I am just finding it hard to justify even though I can very easily afford it. It would be one thing if it was some sort of rare sports car, but its not. It's not particularly special to anybody but me, and its not paid off (bought it used 2 years ago) so its costing me an extra 7-800 dollars a month including insurance to keep it. If it were paid off, I don't think there would be any question about keeping it.

Sponsored

rugbyback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
335 coupe, then an STI and now a Golf R, all of them at least chipped. However, after 3 tires and one wheel replacement in the last two years, I'm pretty much done with the low profile wheel scene. Got to love the roads in and around Philly.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess you could say I have a tuner car. 2017 Alpha 7 GTR. No plans to get rid of it unless I pick up an exotic.

Engineeredthisway24

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am keeping the Cayman S since I feel it will be the perfect compliment to the Bronco. She will be relegated to weekend duties once Big Hefty gets into the stable. Historically, I have been a BMW enthusiast with a few M5s and some lower level models here and there. I might end up with another M5 at some point, but for now the P-car will be warm and comfy in MY garage. ;)

AB200F4B-0B1B-4830-95F7-A7987196F12C_1_105_c.jpeg

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! 🤣

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
I don't drive a "tuner car" but I know your feels.

I have an M4 right now. Prior to that I have owned an STI as well as other "tuner" cars. When I got the M4 I was 40 (43 now) and I have noticed that while once in a blue moon I still love stepping on the gas, it happens less and less now. Also, gone are the days of having any interest in going to the track.

For that reason I am 99% likely to trade the M in. If down the line I get the itch for speed then I will likely buy a car for cash to use when said itch pops up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LostInArizona

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If down the line I get the itch for speed then I will likely buy a car for cash to use when said itch pops up.
Yea thats kinda been my line of thinking... If I get the need to hit the track and do some auto-x again, I can go buy a used Miata, FRS/BRZ some other RWD beater that I can just upgrade on the cheap and not worry about trashing on the track just having fun and scratching that itch. Which, I can tow with the bronco, so it doesn't even need to be street legal lol!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! 🤣

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
I vote keep the road racer. I'm a 4x4 guy, but I got this used BRZ last summer. When on the road, it's so much fun driving a vehicle designed to excel on pavement. BRZ isn't a stoplight racer, but I carve up the turns - the on/off ramps are my friend with wife yelling slow down. :) Price of this BRZ + future base Bronco is still less than one lux Bronco. Maybe you can swing both, by going base or at least cutting back on the lux?

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? BRZ

STANG526

Outer Banks
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford Mustang, Ford F150, Pontiac Grand am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a tuner car, per se, but I have two different Dinan BMWs that I plan on keeping. M235 and 328 Sport Wagon to be specific. Bronco will be an addition, I don't like selling cars prefer to hoard.
I guess I'm a hoarder too. However, I do plan to replace my F150. It's a fair weathered 4x4 that prefers not to go when the temp drops, forcing me to buck drifts in my 1990 Pontiac.

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daily driver is a '18 Honda Accord 2.0 that's paid off. I plan on trading that in for the Bronco.

Tuner wise, I have a 60k mile 1990 240sx hatch that was passed down to me from my great-grandmother. Completing a full overhaul now and plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. I also plan on adding a Huracan Performante next year.

I need to buy a damn house...