Sponsored

Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I miss my B5, still casually looking for a clean one. My E46 sort of scratches that itch but it's not the same. If you happen to come across a nice one, ideally Santorin blue, let me know!
I’ll let you know if I run into one. B5’s are punishing cars to their owners but there’s no better feeling than driving a well sorted one. That’s why mine will have to be pried out of my hands.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got a little bit of everything, and none of them are leaving any time soon.

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a MINI Cooper S JCW with a tune that we're keeping since we love to run with the MINI group through the twisties. Also keeping the Charger Hellcat for fast on the straight and the rumble 😉 Rounding out the pack with the Bronco since the others don't do mountains well! Now we'll be set for everything that makes us grin!

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own an 2013 STI and have owned 2017 STI (totaled in an accident RIP), as well as other "tuner" cars including a 350z, Mazdaspeed3, and a couple more. Tuner cars are sort if ingrained in me, and like any other enthusiast, I like going fast! That said, as I have gotten older I find Im getting on that throttle a lot less. I dont really have time for those spirited mountain road drives anymore, and I don't auto-x like I used to.

So, I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to keep my STI, on which I have coil overs and a handful of other suspension modifications. On one hand its absolutely a blast to drive, it owns those snow covered mount roads on ski trips, due to its amazing AWD system. But on the other hand, being one of the most expensive cars to insure (like even more than a vette for me), it costs me almost double my normal payment to keep it. I know I will miss it, if I end up trading it in, or selling it. Although my Bronco will probably satisfy my lead foot during day to day driving, its just not the same. The big thing for me is the cost of insurance, I know I can afford it, and maybe my insurance would be cheaper if I am not daily driving the thing, but its hard to justify with a brand new Bronco also sitting in the drive way. I love off-roading as well, which I have also missed and haven't been able to do in quite some time, and I know the bronco will do great in the snow when I go skiing, so there's that... tough decision! 🤣

So I am curious, how many of you currently drive "tuner" cars? What do you drive? And what are your plans with you take delivery of your Bronco? Trading in? Selling? Keeping? Relegating to track duty?
I had a 2017 Mustang GT350 and after my wife got her 2019 GT I ended up selling the GT350 and moving back into a 2019 Subaru WRX STI. I could not see having two summer cars and two winter cars. I had been tracking cars for seven years and the cost of doing so was adding up. The STI was my choice at the time to still give me a sport car and run it all year round. My last STI had been a 2015 model. Once the bronco was shown I had to jump on and reserve one. It was the first truly 4 wheel off road vehicle that caught my eye. I’m selling the STI when my bronco comes. We will still have the 2019 GT.
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 8C33C77F-38A7-486B-BB0C-1B9643AA4F2A

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The wife's car is a 2017 Focus RS, My Car is a 2016 Alfa Romeo 4c Spider. Both are in my Showcase. We are keeping both of them.

Prior to these, I had a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline that was the epitome of a tuner car.
380HP, 390TQ at the wheels, with a Borg Warner EFR 6758 and Meth Injection, Vertical doors and a fully detailed out engine bay. Stock it had 225ishHP and TQ
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614044559868

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614044606431

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614044685428

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614044637558

Timing Chain, like most 2.0L engines, was the achilles heal and when it broke, it took most of the valves and 2 cylinders with it. What was crazy is I got offered a really nice deal for it with no running engine, so I jumped on that and picked up the Alfa.

We share a Ford Escape. The Bronco will be replacing that.

Sponsored

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2016 VW MK7 R full bolt ons and JB4. I've got 110k on it, daily from the day I got it. I've loved it, flies under the radar and is more than powerful enough. With snow tires on the AWD has been unstoppable. I've done all of the mods and maintenance myself, I rarely trust anyone with my toys, and I doubt the Bronco will be any different. I

The 2.0L turbo has been rock solid and so easy to extract more power out of, I'm really hoping the Ecoboost will have the same aftermarket support. I'm not sure if consider a naturally aspirated engine anymore, forced induction is too easy to make HP gains.

Life changes and I just need something bigger and more rugged. I can't haul all my tools for projects at friends houses, can't go down a rough gravel road for a hike or mountain bike.

I just hope the Bronco is as reliable and the interior quality comes close.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The current garage has a mk6 gti with more mods than sense, and a 2015 335i with more sense than mods. The GTI holds a very very special place in my heart, and got me through a lot of different bits of life, so it'll never go away. The 335 is just the best damn driver's car I'll ever have the pleasure of driving, but I need to be sensible and get rid of one, so the next lucky person gets to enjoy it for a few years.

I figure the GTI is just the right weight to put a tow kit on and tow back and forth to the track for duty there. that and 2900lbs dead with 300 little angry german ponies never ever gets old.

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614046748186

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The current garage has a mk6 gti with more mods than sense, and a 2015 335i with more sense than mods. The GTI holds a very very special place in my heart, and got me through a lot of different bits of life, so it'll never go away. The 335 is just the best damn driver's car I'll ever have the pleasure of driving, but I need to be sensible and get rid of one, so the next lucky person gets to enjoy it for a few years.

I figure the GTI is just the right weight to put a tow kit on and tow back and forth to the track for duty there. that and 2900lbs dead with 300 little angry german ponies never ever gets old.

Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 1614046748186
I hear ya, my mk7 weighs roughly 2850 or so with around 470 whp and 426 wtq. Only really issue is traction till about 50 or so.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a fully track built pure stg2 M235xi that I've owned new since 2015. Everyday we get closer to the Bronco I wrestle selling my once dream car (BMW) or keeping both vehicles. The issues becomes moving as I am in the Military and having multiple cars and insurance/maintenance would be hard. Apart of me wants my bimmer to be my forever car that I keep to the grave. The other part of me is thoroughly satisfied and ready to let it go to a new owner and and make another epic build with the Bronco.

P.S. Located in San Diego with only 38k miles. Garage kept and ceramic coated. FULL build. To much to list if your interest of course I could go on all day about how immaculate she is. Dyno at 520awhp and 604awtg on full E85. Currently on E30 stg2 Flash with Bootmod3. =)
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? IMG_20200628_132016_334

Sponsored

ducbill

Black Diamond
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Evo Ducati 1100s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's my headache. I've owned a bunch of the "tuner cars" and always seem to blow up the Mitsubishis...
Ford Bronco Anybody currently driving tuner cars? Planning on keeping it when you get your Bronco? 0