Sponsored

Anybody else get this email from Ford that I think is a scam?

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what kind of scam, or why. But I got this invite to a local ORV park to drive the Bronco. So I signed up, seemed legit enough. But when I went to log in to see more details, it won't let me. A message comes up in red that says I've already used that username.

So I looked at McCleary's web site. No mention at all of any events in January on their calendar. I called their number and got a message saying the park was closed for the season.

So I sent an email the the "Drive the Bronco" people asking why I couldn't log in. A few days later, 6 pm on Saturday night( New Years Day), I got a reply asking which venue I had signed up for.

It just seems fishy.
Anybody else get this email?

I figure I'll call Ford later when I have time to be on hold for a while.

Screen shot below. I am not recommending that folks go to the web site and register.
Ford Bronco Anybody else get this email from Ford that I think is a scam? Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.12.13 AM

Ford Bronco Anybody else get this email from Ford that I think is a scam? Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.25.49 AM
Sponsored

DesertDweller

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What email address did it come from? Those are usually a dead giveaway for a scam

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what kind of scam, or why. But I got this invite to a local ORV park to drive the Bronco. So I signed up, seemed legit enough. But when I went to log in to see more details, it won't let me. A message comes up in red that says I've already used that username.

So I looked at McCleary's web site. No mention at all of any events in January on their calendar. I called their number and got a message saying the park was closed for the season.

So I sent an email the the "Drive the Bronco" people asking why I couldn't log in. A few days later, 6 pm on Saturday night( New Years Day), I got a reply asking which venue I had signed up for.

It just seems fishy.
Anybody else get this email?

I figure I'll call Ford later when I have time to be on hold for a while.

Screen shot below. I am not recommending that folks go to the web site and register.
Ford Bronco Anybody else get this email from Ford that I think is a scam? Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.25.49 AM

I was able to register a few weeks ago, got a confirmation email. I'll be there wednesday morning!

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s legit. I did it. It’s only like an hour and I wouldn’t arrange your whole day around it but enjoy it!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would avoid providing any compromising person information. Meaning anything beyond email and phone.

Also, don’t enter your Ford.com site log in. If your computer isn’t auto filling, that’s because the URL is different. A hacker/scammer can fake the “look“ of a URL but when you hover over (don’t click) it’ll give you the real address. Scam emails try the same trick.

Basically, any email or notificaiton you EVER receive asking you to click a link and log in that you did not initiate the contact Is a potential scam and you should avoid.

Even if legi, how do they know you? Know you’re buying a Bronco? If dealership set up or shared your info, why weren’t you informed by them or asked if you wished to participate?

If you want to go ride the Bronco, the Off-Rodeo is there and yes you’ll need to travel, but so what, plus it’ll be much more fun.

Hope for the OPs sake this was real and he wasn’t compromised.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received one but without a Bronco, I didn't reply.

Reactions: Cat

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got that invitation for an event in SoCal a couple months ago. Legit and so much fun. I got to drive a similarly spec’d model to my build with the top off! The area that we were driving in was a fire road that was not open to the public which may explain why you’re being told the area you’re in intend to is closed.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received an invitation this morning to the OHV-park in Bridgeport, TX. When trying to sign up, I mistakenly used an old email with my order # to sign up, and it did not work. (I forgot I updated it a few months ago to a different email) However, the verification worked when I used the new email and order #.

Therefore, I think Ford is behind the event as a scammer probably wouldn't know my order # and updated email. Plus, the event is free, and I only had to provide my address, which I do when I order anything online.

I scheduled a ride for the wife and me on 1/22. I'll provide an update on our experience once we get back. If you don't hear from me after 1/22, it was probably a scam, and we are likely tied up in a basement somewhere.

Sponsored

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received an invitation this morning to the OHV-park in Bridgeport, TX. When trying to sign up, I mistakenly used an old email with my order # to sign up, and it did not work. (I forgot I updated it a few months ago to a different email) However, the verification worked when I used the new email and order #.

Therefore, I think Ford is behind the event as a scammer probably wouldn't know my order # and updated email. Plus, the event is free, and I only had to provide my address, which I do when I order anything online.

I scheduled a ride for the wife and me on 1/22. I'll provide an update on our experience once we get back. If you don't hear from me after 1/22, it was probably a scam, and we are likely tied up in a basement somewhere.
Same, husband and I will be at the Bridgeport event on 1/22.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same, husband and I will be at the Bridgeport event on 1/22.
Awesome! I signed us up for the 1:30 PM timeframe. So maybe we will see y'all out there!

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went to one, was lame because they weren’t allowed to take the Broncos out on the trails so we just drove around on the road a bit.
Sponsored