Sponsored

Anybody else having trouble getting dealers to talk about mark ups? I may switch to Granger.

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have talked to three local dealers. One said “we don’t know if we’re gonna have added markups, but we probably will.” One said, “man we haven’t got that info yet, we won’t know for a while.” And the other said, “I don’t think we will, but I’m not sure.” At least one of these guys was a manager. It’s frustrating. I’ve checked the list of dealers in another thread that has confirmed whether or not they will charge markup and have x plan and all that good stuff, but nobody close to me is on the list. I refuse to pay an extra markup for no reason and at this point I’m considering switching to Granger based solely on principle. It’s annoying dealing with a bunch of people who don’t have their crap together and know nothing about one of the most anticipated vehicle launches in a hot minute. Is anybody else having this issue or is it just me?
Sponsored

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
None of the local dealers I've contacted here in Utah will commit to anything. They keep trying to say, "Ford hasn't released pricing yet, so we just can't say right now." Then why is it @Granger Ford has been able to commit to pricing? Riddle me that!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have talked to three local dealers. One said “we don’t know if we’re gonna have added markups, but we probably will.” One said, “man we haven’t got that info yet, we won’t know for a while.” And the other said, “I don’t think we will, but I’m not sure.” At least one of these guys was a manager. It’s frustrating. I’ve checked the list of dealers in another thread that has confirmed whether or not they will charge markup and have x plan and all that good stuff, but nobody close to me is on the list. I refuse to pay an extra markup for no reason and at this point I’m considering switching to Granger based solely on principle. It’s annoying dealing with a bunch of people who don’t have their crap together and know nothing about one of the most anticipated vehicle launches in a hot minute. Is anybody else having this issue or is it just me?
I can't say that I've had that issue myself. Pretty much all I've talked to have said No ADM. But you have to be careful, because they may say that, until they do a window etching for an extra $300.

For your case, you'd do ok to let it ride out a little before making the switch. So far the @Granger Ford appears to be a great deal. But that doesn't mean that you can't find one a little closer to home if that makes a big difference to you. And check the forum to see if anyone in your area is trying to organize a group buy. Or hell, you can always start one yourself. Just food for thought.

OP
OP
Joshua_D_44

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

None of the local dealers I've contacted here in Utah will commit to anything. They keep trying to say, "Ford hasn't released pricing yet, so we just can't say right now." Then why is it @Granger Ford has been able to commit to pricing? Riddle me that!
Exactly. That’s the same thing I keep hearing. Seems very odd that nobody else will commit, but Granger can.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joshua_D_44

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't say that I've had that issue myself. Pretty much all I've talked to have said No ADM. But you have to be careful, because they may say that, until they do a window etching for an extra $300.

For your case, you'd do ok to let it ride out a little before making the switch. So far the @Granger Ford appears to be a great deal. But that doesn't mean that you can't find one a little closer to home if that makes a big difference to you. And check the forum to see if anyone in your area is trying to organize a group buy. Or hell, you can always start one yourself. Just food for thought.
I know at one point I checked to see if anyone was doing a group buy in Tennessee. At the time I don’t think there was. I’m trying to hold off on moving my reservation, I just don’t want to wind up talking to dealers who still won’t commit to anything at the end of October.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer was up front when I asked but their up front sucked so I switched to Granger.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ran into a similar situation. Made 2 reservations at 2 different dealers as I was unsure which would offer the better deal and be more open and transparent about pricing. Spoke to an assistant sales manager at one who said no decision had been made yet on whether to charge an additional markup. Said it might depend on trim level. My assumption was that they might not make what they want on the lower trims so might decide to add a markup to those. Needless to say I canceled that reservation right after I got off the phone. Other dealership I spoke to the sales manager. He said no ADM but that orders would be placed using MSRP.
Changed that reservation to Granger!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. That’s the same thing I keep hearing. Seems very odd that nobody else will commit, but Granger can.
Here's a clip from what my dealer said.
Sanderson has long had a policy of not doing additional dealer markup (ADM’s) and we are not going to start. This has been the case on all our specialty vehicles GT, GT 350/500 and Raptors, because of this we are already referenced in many Blogs and forums.

I have personally been involved with switching 3 reservations because of the dealer where the reservation was placed told them they are applying ADM.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check this site for a group buy near you. Otherwise, Grainger is legendary.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There’s one dealer near me that offers invoice and X-Plan and I appreciate that they actually have any info on the price at all. The other six dealers are waiting until B&P or November to announce deals. One has near 200+ reservations and the salesman says that almost no one has asked about pricing. There’s a strong chance the majority of folks will order and take delivery wherever they are assigned because they didn’t do the research.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to be completely honest though and this might make me a dick.

1) If you’re here, you’ve already seen the deals offered by other dealers.
2) You’ve already seen the 5,980,567 threads exactly like this so stop being obtuse.
3) Nobody can make up your mind for you.
4) If you don’t like your dealer, switch.
5) Stop making new threads to ask people to help you make decisions.
6) Search and post in the appropriate threads.
7) Remember, dealers need you so you hold all the power.

K, thanks. Sorry for being a dick but this situation is not new or unique.
Sponsored