Sponsored

Anybody else having trouble getting dealers to talk about mark ups? I may switch to Granger.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have talked to three local dealers. One said “we don’t know if we’re gonna have added markups, but we probably will.” One said, “man we haven’t got that info yet, we won’t know for a while.” And the other said, “I don’t think we will, but I’m not sure.” At least one of these guys was a manager. It’s frustrating. I’ve checked the list of dealers in another thread that has confirmed whether or not they will charge markup and have x plan and all that good stuff, but nobody close to me is on the list. I refuse to pay an extra markup for no reason and at this point I’m considering switching to Granger based solely on principle. It’s annoying dealing with a bunch of people who don’t have their crap together and know nothing about one of the most anticipated vehicle launches in a hot minute. Is anybody else having this issue or is it just me?
I will be in Tennessee when the Bronco is delivered. Local dealer will do X plan. Considering Stephens up in WV as they have an identical deal to Granger. About 5-6 hours from Knoxville area. I was going to try and get local to match but it looks like I may not be back in Tennessee before the end of October. If nothing better close by pops up I will make the switch. Has the bonus of visiting family while in WV. Check out the Stephens Auto Center plan thread under reservations.
Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I am glad I did not reserve through them. The trouble is I think they're getting a lot of reservations. This Texas dealer is running ads on digital and billboards claiming to be THE Bronco dealer. So they will have hundreds of reservations by December. After I called I got contacted three times on the phone and recieved four emails from their people and there's an internal bonus for who can get the most committed customers.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have talked to three local dealers. One said “we don’t know if we’re gonna have added markups, but we probably will.” One said, “man we haven’t got that info yet, we won’t know for a while.” And the other said, “I don’t think we will, but I’m not sure.” At least one of these guys was a manager. It’s frustrating. I’ve checked the list of dealers in another thread that has confirmed whether or not they will charge markup and have x plan and all that good stuff, but nobody close to me is on the list. I refuse to pay an extra markup for no reason and at this point I’m considering switching to Granger based solely on principle. It’s annoying dealing with a bunch of people who don’t have their crap together and know nothing about one of the most anticipated vehicle launches in a hot minute. Is anybody else having this issue or is it just me?
I had the exact same issue. Based on information from others on this site, I changed my dealership to one that put IN WRITING that they would not charge more than MSRP; would not tack on ADM charges; and that they would honor any ford discount program (such as X-Plan) that I was eligible for. The dealership has been helpful and communicative. There are just too many honest, proactive decent dealers out there to have to settle for the crappy ones. Based on the answers you have gotten so far, the folks you are dealing with either don't know what they should or are not being honest and up front with you. You can change your assigned dealer one time before October 31st.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No contact with my dealership until I initiated. Got them to agree to no ADM but I don't trust them. Just put $100 down on a 2nd dealership that's at least responded to my e-mails in a timely manner. I don't mind if I have to wait longer to get the Bronco, I just don't like funny business. I'll walk if my first dealership tries to pull any at financing.

OP
OP
Joshua_D_44

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to be completely honest though and this might make me a dick.

1) If you’re here, you’ve already seen the deals offered by other dealers.
2) You’ve already seen the 5,980,567 threads exactly like this so stop being obtuse.
3) Nobody can make up your mind for you.
4) If you don’t like your dealer, switch.
5) Stop making new threads to ask people to help you make decisions.
6) Search and post in the appropriate threads.
7) Remember, dealers need you so you hold all the power.

K, thanks. Sorry for being a dick but this situation is not new or unique.
I mean, I doubt anyone forced you to read or reply to this thread. You’re grown and made the choice to go through it. That ain’t my fault.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, I doubt anyone forced you to read or reply to this thread. You’re grown and made the choice to go through it. That ain’t my fault.
I mean, I doubt anyone forced you to not read anything on this website or start this thread. You’re grown and made the choice to go through with it. That ain’t my fault.

Considering you’ve been here a month and know about Granger, you already knew the answer to your “question”.

OP
OP
Joshua_D_44

Joshua_D_44

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean, I doubt anyone forced you to not read anything on this website or start this thread. You’re grown and made the choice to go through with it. That ain’t my fault.

Considering you’ve been here a month and know about Granger, you already knew the answer to your “question”.
Ok, bud. I’m not here to argue with people. I didn’t ask anyone what granger’s deal was, so I don’t know if you really understood my question. I asked if anyone else’s dealer was being shady about talking about ADM. I haven’t seen anyone on any other threads ask that direct question and if they have, oh well. It’s not like I’m the only one guilty of creating a thread that has some minor redundancy. Life will go on and if it bothers you that bad, just don’t read it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forget pricing structure - I can't even get them to talk about colors.

WendyDisaster

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sicon xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the exact same issue. Based on information from others on this site, I changed my dealership to one that put IN WRITING that they would not charge more than MSRP; would not tack on ADM charges; and that they would honor any ford discount program (such as X-Plan) that I was eligible for. The dealership has been helpful and communicative. There are just too many honest, proactive decent dealers out there to have to settle for the crappy ones. Based on the answers you have gotten so far, the folks you are dealing with either don't know what they should or are not being honest and up front with you. You can change your assigned dealer one time before October 31st.
Can you please share your dealership info? I live in Los Angeles too.

Weister

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got an email from my salesman at Ruxer Ford in Jasper Indiana. He told me that they will be selling Bronco’s at invoice and do better than I could have done with x-plan!! He also told me that my target to sit down and order my Bronco is late November. I have dealt with Ruxer in the past, and they have always been a very reputable dealer!

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego. The point of contact is Eric Bunch. Subsequent to Ford announcing they would not allow customers to use the X-PLan discount program, KM Ford stated on this site that they will allow it to be used anyway. Great dealership!

WendyDisaster

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sicon xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego. The point of contact is Eric Bunch. Subsequent to Ford announcing they would not allow customers to use the X-PLan discount program, KM Ford stated on this site that they will allow it to be used anyway. Great dealership!
Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely check them out. I appreciate the recommendation ???

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe the new deadline to switch dealers is January 31, 2021. And KM Ford stated they would honor the X-Plan pricing even if you are a new reservation holder with them, not just the existing ones and that includes the First Edition model too.
Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely check them out. I appreciate the recommendation ???
One last thing. Eric is good about periodically sending out information about the bronco and sales process if he has something to pass on. And he recently sent a message to his bronco customers that ford planned to have a December 1st showing of some two and four door broncos at the dealership. Hopefully that will take place , I have never seen a new bronco in person. I live in Ventura County but I will absolutely go that if it happens.

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed with Airport Marina Ford and they told me they would not be marking up MSRP. I did not however as about any discount pricing as I am not eligible.
Sponsored