Sponsored

Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers?

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It happens to everyone that switches dealerships. Talk to your new dealership and see is they want the $100. My new dealer does not need the money. :cool:
I already gave the new dealership the money, as I stated. I'm just questioning why it's not reflecting on my online reservation page - that's all.

I get it. Upon initial reservation, I paid Ford $100 and picked my dealership. Ford then credited that $100 to the dealer.

Then I called Ford and told them I wanted to switch dealers. I got a credit from the 1st dealer and Ford changed my reservation page to show the new dealer name and noted my new reservation amount as $0. I then paid the new dealership $100 directly.

That's where the "break" in the online transaction appears. In my mind, according to the new dealer and me, the money transaction was made and we're all good - but according to Ford, it looks like I was refunded my deposit and never applied it again. Just hoping my reservation still counts, that's all. I'm sure it will, but just wanted to be sure.
Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a receipt from Stephen's. I just figured that by giving them the money, that they somehow notify Ford that I paid them. I guess that may not be the case. Just don't want Ford seeing that there's no deposit listed on their end and then they don't contact me to place an order or something.
Not related to whether or not Ford shows you paid a deposit but.....
Regarding your payment to @StephensAutoCenter ....
You might want to check with @StephensAutoCenter .... I have a receipt from them for my transferred Reservation Deposit, however the accounting person at @StephensAutoCenter says her records dont show me as having paid my deposit.... there is a screw up on their end and so far I have not received any notification regarding it being straightened out.
I have requested to be notified when it is straightened out and Im hoping it will be resolved soon...it is a bit concerning at this time.

Edit 12/17 - My deposit snafu is now cleared up
Ford Bronco Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers? C9C6D5FB-0373-4246-AC66-A5C48F52FCA8

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not related to whether or not Ford shows you paid a deposit but.....
Regarding your payment to @StephensAutoCenter ....
You might want to check with @StephensAutoCenter .... I have a receipt from them for my transferred Reservation Deposit, however the accounting person at @StephensAutoCenter says her records dont show me as having paid my deposit.... there is a screw up on their end and so far I have not received any notification regarding it being straightened out.
I have requested to be notified when it is straightened out and Im hoping it will be resolved soon...it is a bit concerning at this time.

Ford Bronco Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers? C9C6D5FB-0373-4246-AC66-A5C48F52FCA8
Your receipt looks a little different than mine
I haven't contacted them since the transaction though.
I'm not trying to start a fire here.... just wanted to see whether that little bit of paranoia in me was warranted or not. Now my level is raised slightly by this :oops:

Ford Bronco Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers? 1608136116852

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your receipt looks a little different than mine
I haven't contacted them since the transaction though.
I'm not trying to start a fire here.... just wanted to see whether that little bit of paranoia in me was warranted or not. Now my level is raised slightly by this :oops:

Ford Bronco Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers? 1608136116852
This is what my receipt from Tina, Stephens Ford, also looks like. My Ford account also shows $0 for deposit. Not worried I know Stephens has me on thier list and I will be able to have my Bronco entered into the order bank.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happens to everyone that switches dealerships. Talk to your new dealership and see is they want the $100. My new dealer does not need the money. :cool:
I had the same experience! My new dealer said they have no need for a $100 deposit from me. I assume this is because, they figure, if I'm going through the steps to change dealers, then I'm probably locked in on converting to an order. Taking a deposit from me, would just require more paperwork on their end to "refund" the deposit to me when I submit my order. As soon as they call to set up and "appointment" in Mid-January, I will be there, as fast as my crappy little daily commuter will take me!!

Sponsored

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you have a receipt from us, that's all that matters. Forget the reservation payment you see on your Ford login. If you transferred an existing reservation from another dealer to us, Ford zeroes out your reservation amount and tells the other dealer to send you a refund. When we take the payment, we have no way through Ford of updating that info on their end, so it remains zeroed out.

/john

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a receipt from us, that's all that matters. Forget the reservation payment you see on your Ford login. If you transferred an existing reservation from another dealer to us, Ford zeroes out your reservation amount and tells the other dealer to send you a refund. When we take the payment, we have no way through Ford of updating that info on their end, so it remains zeroed out.

/john
Yeah I can confirm that as well

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's exactly the way it's supposed to show. Ford refunds the deposit, but holds the reservation.

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to Stephen's about a month ago and called them to pay them the $100 because Ford refunds you the money when you switch.
Is it normal for your Ford account to show $0 paid on your reservation after everything is said and done?
Hoping this doesn't affect my actual reservation.

This happened to me too. My new dealer did not charge me an additional deposit with my switch or at order date.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched to Stephen's about a month ago and called them to pay them the $100 because Ford refunds you the money when you switch.
Is it normal for your Ford account to show $0 paid on your reservation after everything is said and done?
Hoping this doesn't affect my actual reservation.

1608127473509.png
This should be an automatic process.

1. move your reservation
2. reservation deposit shows $0
3. a ~week later you should have a refund from the initial dealership that ford had sent the $100 to
4.. if it doesnt happen after 3weeks call the initial dealer

but this all worked for me w/o intervention

edit:

This basically puts you in a situation where you still have your reservation, yet the original dealership refunds your $100... Thus your reservation is now $0, but it's still held for you.... fun little loophole to get your $100 back
Sponsored

Last edited: