Sponsored

Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers?

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched to Stephen's about a month ago and called them to pay them the $100 because Ford refunds you the money when you switch.
Is it normal for your Ford account to show $0 paid on your reservation after everything is said and done?
Hoping this doesn't affect my actual reservation.

Ford Bronco Anybody else show $0 on their reservation amount after switching dealers? 1608127473509
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford refunded your $100. their records show you have zero credit left. You contacted a third party, a dealer, and gave them (presumably) $100. Why would Ford have a record of your transaction with anyone but Ford? It seems perfectly correct to me. You have a receipt from Stephens for the deposit, no?

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford refunded your $100. their records show you have zero credit left. You contacted a third party, a dealer, and gave them (presumably) $100. Why would Ford have a record of your transaction with anyone but Ford? It seems perfectly correct to me. You have a receipt from Stephens for the deposit, no?
ford just deals with the initial deposit and sends it to the dealer because of money laundering laws they cant just move the money around so they refund it and the new dealer is responsible for dealing with it. Talk to your salesman to double check

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seems odd Ford would refund your deposit for switching dealerships. I'm not sure of the logic behind that decision.

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a receipt from Stephen's. I just figured that by giving them the money, that they somehow notify Ford that I paid them. I guess that may not be the case. Just don't want Ford seeing that there's no deposit listed on their end and then they don't contact me to place an order or something.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I switch Ford refunded my $100 so it now shows zero like yours.

I did not pay the new dealer a deposit of any kind yet as they have not asked for one.

Ford still shows my reservation with the original date and the new dealer.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is normal.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I switch Ford refunded my $100 so it now shows zero like yours.

I did not pay the new dealer a deposit of any kind yet as they have not asked for one.

Ford still shows my reservation with the original date and the new dealer.
Same exact thing happened to me.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems odd Ford would refund your deposit for switching dealerships. I'm not sure of the logic behind that decision.
money laundering laws require it. You have to refund it and do a seperate transaction

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a receipt from Stephen's. I just figured that by giving them the money, that they somehow notify Ford that I paid them. I guess that may not be the case. Just don't want Ford seeing that there's no deposit listed on their end and then they don't contact me to place an order or something.
the deposit goes to the dealer and is handled by the dealer what they do with it is their perrogative, unless you cancel or miss the window you are ok until the dealer says you arent or needs something else

Sponsored

Broncosx2

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My deposit was refunded when I switched dealers. The lady at Ford I spoke with told me ahead of time when I called to switch.

OP
OP
Bullseye

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just find it strange that when we initially made our reservation (to Ford), that the money was sent to the dealership. Then, when I switched the reservation (through Ford), the original dealership issued me a credit and the new dealership (Stephen's in my case) asked for the $100 to go directly to them. Basically, why does Ford recognize the first transaction between me and the dealership - noting the name of the dealership and the deposit amount on my reservation page but after switching, Ford only recognizes the new dealership name and not the money transaction? IDK, call me picky - it's just that with all the rug pulling Ford has done lately with this launch, I wouldn't put it past anyone for that $0 amount on my reservation page to somehow cause an issue in the next month. Maybe the "Rock Stars" have it all figured out, but I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happens to everyone that switches dealerships. Talk to your new dealership and see is they want the $100. My new dealer does not need the money. :cool:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re fine. Doesn’t matter as long as you paid Stephens. Ford didn’t build out the IT capabilities to refund your initial 100 from Dealer 1, and recharge you another 100 on behalf of dealer 2
Sponsored