Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Standard feature on any Jeep! :)
They do drive differently I'll give you that. A solid front axle, and pitman arm set-up is like no other. But, I grew up driving old Ford trucks with the I-beam suspension. Talk about play in the steering. :)
Sponsored

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not following the logic here. Why does 2021 matter so much? What does 2021 have to do with the nostalgia of the vehicle? What if Ford had labelled them all 2022s from the beginning, rather than trying to sneak in a half of a model year?
in my case, I’ve held of selling my 13 year old car for three years now. I was going to wait and see what the gladiator looked like. Then they started talking about the bronco and I said I’ll wait. Then reveal was postponed because of Covid. When they did reveal I said that is what I want. I was excited and reserved the first night hoping for a late spring early summer 2021 delivery. Now it looks like it may be another year it’s going to get delayed. I just don’t know how much more patience I have. Seeing dealer inventory on the lots before I got mine would just be salt on the wound.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the time its all over you will have to choose a bicycle built for 2 to get Ford to build the new Bronco Bike.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@DealerInsider, @ZackDanger

I reached out to my dealer rep Friday after the news dropped to inquire about my deposit if I decide to bail on this debacle. Here is his response:

"I can talk to my GM and see if he will refund your deposit but it probably wouldn’t happen until the Bronco that you ordered comes in and we sell it. Ford holds us to 97% customer retail order match. This means that I can’t pay a friend or reserve a Bronco under my name and sell it to someone else. If I could, I would have reserved 30 of them and sold each and every one of them."

I want to call BS on his 97% statement. I recall seeing a thread (likely more than 1) a while back that discussed dealer allocation, penalties for name mismatch on reservations, etc. but after searching all AM I haven't found what I'm looking for. There were Ford penalties but if I recall correctly you can park an aircraft carrier in the enforcement gaps. Something like needs to be 80% match, if they exceed 20% mismatch 3 times then an actual penalty that affects future allocation, etc. I would love to have the actual Ford language to throw back at him. And aren't we pretty sure that what he states CAN'T happen IS ACTUALLY happening at less ethical dealers - dealers having employees reserve Broncos that will actually to be sold on lot with ADM?

I'm not saying I'm cancelling my order and I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with my dealer (as I can't see how that helps me) but I would like them to know that I know the truth on how this works and take whatever petty satisfaction that gives me. At least it may incline them to give me my deposit back immediately if I choose to go that route. I'm sure any available Bronco on a dealer lot would be scooped up immediately (at a large markup) so not concerned with it sitting there for a long time but I'd be out my deposit until possibly next summer when it arrives. Again no one is telling us when we'll get it. They won't even tell me where I am in their allocation.

[Edit] Found it...
Ford Bronco Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022? 1622468596272

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
I have two choices, wait till 2022 for my two door basequatch or change to four door convertible. There is a third option that I may take, wait for the four door bronco pickup. I'm sure it will tow more than the 7,100 lbs that the gladiator tows with the S package. The 2.7 ecoboost out powers the jeep V6 and has IFS.
Sponsored