Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Detroit Free Press has reported on the delay. Interestingly, they quoted Ford as saying "Ford has said the overwhelming demand will, in fact, push some orders into next year."

So you see, it's all our fault for the delays and not terrible planning on their part. If only we hadn't been so interested, it would be here already! 😜

I'm curious what / how many they mean when they say "some orders" will be pushed to next year.
I'm just here to say that my husband likes your treeing walker.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. And I've been riding a pedal bike and my wife's car since August. Actually, I deferred my 7/14 for a my22. Mansquatch love

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I contracted for a 20 Dec 2021 delivery and now I am getting jerked around and being told "maybe" Feb 2022. I immediately had converted my reservation to an order, but am getting the shaft because I let them pick the delivery date on order to avoid this problem.

j3blaha

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I sold my previous car, during the pandemic, because I was hoping to have the '21 Bronco this summer. Due to the continued delays, I decided to purchase a pre-owned Jeep. While I have not formally cancelled my Bronco order, I did inquire about the process with my local dealer. They informed me that my $100 reservation fee would be refunded but my $500 deposit was nonrefundable. BTW, I did sign an order acknowledgement form that stated the refund was nonrefundable.

Since my original order was for a MY21 Bronco, should the signed order acknowledgement apply should the final product be a MY22 model? With the strong used car market, I could always trade-in the Jeep once the Bronco arrives but I am content with what I have.

Thank you,

Jason

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is overpriced. I want a 2 door sport. Something cheap just to get me by for a year or so until I get a bronco.
Something 37-40k
Don’t waste money on jeep they ride like shit and are not built well. I would never own anything from the stellantis group which used to be fca. All there vehicles Dodge Ram jeep Chrysler tons of issues they make junk

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my previous car, during the pandemic, because I was hoping to have the '21 Bronco this summer. Due to the continued delays, I decided to purchase a pre-owned Jeep. While I have not formally cancelled my Bronco order, I did inquire about the process with my local dealer. They informed me that my $100 reservation fee would be refunded but my $500 deposit was nonrefundable. BTW, I did sign an order acknowledgement form that stated the refund was nonrefundable.

Since my original order was for a MY21 Bronco, should the signed order acknowledgement apply should the final product be a MY22 model? With the strong used car market, I could always trade-in the Jeep once the Bronco arrives but I am content with what I have.

Thank you,

Jason
I would check with the BBB and see if there's any recourse to get your deposit back if you decide to cancel. Look over the agreement and see if there's anything in the fine print to give you an out. I personally would stay the course too see what happens. Also just because you haven't received a production email doesn't mean you won't. Stay positive!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would check with the BBB and see if there's any recourse to get your deposit back if you decide to cancel. Look over the agreement and see if there's anything in the fine print to give you an out. I personally would stay the course too see what happens. Also just because you haven't received a production email doesn't mean you won't. Stay positive!

The BBB is a scam, they are there to protect businesses, not consumers, the BBB acts like a protection racket.

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, just left jeep dealer and had 3 willy's gladiators. may go ahead a do this for this summer.

Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just order and forget. Get it when we get it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cancelling tomorrow. Ordered a Rubicon Friday. Should be here mid-July.
@AcesandEights, Congratulation Ace. I know you will enjoy that Rubi. I will say it's going to be hard for me to let my Wrangler go. It's one reason I'm not all twisted up in knots because of the delays with the Bronco.

BTW, when you get it home air down the tires to around 35 psi. When I picked my Wrangler up it had 46 in every tire. Drove like shit on the way home. :)

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t waste money on jeep they ride like shit and are not built well. I would never own anything from the stellantis group which used to be fca. All there vehicles Dodge Ram jeep Chrysler tons of issues they make junk
I used to handle extended warranty claims for all makes. Based on my experience, with vehicles past the manufacturer warranty, this isn't true.

I owned a TJ and an XJ and both drive nicely. The XJ handled better, but it was due to the wheelbase, not the steering/suspension set up.
Sponsored