Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I commented earlier, but I'd like to reinforce, I bought a Ford Ranger in 2020 just to hold me over until I could get my Bronco. If I had to do it over again, say I needed a vehicle, I'd either see if a lease would work for me or I'd buy another ranger, this thing can't seem to depreciate no matter how hard it tries (thanks covid!) and I'll sell it off when my truck is ready to go!

I knew what I was getting into. I have preordered at TON of stuff, and while not on the level of a car, I know that there can be setbacks and a year or two wait isn't unheard of. I came prepared accordingly.
If the feds increase interest rates? Used car value drops. Fact. I’ve heard some stating they’re basically making money on their vehicles after recently purchased selling or trading in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also curious if I do get pushed to 2022, whether I’ll be able to change dealers.

Looking into relocating to another state.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been in finance and banking for a long time. I understand how markets work. I also know that pickups in Texas hold value, and for each month that passes I pay off anywhere from 1-3% of my truck since my rate is so low. It's accounted for.

I don't get how that applies to me having planned for my Bronco purchase, and how I was prepared for a delay.
BecAuse you were pressing on about how your ranger hasn’t depreciated T all since bought.

anyway why is it that Stealership s insist on them doing tax title and license on the vehicle other than gouge you’re eyeballs on shitty fees when I can do it myself and save money? It’s weird because I bought my Camaro through a dealer in newyork While at home in Louisiana. And went to dmv to pay taxes on it. But at the Stealership they tell me they have to do it that Icant Do it myself? It’s this true?

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can definitely custom order a Defender. Delivery is running 3ish months at the moment.
It’s basically the same process as ordering a Bronco. Just faster. And you don’t get that awesome a picture of your build that says “contact dealer” to look at when you log in.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancelling tomorrow. Ordered a Rubicon Friday. Should be here mid-July.

Sponsored

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just made a reservation and I am hoping for late 22. I got to see the Black Diamond at a dealer and I am pretty excited about it, but really want to drive one first. Hopefully I will get the chance sometime next year.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately for those of us who are in this for the long haul, cancellations, in my estimation, are not going to move us up! There is no way in hell a dealership is going to lose that build! That build will still happen, it's just going to be sold to someone else! This is where that 20% allowance will come into play!
After all of this I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford canceled the whole program with the dealer in regards to the 20% rule. It wouldn’t be like they haven’t moved the line before.🤨

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd love to see some official numbers on how many have cancelled. We had 190k. Who remains now?

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
In general, the slower the rollout a d production, the more people will peel off the order train. Some out of necessity, some out of loss of interest. As gas prices continue to rise and economic uncertainty increases some will seriously rethink their de ision.
Gas prices always spike in summer, thats a given. Long term who knows.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just made a reservation and I am hoping for late 22. I got to see the Black Diamond at a dealer and I am pretty excited about it, but really want to drive one first. Hopefully I will get the chance sometime next year.
Thats my order too, saw one at Serramonte Ford with the soft top, not realizing at the time that I had accidentally left out the MIC on my order. Oh well, I still love it and hopefully they will offer aftermarket wiring for the rear washer and wiper so I can buy a white top when they come out......in......20....years.... :devilish:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd love to see some official numbers on how many have cancelled. We had 190k. Who remains now?
🙋‍♂️🤙👊 I'm not going anywhere. With regards to any actual numbers, we'll never know. Ford will sell every Bronco they produce whether it is to a reservation holder or a buyer off the street.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
🙋‍♂️🤙👊 I'm not going anywhere. With regards to any actual numbers, we'll never know. Ford will sell every Bronco they produce whether it is to a reservation holder or a buyer off the street.
Ditto 👊🏾

Although circumstances have changed
I just sold my car. We are down to 1 car. So while before I was very OK with a MY22 and black modular top... I am jones'in for the Bronco more than ever. Even decided to change my top in an attempt to get it sooner.

My concern is that relegating myself to a MY22 for the shiny top means I have no clue if my Bronco will be built in January or November of 2022. The unknown is horrible tbh. So even if there's the tiny chance amidst all these cancelations and constraints that I can get a 2021 build date, I'll try. My philosophy is.. get the Bronco in my hands... then figure out the accessories/changes later. I'll be very happy with my Bronco regardless of the top it has

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot flat tow a Toyota Tacoma or 4 runner and I have never been excited about a Jeep and we are on schedule to leave the work force to begin traveling the U.S. in a Motorhome the first quarter of 2022. I’m all in even though it is frustrating.
Why I got a 21 Ranger FX4 Off Road to hold me over, it is 4200 lbs and flat towable.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes it (the wait) is frustrating but I am going to stay the course. I plan on retiring this fall and wanted to wait into year 22 to avoid a big tax hit. We were deemed essential employees and I have not missed the first day due to covid, neither has my company missed any machine shipments. The bronco is beautiful and worth the wait!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't everyone with a reservation have to place a non-refundable deposit? Mine was $1k.
So, if you're willing to walk away, does that mean you walk away from your deposit (or buy another vehicle from the same dealer assuming they have a policy to transfer the deposit)???
I believe non-refundable deposits are fairy rare with the Bronco's, especially one that high. You might want to check your paperwork, if it is a deposit on a 2021 MY, you might have some ammunition to get a refund if they cannot provide a new 2021 vehicle. (ie you get pushed to 2022)
Sponsored