Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
I wasn't expecting a 21 model because of a late reservation. With that said, I have been having second thoughts. With all of these delays, who knows when we will get our Broncos. I sold my Jeep a couple months ago and have been driving my son's truck. I really miss driving with the top and doors off, but I can't Bring myself to buy another Jeep. I guess I will wait and see when my projected build date is and go from there.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any of these come in at under 35k with similar options as the base Bronco? It's a rhetorical question..
That is not relevant to a person spending over 50K on the Bronco.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree - I like how they look and they drive so nicely. I've been looking around at Defender forums and I'm starting to feel like they've worked out a lot of the early issues (mostly software-related), so I'm getting less concerned, at least for as long as it would be under factory warranty. I'm just waiting on a build date for the Bronco. If it's for sure '22 or really late '21, I'll order a Defender. In the meantime, I'm waiting for the 22 Defenders to drop (June) and if a properly configured one hits a dealership, then it was meant to be and I'll cancel the Bronco.
I'm in the same boat I think at this point. The issue is that I like to keep vehicles much longer than the factory warranty runs and I wouldn't feel comfortable with a land rover off warranty since things like the air suspension has 100% failure rate. So now I'm having to buy an extended warranty. I'm not Doug DeMuro, if I'm forced to buy an extended warranty then I'm forced to wonder why I'm buying the vehicle in the first place. That said, if I don't get a build date that will result in getting my Bronco before Christmas I'm likely going to jump ship. I have an epic road trip scheduled for next spring and I'm not willing to postpone yet another year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDUBW89

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
Yes, I already did. 4 door Wildtrak with the bigger engine. I had no chance this year. Might as well be able to actually see and touch one before buying since it’s next year.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasn't expecting a 21 model because of a late reservation. With that said, I have been having second thoughts. With all of these delays, who knows when we will get our Broncos. I sold my Jeep a couple months ago and have been driving my son's truck. I really miss driving with the top and doors off, but I can't Bring myself to buy another Jeep. I guess I will wait and see when my projected build date is and go from there.
yea all the delays do is let us see how the early ones hold up.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also the later this goes on means we can see how the early ones hold out. I am fairly sure if any major problems pop up I will just move to a 200 series land cruiser/LX570 or GX460 or an imported Jimny and a Cayman.

Im fairly certain mine will be a late 22 or early 23 at this point. Since the chip shortage is supposed to last till mid next year.

OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious how Ford and dealers will handle refunding down payments for MY 2021s that are marked 2022 builds and cancelled.

Sponsored

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I already bought a Ranger FX4 and I love it. I’m still interested in the Bronco and with the sky high trade ins I won’t lose much if anything on the ranger if I want out. I am moving my reservation to 2022 and waiting to see how it is received. Chances are by the time my build date comes around I will have a chance to drive one and see how I feel about it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've slowly started exploring alternative vehicles. I really want the Bronco, but at the present moment we only have 1 car and as my office returns to work in the coming months it will be a huge strain to wait another 6+ months for a Bronco. Don't really want to buy a temp beater.

With that said, if not a Bronco what would you get? This question has stumped me for weeks as I'm really not excited about most cars on the road.
I think for me, it's either the Bronco or the Diesel Rubicon. I don't want eTorque and at least the Diesel will be my excuse for not getting a Bronco ;)

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, I know mine is a 22 now because I'm getting the black top.

But otherwise, if you know you're in '22 anyway, why would you cancel when you're going to get all the information you mentioned above between now and then whether you have an order in line or not.

Either way you're going to wait - why would you pull yourself out of line and get pushed back to the back of the line while and wind up waiting even longer to get one?

I don't see any downside to keeping your reservation/order. The dealer will be able to sell it if you wind up not going through with it.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please .....cancel your orders now
Sponsored