Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
anybody getting the factory winch?
who makes it
how long is cable / what size cable / does it come with remote switches, controls
is it worth the 2.5k extra for it

for your info I decide to add it to my build as I have always had winches on all my 4x4 vehicles since day one back in the '70's '/ 80's
I like it that it seems hidden and not sticking out in front as my old jeep and chevy truck did.
what say ye
Sponsored

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

who makes it
how long is cable / what size cable / does it come with remote switches, controls

for your info I decide to add it to my build as I have always had winches on all my 4x4 vehicles since day one back in the '70's '/ 80's
I like it that it seems hidden and not sticking out in front as my old jeep and chevy truck did.
what say ye
Potentially not many after many found out it blocks the front camera view in this iteration.
Warn makes it
It went back and forth on preproduction and details in B&P but we can definitely say it will be either steel or synthetic. Unknown on remote switches or controls, but it would be expected possible based on other Warn winches.
Is it worth it, largely not as it is on the high end of what they cost. Many are expecting, like myself, to wait to see what aftermarket offers for other mount locations and setups/pricing. Not to mention it may be restricted on availability for your vehicle build date.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

who makes it

what say ye
Ford Bronco Anybody getting the factory winch? Capture.GIF

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

who makes it

what say ye
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-performance-winch-connecting-the-dots.11091/

Info on the make/model and stuff there.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Over priced but you dont have to put it on. And like every winch it blocks something. This time a camera. Also its a warn so unless you buy it second hand. Its twice the price of the competiton. Still it is known for reliability and will probably outlast your vehicle warranty.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

who makes it

what say ye
Are you talking about the Bronco?
Because your description is the exact opposite of the implementation on the Bronco.
It is no where near hidden, and sticks out front

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO It's worth it. The winch would cost you 1500usd or so, if you bought it out right. A decent mount like the one pictured would run around 600 or so. So 2100. The extra 400 chock up to having it installed and wired with everything intended for the vehicle it's going on.

ETA: However, I would wait for an aftermarket solution if you have a build with the 360 cam.

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I literally installed a winch on my 99 wrangler in high school.. by myself. I’m not a mechanic and had no knowledge of wiring.
Install won’t be hard and won’t cost anything. Buy a winch after market and save an enormous amount of money

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
who makes it

what say ye
1/2 price DIY

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would wait for, or build a hidden mount like the one on the 4600 Bronco. I had one similar on a Bronco II and Ranger pick up...very nice.
Ford Bronco Anybody getting the factory winch? FB_IMG_1615421227124

OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you talking about the Bronco?
Because your description is the exact opposite of the implementation on the Bronco.
It is no where near hidden, and sticks out front
yes you are correct , its a BroncoG6 . I looked at other pics and yes it is not hidden .
I can leave it out of build being that it is a dealer install when the Bronco gets here I will decide for sure.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rock Crawling that area gets hit all the time.
It may be good for everything else, but that's one location Id never want a winch because if you get stuck on a rock there, how do you winch out?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rock Crawling that area gets hit all the time.
It may be good for everything else, but that's one location Id never want a winch because if you get stuck on a rock there, how do you winch out?
yes, nicely hidden winch, but good luck getting at that rope on rocks or - worse - in mud.
Sponsored