Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you know if it's possible to keep the wheels? And just change out the tires? I have the upgraded wheel package on the Badlands. I don't know a TON about trucks and leveling kits, but my hope was with a level kit, removing the crashbars, and such - I could keep the stock wheels, which I like, and just change out the 33s for 35s.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.20.25 AM.png
Ya gotta do research. Discounttire does a great job of giving you the specs for the tires. Make sure you know the depth of the wheels because that let's you know what tires work with it

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't offset an issue if going to 35s from the stock KO2 33's? Just as likely causing rubbing as the crash bars?
I was under the impression that you needed to change from the stock +55mm offset wheels to +30mm offset (or less) wheels like the Sasquatch package as well as removing the crash bars to clear 35” tires. For any rubbing on articulation I think adjusting the bumpstop to limit uptravel would work, or one could do a slight lift. Apparently you need to be careful of the CV angles when lifting a Badlands since they have more wheel travel than any other trims.

I really was satisfied with the stock BL wheels and 285/70 tires, but the more I see these threads the more I want to change wheels and tires.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah you also didn’t level it. You installed half a lift kit. It is now less level than it was stock. And that’s fine as long as you adjusted your headlights properly. Actually everyone should re adjust since Ford doesn’t seem to adjust them properly either. Just pointing it out because no one makes an actual leveling kit. They only sell half lift kits mislabeled as leveling kits.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does removing the crash bars negate any insurance coverage or cause issues in the event of a claim?

I would assume the Ins company would use removing the crash bars as a reason to deny a portion of the claim, but I might not be right.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does removing the crash bars negate any insurance coverage or cause issues in the event of a claim?

I would assume the Ins company would use removing the crash bars as a reason to deny a portion of the claim, but I might not be right.
No. It’s just an extension to the crash bar. It still has it one but you just remove the extenders

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not realize this was going to be an issue. I just took delivery of my Bronco this weekend and took it to @Discount Tire this morning to have 35" Ridge Grapplers put on. The dealer put on a 2" Rough Country lift. I asked Discount Tire to remove the crash bars thinking it would be no big deal. Well it his no problem if you have the modular front bumper because the end cap slides right off and you can slide out the crash bar. With the standard bumper there is nowhere for the front crash bar to slide out once the bolt is removed. Hopefully they will still put the tires on and I'll take Black Betty (that's her name) to a body shop to get the crash bars removed. Just an FYI for those with a similar setup.

OP
OP

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not realize this was going to be an issue. I just took delivery of my Bronco this weekend and took it to @Discount Tire this morning to have 35" Ridge Grapplers put on. The dealer put on a 2" Rough Country lift. I asked Discount Tire to remove the crash bars thinking it would be no big deal. Well it his no problem if you have the modular front bumper because the end cap slides right off and you can slide out the crash bar. With the standard bumper there is nowhere for the front crash bar to slide out once the bolt is removed. Hopefully they will still put the tires on and I'll take Black Betty (that's her name) to a body shop to get the crash bars removed. Just an FYI for those with a similar setup.
It’s it a hassle with your bumper but if you look on YouTube they give you a step by step instruction on taking it off. It’s not as bad as you think

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That looks great. Wondering what I want to do with my 2-door BL. I elected NOT to get Sasquatch, because I felt it was overkill, but now I am thinking I want at least 35s on there. just wanted to see if I needed to level / lift it.
I want to know if anyone has put +35 wheels on a stock badlands two door with 35’s, removed the crash bars, and flexed it out? Was there any rubbing?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
One concern is over extension based on what I’ve read elsewhere. The Sasquatch suspension limits how far the tire drops of off the ground. One option might be a limiting strap. Has anyone dealt with that?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to know if anyone has put +35 wheels on a stock badlands two door with 35’s, removed the crash bars, and flexed it out? Was there any rubbing?
I’m running +35mm methods with 285/75R17 (33.9” tall 11” wide) crash bars still installed and nothing rubs. I think 315/70R17 (most are 34.5” tall) on +35mm would fit ok just removing the crash bars.

Here is mine, no lift with 285/75R17.

Ford Bronco Anybody have rubbing? Leveled my Badlands with 35's 723C1354-721E-441B-A05B-E63993E15121
Sponsored