Sponsored

anybody install the cargo area security drawer for the rear yet?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't find a review of it, on the photos it looks a bit flimsy to me, and the lock is somehow attached to the handle? Looks like an easy remove with a simple crowbar. But I will need something relatively low but secure like this, plan to have a sleeping platform over part of it, fridge/cooler and other gear next to it. Mainly I need to be able to somewhat secure camera gear, drone, things like that, as I can't carry all of that on a hike. Seems like this drawer is deep enough to add some padding to protect my lenses.

If you've bought it (and installed it?), what's your impression so far? Does it seem relatively safe? I think I'll wait a bit on aftermarket to catch up. Just seems like I could fit my gear in there and it would help with flattening out the rear with the seats folded down. I think I'd still need to build a flat extension over the folded down seat to make a sleeping area, but that's easy. Not looking for Fort Knox security, everything is insured, but like to avoid dealing with that mess and just send some random crook off to look elsewhere instead.

Any first impressions? Maybe you've at least seen it somewhere?

Thanks!
Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it's built very well and I don't really see someone easily getting into it or wasting the time to crowbar it open.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome, thanks! I guess I know what I'll do with some of my Ford Pass Points!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The door that opens is directly behind your tailgate, so they would have had to defeat the locking mechanism to open the tailgate door before going after the security box with a pry bar. Seems fairly secure to me.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty set on getting one. I'm a little worried its gonna rattle, but I think that may simply be a matter of keeping some stuff inside it. The cargo enclosures are nice, but definitely hamper putting the seats down and loading a larger object.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty set on getting one. I'm a little worried its gonna rattle, but I think that may simply be a matter of keeping some stuff inside it. The cargo enclosures are nice, but definitely hamper putting the seats down and loading a larger object.
the big cargo boxes are nice, but I want to be able to sleep in there on longer road trips or when just waiting for sunset/sunrise/stars or just take a nap during a long drive. Can't do that with that tall box. I also won't have anything big and valuable, just some camera gear, laptop. All insured and backed up to the cloud, just don't like dealing with insurance claims and all that, so make it a bit harder on crooks. Not that I expect many crooks out in the middle of nowhere, but you never know...
Also on normal days I hope my dog can still get up there (or I'll get a ramp) and sit in the back, as he's not ever gonna be on the seats. One of the many reasons I'm getting something like this and not an other 4 door truck.

Riverafter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2007 Honda Civic,
Your Bronco Model
Base
awesome, thanks! I guess I know what I'll do with some of my Ford Pass Points!
Ford Bronco anybody install the cargo area security drawer for the rear yet? D51A3E01-9C47-4066-BA59-EEF2E8FD1B04

I just had to pull it out. I have a base and needed to work the trailer hitch wiring harness in. It was just in the way for that. I guess you could say I’ve installed two now. As for the box, I love it. You can’t break into it when the tailgate is locked, and anybody who says they could do it with a crowbar is right if they had the sufficient amount of time and I was out of ammo.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can't protect against someone with tools and time and determination, not the point. I bet this thing would be as easy as a can of fish if you work with a battery powered angle grinder with a cutting disk. Just cut the top off and don't bother with the lock.
I'd never leave a gun or similar in this, but stuff like camera gear or a drone, all insured anyway? No problem. Hard to kill somebody with that stuff. Make it hard and unattractive enough for some crook so they move on to the next car. Or not even notice it's there (I'd probably add carpet to the top).

I won't order this until I get to see it in person and I'm sure there will be similar options from other vendors, I have some time before I need this.