Sponsored

anybody like the "solid" windows on the overland concept?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So that protects the side windows from breaking. And what protects the rear glass from breaking? Makes no sense to me. You will still need to be careful what you store back there due to the rear glass.
Exactly. There's no substitute for properly secured gear.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I talked to Ford about those today and they are taking my feedback to Ford. I basically asked at a minimum they should offer the panels as accessories for the modular top since the windows already come out.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would work well with spare tire delete, put the spare there standing behind the driver. Remember my buddies mom had her spare there on her 80s Bronco..

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think they developed these solid side panels to strengthen the hard top for the tent above. Aka necessary for the overland concept. By adding these they may have improved the load rating of the roof rails. Note that the mounting point for the rails is above this panel front and back..

Ford Bronco anybody like the "solid" windows on the overland concept? FEAE44D3-1620-4244-81B4-7714E0F6E7A9

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it and think it opens up alot of aftermarket possibilities.
Also how about camping in the back and replacing it with screen for ventilation lots of options.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it a lot. Ideally, I’d like four optional configurations;
  1. Window
  2. Blank Panel
  3. Lockable Storage Compartment like you see on fiberglass utility bed caps with the compartment extending inward.
  4. Mesh Insert (dog, fresh air)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base 2-dr here, plans to tint back 3 windows, flag decal on one side. I am considering making the driver side window (pretty useless as a window for the driver) a flip up door, access to an enclosed storage compartment, probably have to replace the glass with something stronger.

This hard-side top probably would make that an easier task.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they developed these solid side panels to strengthen the hard top for the tent above. Aka necessary for the overland concept. By adding these they may have improved the load rating of the roof rails. Note that the mounting point for the rails is above this panel front and back..

Ford Bronco anybody like the "solid" windows on the overland concept? 1602148442468
I'm guessing the weight restriction is because of the weak roof rails, especially the cross bars. I'm thinking the roll bars take most of the weight of a rtt, but thinking about it more maybe the side panels bear some of the weight too, looking at where that roof rack is mounted.

That roof rack can't support a rtt directly on it, probably the reason for the Yakima rack.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might as well paint it white and try to lure children in with candy
Ford Bronco anybody like the "solid" windows on the overland concept? 1602152401862

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that protects the side windows from breaking. And what protects the rear glass from breaking? Makes no sense to me. You will still need to be careful what you store back there due to the rear glass.
Hmm... well it takes the possibility of breaking 3 things down to 1, as far as packing goes. It opens up your options quite a bit. Every little bit helps. Cars don't come with 4 spare tires either, but 1 is sure helpful haha.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can see a drop in shallow tool box or shallow storage box, maybe for fishing or camping gear. Allows access from the outside and has the ability to be locked.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not as such. What I might like is an insert like a manual pick up rear slider with insect screen to get ventilation when desired (sleeping in back perhaps?) It would really be perfect with a small fan on one side to draw air through the vehicle. Low amps obviously, rechargeable, maybe charge it from the otherwise worthless 1.25A plug in the back while running the engine.

Plus it should make soft serve ice cream in strawberry flavor.
Sponsored