Sponsored

Anybody place a deposit yet? (other than me?)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its a want not a need. I am surprised that with all the posts/interest and build up here that more people are not on board.. Its a personal decision for me and my wife. Didn't expect the harsh responses, but I asked the question.
I feel'ya. I'm 100% in - as long as the interior aft of front seats is perfectly flat. Haven't given anyone a deposit check as yet...prolly just send Chrispy a Christmas ham & hope for the best :)
Sponsored

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
I'm familiar with this. A friend of mine went to order his 13 GT500 in kona blue, but the shipment of paint was destroyed or the factory making it was affected in some way. Regardless, Ford couldn't get Kona Blue, so they came out with Deep Impact Blue instead.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because he does not want to be "PT Cruiser'ed" Year One

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a good enough relationship with the dealer that if it is vaporware, I get my money back. We have done it before with the FJ... and I am planning on doing it with a C8 ZO6 as well. Yes we are paying a "premium" for being an early adopter and I am fine with that.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because he does not want to be "PT Cruiser'ed" Year One
How many dealers are still asking thousands over MSRP on Raptors- This is from September.. $20k over sticker. Best deal I have found on a Raptor is $1k under sticker. Are you insinuating that Bronco's will be sold at a discount at there release? I appreciate your honesty, but I truly believe (heck just look around here) that there is enormous demand for the Bronco that will demand MSRP at most dealers and few *A&#$@#@! that will try to get a premium
img_1442_1__09c55992f0ae337c1a3412c18875ad16ff561951.jpg

Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone paying MSRP for this is out of their minds, I have a friend that owns a Ford dealership, and he knows dam better to ask me to pay MSRP for any Ford. I bought my 2016 STI brand new in mid 2016 and it was paid off middle of last year but Subaru is one of the few brands I would buy new.

I will say this, and I am not trying to preach to anyone. I bought my brand new 2018 Ford F150 at the beginning of this year (2019 hold over), and it had a MSRP price of over 58 grand. I bought it in the mid 40s before the rebates came off. Anyone paying MSRP for this Bronco or any new Ford is out of their mind unless they are paying with cash, and then they are still out of their minds, no way, no how will you ever get your money back and you will lose any where from 10-20 grand maybe even as much as 40. I have seen used GT350s on Auto trader going for the mid to low 40s, even high 30s. The GT350 is a 80-90 grand car when new, that means within 3-4 years it has lost half of its value.Not to mention Raptors do the same thing.The dealership is not going to make your truck or suv payment for you, it is a capitalist economy and I have no problem with that. If anyone asked me to pay MSRP for any car/ truck/ suv I would laugh in their face go home fire up the interwebz and find me someone who will. Dealerships that sell in volume are willing to give you discounts and rebates. Those that wait for that one or two customers out of 10 to come along usually are not in business very long.

Do not let any car maker do this to you, shop around make a deal wait for clearance sales or rebates, don't be a sucker. A dealership are just waiting for people to get emotional about vehicles the latest and have to have it. Do not be that guy or gal.....

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its a want not a need.
And that's what it is for almost everyone, unless you were going to buy a "midsize" SUV anyway, and then
you better either be in LOVE broncos, are going to wheel it, or want the open air roof. It is going to be more money
than other size comparables.

I'd almost have to get rid of my 70 (this bronco would be vehicle #10 if not), since that is mostly a street rig, but I have
so much work in it done by me, it's hard to give up rigs you've spent years on. Being alum body, I would not be able to fix it
if I dinged it up, where as my 70, I did all the bodywork and have done enough painting that I will do that soon (and I could
do it again if I get damage from light wheeling). I've got an alum MIG and spool gun setup I've been making small alum parts.
Alum is really hard to weld, when it starts off too cold, and 2 inches later is melting through even a 3/16 thick piece
I have a decent TIG, but never really tried to use it much.

I also fear if the libs get back in power, they are going to try and make it ridiculous, $wise, to run anything but an electric.
(in which case I'm screwed, as everything else I have is IC). But at least then, I am not paying a high price for a new vehicle
and paying ridiculous fuel costs.

Do not let any car maker do this to you, shop around make a deal wait for clearance sales or rebates, don't be a sucker. A dealership are just waiting for people to get emotional about vehicles the latest and have to have it. Do not be that guy or gal.....
Tesla doesn't negotiate, does it?

I have a good enough relationship with the dealer that if it is vaporware, I get my money back. We have done it before with the FJ... and I am planning on doing it with a C8 ZO6 as well. Yes we are paying a "premium" for being an early adopter and I am fine with that.
I make pretty good money, but apparently, not "you're" kind of money, LOL!!