Sponsored

Anybody place a deposit yet? (other than me?)

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol, NOBODY is paying MSRP for a Jeep JL or Gladiator. On the JL you can get up to 8% BELOW invoice. The Gladiator is selling at 5% below invoice.
There are 3 kinds of fools. Fools, damn fools, and people who think the dealership is taking a bath and they're getting a great deal.
Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are 3 kinds of fools. Fools, damn fools, and people who think the dealership is taking a bath and they're getting a great deal.
Nobody said the dealer is "taking a bath". But there is no reason to pay MSRP when 10%-12% under MSRP is easily attainable. (Referring to a new JL.)

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nobody said the dealer is "taking a bath". But there is no reason to pay MSRP when 10%-12% under MSRP is easily attainable. (Referring to a new JL.)
You literally just said the following (emphasis mine):

Lol, NOBODY is paying MSRP for a Jeep JL or Gladiator. On the JL you can get up to 8% BELOW invoice. The Gladiator is selling at 5% below invoice.
So either you're saying the dealers will willingly take a loss, or you don't know what invoice means.

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You literally just said the following (emphasis mine):

So either you're saying the dealers will willingly take a loss, or you don't know what invoice means.
Good Lord man. The Jeep print out shows the invoice, employee price, and msrp.

Are you trying to equate invoice with what the actual costs are to the dealer after hold back and every other incentive? I never claimed that "invoice" was what the vehicle cost the dealership.

Both my statements regarding percentages off are accurate using the Jeep pricing.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good Lord man. The Jeep print out shows the invoice, employee price, and msrp.

Are you trying to equate invoice with what the actual costs are to the dealer after hold back and every other incentive? I never claimed that "invoice" was what the vehicle cost the dealership.

Both my statements regarding percentages off are accurate using the Jeep pricing.
Oh so invoice doesn't mean invoice it means "invoice" which means ... what again?

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh so invoice doesn't mean invoice it means "invoice" which means ... what again?
Lol, I'm just going to step away and let you bask in your ignorance.

The link I posted earlier explains everything but I'm sure you have no interest.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol, I'm just going to step away and let you bask in your ignorance.

The link I posted earlier explains everything but I'm sure you have no interest.
Yes I looked at the link it's a spreadsheet of magic numbers (honored by who exactly?) and 16 pages of people who say things like "Lol, NOBODY is paying MSRP for a Jeep JL or Gladiator. On the JL you can get up to 8% BELOW invoice. The Gladiator is selling at 5% below invoice. " which is a completely meaningless statement and really weird first post, might I add.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I looked at the link it's a spreadsheet of magic numbers (honored by who exactly?) and 16 pages of people who say things like "Lol, NOBODY is paying MSRP for a Jeep JL or Gladiator. On the JL you can get up to 8% BELOW invoice. The Gladiator is selling at 5% below invoice. " which is a completely meaningless statement and really weird first post, might I add.
They can call it any stupid thing they want, but it is common for JL's to be had for 5% below "invoice" in FCA speak. All it really tells you is that its a word game to hide the real numbers.

Inthefive555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
They can call it any stupid thing they want, but it is common for JL's to be had for 5% below "invoice" in FCA speak. All it really tells you is that its a word game to hide the real numbers.
TBH all dealers use this term in the same way, and unless you know someone who works in or near the distribution department, you will never know what the landed cost is to the dealer. Every dealer has a set margin that they absolutely will not go below and chances are likely you will never get near that margin in the first place. They know we are salivating for this model so I guarantee the dealer markups will be crazy. Here's hoping prices will be reasonable fairly after launch fever. I for one am excited for this release and hope it proves to be a good successor rig to my aging LC.

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there such a thing as getting on a “list” of some sort now? And if you are able to put down a deposit and the dealer wants to apply a market adjustment can you ask for your refund back?

Sponsored

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I moved to South Florida in 2013 I had a 2011 Raptor. Decided after a while I no longer needed it. When I sold it to a Ford Dealer, part of the deal was a 2015 Mustang, ANY WANY I WANTED IT, for Invoice plus $500. this was in late 2013. I flew home from a meeting late at night to be in front of my TV for the reveal on GMA in December of 2013. Got my Mustang on January 9th 2015. I still have it, and I love that car. Heres the thing about the Bronco. Its been on Hiatus for a long time. People want it, when they cancelled the last Bronco program, people still bought cars. The market has changed. I had a Jeep Wrangler, and it wasn't for me. Too small, too crowded, too narrow. The Bronco looks like its track is wider Than the Jeep, hopefully its more SUV like in its ride as well as interior comfort and dimensions. I'm going to drop a $100 refundable deposit for an order. Taking the Gladiator as an example. When they first landed, people paid up the ass for them. When I was shopping for an SUV in January, I looked at it. Its cool, its stylish, its rugged, and its still that narrow, tinny, vehicle. I decided to wait on an off-road toy and bought a 2020 Explorer ST. Traded in my 2018 Raptor for it. I love this ST, its fast, good looking and very comfortable. for only $100 I can get a 2021 Bronco, it will be for MSRP, not invoice. There will be no rebates at the beginning. You will pay about 2-5,000 more for this. by the fall they will have rebates and other incentives and dealers will have realized (Like the Jeep dealers did for the gladiator) that the factory will make more, every day they make more. There will be plenty of them. The prices will go down, dealers will give you invoice on them. At "Invoice" price they still make plenty of money. were not talking about saving $10,000. Were talking about 2-3k. Auto enthusiasts like me, and Ford nuts, like me don mind the $2000 extra to get your hands on it at launch. On the other hand, if they both the launch and the quality is poor (Like the A batch of Explorers) I can wait it out, get my $100 back and see what happens. This is not a limited production vehicle. In a scheme to make money, Ford will make as many as they can.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same dealer I sold my 2011 Raptor to, where I got my Mustang, I tried to buy a 2017 Raptor. They wanted 10k over, They told me if I could find it at abetter price to have the order delivered to them for $150 doc fee. so when I found a dealer (Ford of Murfresboro TN) they called the Florida dealer and declined, the owner said they wanted more to deliver the vehicle to me, because they anticipated me not being able to get it at MSRP. The selling dealer ate the $700 shipping because the local dealer were scumbags. Lost my business.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got Tired of waiting, bought a GMC Yesterday. Now I will wait 2 to 4 years and replace the next thing on the list. Hard to bleed blue in these times.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got Tired of waiting, bought a GMC Yesterday. Now I will wait 2 to 4 years and replace the next thing on the list. Hard to bleed blue in these times.
What GMC product could you even possibly cross shop with a bronco lol

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
What GMC product could you even possibly cross shop with a bronco lol
Gas 5.3L V8
Four Wheel Drive
Tahoe

nothing on the ford lot compared, bronco wont be commercially available till next year. was time to trade. and no turbo going out at 125-150K for $2800.

wife has never driven a v8 and she says OMG!!!

I am still waiting on the rollout and in 2 to 4 years I will take another look if the bronco is out by then. :)
some of the new leaks are looking good, but reveal was to late for me...
Sponsored