Sponsored

Anybody place a deposit yet? (other than me?)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╯╲___ don't mind me, I'm just taking a shitstorm for a walk
Sponsored

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
From Jalopnik with the bold emphasis added

We had several challenges during the race, including:

· Getting hit and becoming stuck after a trophy truck hit the Raptor in San Quetin Wash near race mile 190. That’s desert racing!

· This damaged a skid plate that also led to damaging the transmission cooling lines. We fixed the skid plate at Pit 2 but didn’t catch the transmission leak until after it started slipping. It made it to Pit 3. This took several hours to repair.

· Around race mile 480 we broke a fabricated lower control arm. This was replaced but took another 90 minutes or so.

· Ran into aftermarket cooling fan issues around race mile 580. By the time it was repaired at Pit 5 it was about 8:30 at night. The next portion was challenging and risky to get help on the course if something happened, and we’d likely wouldn’t finish until after the official time limit expired.

I think this confirms something.. but maybe I am too optimistic. This why the Baja truck was called the Bronco R race edition

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll put a deposit down once they unveil the info and I know it's legit

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, I think different people are in different positions to make these kinds of purchase decisions on a whim. I, for one, have been proclaiming that if Ford ever releases a new Bronco, that I would get one on day one - been saying that since the 2004 concept. I intend to stand by my word, and have called several dealers to leave a deposit - but none would take my money yet!

Anyone know a dealer out on the west coast?? I'm with the OP, here. I'd only cancel a deposit if there was an absolute dealbreaking reason to stop me.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll put a deposit on it late winter/Spring 2021...figure about a 3-4 month wait for my order after that.

Sponsored

Lobstar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R /// 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ITT people who have never bought a low production/iconic relaunch thinking they will get this vehicle below MSRP. Maybe in 4 years but ask Raptor purchasers about that. How many TRD Pros or Gladiators or Rubicons are selling below MSRP right now? And those (aside from the Gladiator which is just a trim level of a Wrangler Unlimited in my mind) are established brands that have been around in production for years. The Bronco has been gone for 20+. I especially like the guy who brags about getting an STI below cost. Try that on a limited production run or special edition vehicle. Look at the F150 Raptor and GT350/500 commanding $20-50k over MSRP. People forget the demand side of supply and demand.

Also, some of us don't mind paying MSRP for a thing they've been waiting years for that will most likely have dealer mark up right from day one. If You don't mind waiting 3 years and possibly missing the production window then wait for the deals. If you had the same mentality on the Focus RS you would have missed it in that window looking for MSRP ... and now it's gone from the US again.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... How many TRD Pros or Gladiators or Rubicons are selling below MSRP right now? ...
Lots of people can easily get a Rubicon for under MSRP. There's a lot of padding built into that number with FCA. Plenty of dealers you can look up on the JL forum start at -1% from the invoice (even lower than MSRP) and work down to -12% depending on the specifics, with -5% being fairly common.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ITT people who have never bought a low production/iconic relaunch thinking they will get this vehicle below MSRP. Maybe in 4 years but ask Raptor purchasers about that. How many TRD Pros or Gladiators or Rubicons are selling below MSRP right now? And those (aside from the Gladiator which is just a trim level of a Wrangler Unlimited in my mind) are established brands that have been around in production for years. The Bronco has been gone for 20+. I especially like the guy who brags about getting an STI below cost. Try that on a limited production run or special edition vehicle. Look at the F150 Raptor and GT350/500 commanding $20-50k over MSRP. People forget the demand side of supply and demand.

Also, some of us don't mind paying MSRP for a thing they've been waiting years for that will most likely have dealer mark up right from day one. If You don't mind waiting 3 years and possibly missing the production window then wait for the deals. If you had the same mentality on the Focus RS you would have missed it in that window looking for MSRP ... and now it's gone from the US again.
MSRP and less will be had from day one, anyone paying over MSRP doesn't have a clue or simply doesn't care. If/when a Raptor version shows up it will demand ADM fro. some dealer and some markets but will still be had for MSRP with little effort. Raptors go for 5k under all day and more if you shop around, 500s can also be had at MSRP with a little know how. same deal with gladiators..

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We already have a deposit at a dealership for a new Bronco. We have had a deposit down for more than year. No I am not kidding. We did the same thing with the FJ Cruiser. We have a first day delivery FJ Cruiser. It took me a long time to find a dealer that would take my deposit and I didn't want to agree to anything over MSRP. Just like the Raptors, I expect them to be in high demand for a few years. I don't care what it costs... I have some ideas of what I want. I have been lurking here since the forum started, but its not getting real with Bronco R "Race"

2.7L or 3.0 Twin turbo
10spd
Raptor version
Rear locker/front limited slip
4dr
285/70/17 tires (ala Rubicon)
Factory steel bumpers from ARB
Maybe a factory lift kit like the Ranger...

Yes I already am accumulating accessories likes winch/lights...

We have been waiting for YEARS for this thing... BRING IT ON.

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
You sound pretty pumped.. your in the right place!
I don’t think anybody actually has a deposit yet because it hasn’t even been revealed. I’m sure a deposit can’t hurt if you gotta have that spot in front of the line and have good experiences with doing that in the past..
I’m waiting to see it and study what options are available before I drop a deposit and really hope we can at least see some real mules soon. Would make a nice Christmas gift if Ford would throw us a bone and put some mules out there by then.
I guess you could call paying off my 2019 Limited F150 4x4 and let the dealer have my title as the down payment is OK! Artie

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lol, NOBODY is paying MSRP for a Jeep JL or Gladiator. On the JL you can get up to 8% BELOW invoice. The Gladiator is selling at 5% below invoice.

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond