First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm so worried about this. I want to be the first one in my city to have a Bronco but I'm really not willing to pay so much extra for one.

OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll wait till their lots lots are full of them before I buy …..resigned to about a 3 year wait …..my 08' F 150 only has 75K on it and is running great

…..except for the freekin' gas mileage :facepalm: .….doing the sparkplugs this week

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are going to be some people who really regret buying the first units off the line, because it will inevitably have some quality quirks they didn't know to look out for and they paid way over MSRP for it.

I expect the pent up demand for Broncos to be just as bad. Those manufacturing lines will be cranking them out as fast as possible but there will still be people willing to pay over MSRP, no matter what silly price they put on it, just to have one right away. Our society isn't really known for patience or prudence.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
…..except for the freekin' gas mileage :facepalm: .….doing the sparkplugs this week
If it has the 5.4 and never had the plugs changed I pity you

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
shame on the Jeep dealers ….. why I'm not holding my breath for the new Bronco

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/20/jeep-gladiator-dealer-markups-20000-over-sticker/
The only way to fix crap like this is to walk away. Come on people the car companies are going to build that vehicle for at least four years and more than likely six or more years. I understand wanting to be the first to have one but if they set unsold for a couple of months I think that would bring them back to earth. If you want to stop excessive ADM's DON'T BUY walk away.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same goes for car prices as high as a house. Stop buying them, tell the dealers why you're not going to buy one after checking them out. They'll start ordering more base models and stop putting some of that standard frivolous equipment in them.

Unfortunately some of it is legally mandated, if you want that to go away there are plenty of legislators you can write to.

OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are going to be some people who really regret buying the first units off the line, because it will inevitably have some quality quirks they didn't know to look out for and they paid way over MSRP for it.

I expect the pent up demand for Broncos to be just as bad. Those manufacturing lines will be cranking them out as fast as possible but there will still be people willing to pay over MSRP, no matter what silly price they put on it, just to have one right away. Our society isn't really known for patience or prudence.
:crackup:…..I HEAR YOU, but I lucked out. Under the ignition coils I have the brown sparkplug boots - that means 1 pc spark plugs .
Right around when mine was built, Fall of 2007, they switched over from a 2 pc plug to 1 pc.
Black boot BAD, brown boot GOOD.
Believe me I was really sweating it out. :whew:

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build a good relationship with a dealer. I have Ford connections through family and business. My company has a fleet account with Ford. When the Bronco is released I will be custom building one through them. If they try and mark it above fleet pricing my family will be taking our business (and all future business) elsewhere.

Off topic but can maybe help those of you who are worried... I was on the fence about the Wrangler JL for a while. I did my research and found the best pricing I could in the country (5% plus below Invoice) I then went to local dealers and asked if they would match. One said he would and I in turn posted about this to the JLwranglerforums. The dealer ended up getting multiple sales through me. Even though we didn't get a Jeep in the end the dealership hooked my family up with 3 separate Mazdas below 5% invoice. They said I can always come back for the same deal as well.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm fully expecting the Broncos will see a big dealer markup for the first several months. It's unfortunate but that seems par for the course with most highly anticipated vehicles lately. I'm expecting to wait at least a year for them to start being sold for MSRP, but generally I would want to wait that long to make sure there aren't any weird issues with a brand new vehicle anyways.

OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm fully expecting the Broncos will see a big dealer markup for the first several months. It's unfortunate but that seems par for the course with most highly anticipated vehicles lately. I'm expecting to wait at least a year for them to start being sold for MSRP, but generally I would want to wait that long to make sure there aren't any weird issues with a brand new vehicle anyways.
COULD NOT agree more ….. :fistbump:
Sponsored