Sponsored

Anyone able to program Garage Door opener on visor (LUX)?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like this may be a dumb question. Has anyone had success connecting the garage door opener buttons on the visor to their garage. For some reason I can't get mine to connect. I am starting to wonder if it because I have an older garage door opener. Any tips and tricks on doing this? I tried going by the instructions in the user manual, no luck. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hooked up my gate yesterday on my badlands and F250 KR. Took three tries on the bronco and one on the F250. The ford video is eh but works for the job. I believe for garage doors there might be a pairing button.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I feel like this may be a dumb question. Has anyone had success connecting the garage door opener buttons on the visor to their garage. For some reason I can't get mine to connect. I am starting to wonder if it because I have an older garage door opener. Any tips and tricks on doing this? I tried going by the instructions in the user manual, no luck. Thanks for the help.
How old is your opener? Should work for all made after 1995.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I hooked up my gate yesterday on my badlands and F250 KR. Took three tries on the bronco and one on the F250. The ford video is eh but works for the job. I believe for garage doors there might be a pairing button.
Yes, a little button on the back or front depending on the model. They can be finicky and it has to be done in a certain amount of time.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just did both my garage doors last night. My door openers are over 10 years old and I followed these instructions that worked:

First turn on your car and hold your remote up to the homelink buttons. Press and hold the transmitter button and the button on the homelink panel you’ll want to use to open your garage door. Keep holding the buttons until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a fast one. Next press and hold the button that you’ll use to control your garage door for five seconds and then release it. Your garage door should open but if it doesn’t repeat the five-second hold. If the indicator light is still on then you’ve successfully programmed your homelink system.

The first set of instructions I had found said to hold the garage door button and the center homelink button but that paired it to the center button.

To clear codes, press and hold the outer 2 buttons.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How old is your opener? Should work for all made after 1995.
i think its an early 2000's model. I hit the little button on the back but can't get the Bronco to Connect. Tried it a few times Maybe I'll have to try it again maybe I'm doing something wrong.

dmalaquias

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Cayenne S, Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe your Garage Door Opener needs to be compatible with HomeLink. Maybe check your owner's manual if you still have it or maybe can find it online.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe your Garage Door Opener needs to be compatible with HomeLink. Maybe check your owner's manual if you still have it or maybe can find it online.
thanks I'll check that out too.

dwayle

First Edition
First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was able to get it programmed but it took a while. If I recall, I first did the instructions under "
PROGRAMMING THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER TO YOUR HAND-HELD TRANSMITTER" in the owners manual. When that didn't work, I immediately followed the steps in the next section "
PROGRAMMING THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER TO YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPENER MOTOR". I'm convinced that what was causing my problem was that I was "Clearing the Garage Door Opener", in between the two methods. It appears that I needed to do both methods, not one or the other. I think this video may have helped me too, but it has been a few months. Universal Garage Door Opener with Homelink | Ford How-To | Ford

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a Liftmaster opener made before 2016? If so, you need a receiver that bridges the connection basically(see video link). I learned this trying to connect mine. I didn't end up needing the Homelink receiver because my opener was a 2016 version. However, it did take me many attempts to get the connection. Finally got it to work after working at it for an hour or so.

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have been using mine for a couple of months it works great

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a Liftmaster opener made before 2016? If so, you need a receiver that bridges the connection basically(see video link). I learned this trying to connect mine. I didn't end up needing the Homelink receiver because my opener was a 2016 version. However, it did take me many attempts to get the connection. Finally got it to work after working at it for an hour or so.

it is a lift master so I may need this also then. thanks.

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a tutorial Video

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only ever been able to get homelink systems to program properly by using a remote. I program the universal remote to my garage opener, and then use the remote to teach the homelink.
Sponsored