Sponsored

Anyone able to program Garage Door opener on visor (LUX)?

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I having trouble also , tried both directions from ford / watched all the videos still wont link
Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I couldn’t connect to the opener itself but did connect to the transmitter. Works great, just have to have the transmitter also in the vehicle somewhere.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While probably not relevant here, it's worth noting that putting standard LED bulbs in your garage door opener can create interference.

I noticed my door would always *open* fine (light is naturally off), but had a hell of a time *closing* (light is on because i just drove through it). It didn't affect my Mercury because that required a Car2U repeater.

OP
OP
Trueblue2296

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the input. I was able to get it working after i did it the correct way hahaha it took like 30 seconds.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did both my garage doors last night. My door openers are over 10 years old and I followed these instructions that worked:

First turn on your car and hold your remote up to the homelink buttons. Press and hold the transmitter button and the button on the homelink panel you’ll want to use to open your garage door. Keep holding the buttons until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a fast one. Next press and hold the button that you’ll use to control your garage door for five seconds and then release it. Your garage door should open but if it doesn’t repeat the five-second hold. If the indicator light is still on then you’ve successfully programmed your homelink system.

The first set of instructions I had found said to hold the garage door button and the center homelink button but that paired it to the center button.

To clear codes, press and hold the outer 2 buttons.
Very similar process for me, it took several iterations of pushing buttons on the control, visor, and opener itself. Its a mid 2000's Genie. My F150 worked right away, the Bronco took awhile.

Sponsored

Jba02

First Edition
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Very similar process for me, it took several iterations of pushing buttons on the control, visor, and opener itself. Its a mid 2000's Genie. My F150 worked right away, the Bronco took awhile.
I paired mine a couple of weeks ago and had been working fine, but I believe there may have been a software update because now it has quit working and wont pair. My Other cars homelink work fine even on same garage door.

74Bronc21

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve only ever been able to get homelink systems to program properly by using a remote. I program the universal remote to my garage opener, and then use the remote to teach the homelink.
This worked for me too. Couldn’t program my Chamberlain garage opener directly, had to use the remote.

Thanks for the tip! 🤙

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been beating my head against this with Genie opener- it turns out that my overhead unit requires that after you do the whole visor pairing - you have to press a button on the overhead unit to complete the pairing
Sponsored