Sponsored

Anyone actually bolt on beadlock rings yet?

Blackandnlue

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not seeing anybody post anything about these. Has anybody who's gotten an optioned Badlands or any of the Sasquatch converted their Factory beadlock "capable" Wheels to true beadlocks? I haven't seen on the accessory list the beadlock Rings. I'm curious whether or not it actually comes with the hardware, how much they cost, any of it.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not seeing anybody post anything about these. Has anybody who's gotten an optioned Badlands or any of the Sasquatch converted their Factory beadlock "capable" Wheels to true beadlocks? I haven't seen on the accessory list the beadlock Rings. I'm curious whether or not it actually comes with the hardware, how much they cost, any of it.
You mean has anyone unbolted the beauty rings and bolted on the beadlock rings? Are the beadlock rings even available from Ford yet?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

chances are against it. why would someone dismount their wheels to only need to rebalance them? bead locks are best for when you do not have the facilities to remount a tire.

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Conventional wisdom would tell you they would be the same as the Raptor beadlock rings, so that means they probably aren't. Finding the Raptor ones though at around $189/ea.

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am getting things lined up to make my own (CNC and metal) but alas no Bronco to move forward. I am in the you have a VIN, we'll update you in Oct group.

I am expecting to source my own hardware for them, as I am assuming Ford isn't going to toss a few extra handfuls of bolts to every Sasquatch/Badlands customer.

OP
OP

Blackandnlue

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Conventional wisdom would tell you they would be the same as the Raptor beadlock rings, so that means they probably aren't. Finding the Raptor ones though at around $189/ea.
The Bronco beadlock-capable wheels use the same beadlock ring as the 2017 & 2018 Raptor. The '19 & '20 one is different.

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never had beadlock wheels before and I don't understand why everything says for off-road only. It seems to me that they would be less prone to the bead being broken away from the rim. I need an education.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never had beadlock wheels before and I don't understand why everything says for off-road only. It seems to me that they would be less prone to the bead being broken away from the rim. I need an education.
In some states it's illegal to run beadlock wheels on the road. Why, I don't know. Don't know if it's a safety issue, or the fact that cops can't use spikes to blow your tires :)

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they are concerned about possible loosening of the fasteners and having a sudden deflation.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not necessarily beadlock wheels that are illegal in many states, it is usually multi-piece construction wheel that are illegal. Beadlock wheels just happen to fall into that category.

Somebody, somewhere along the way must have decided that multi-piece must also mean multi-points of failure. Not sure I agree but also not sure I trust the general public to properly check and maintain torque spec on all those bolts either.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You mean has anyone unbolted the beauty rings and bolted on the beadlock rings? Are the beadlock rings even available from Ford yet?
They are listed on the ford performance website part number
m-1021K-bl5
Sponsored