Sponsored

Anyone buy a non-practical model on purpose?

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I have a dilemma right now. I thankfully I have plenty of time to think about it because the Mansquatch isn't a thing yet.

I REALLY want a 2 door model. While I don't think the 4 looks bad, I just feel the 2 door looks better/closer to the original. Problem is we're a family of 5.

Now I discussed it with the wife and she said she doesn't think it would really be an issue because for hauling everyone we have her minivan. Plus the plan is for this to replace my daily commuter, which I can honestly say in the last 4 years I don't think my wife has rode in? Just me taking or picking the kids up from school then to and from work.

My father managed to make a 4 seat convertible his daily vehicle for years and years despite us being a family of 9, because my mom drove a Ford E350.

I know going by what 99.99% of my driving will be that I can do it, I just keep getting this feeling in the back of my mind of those occasions where we want to do an evening or weekend drive with the top off but I wouldn't be able to fit everyone.

Of course the other thing going for me is at this point by the time I can actually get one my daughter should be old enough and in the phase of wanting nothing to do with my wife and myself......
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pick your favorite kids and leave the others at home.

Sponsored

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want not need. A Subaru Outback could do 90% of what I need.
I Still don’t want one.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your wife rarely rides with you do it. If you want your bronco to be your fun minivan then you are stuck with the 4 door.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do I need 4(5D), yes, most likely.

I will go 2D because I like the look and can make it work. I also figure we have a bigger vehicle if we need to haul people and this is the fun machine. Assume the 2D is 3 adults or 2 adults 2 kids (maybe 3 for a short trip).

Practical is what you make of it. I'd guess 80% of the people getting SAS don't rock crawl but love the look. Go for it! Same with 2v4D. Get what makes you happy and you can live with.

I'd add they will easily hold value, and new build will go up in price. You can always trade in/sell a few years from now. Assume later models will have more options, tops, and EV.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just buying a Bronco is basically impractical for me. The hardest off roading I do can be done in my Ranger. But I want a Bronco, and Imma gonna get me one. Your dilemma is a tough one I'm sure. Get a 2 door, and be happy. Leave the kids to the mini van, and there's no ice cream spilled in the back seat of your new baby. If you want to take them camping find a campground where you can take the van. Life's too short to drive the wrong Bronco. Good luck on your decision.

Last edited:

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i have lived with 2 doors as our second car and my DD my whole life since having kids- challenger, camaros, now an audi 2 door- works fine for 99% of my usage- it's rare that i drive the whole family in my car. having said that, i'm tired of it and getting the 4 door!

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Single, with no family, and I always opt for the 4 doors. JKU for the extra trunk space was used on many occasions. 4 door trucks and cars have more uses than 2 door vehicles.

I will have to say the Challenger in my avatar, I was able to fit a 10 foot long 1 inch PVC pipe in it, with the trunk and windows closed. I couldn't do that in any other car or SUV that I've owned

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Single, with no family, and I always opt for the 4 doors. JKU for the extra trunk space was used on many occasions. 4 door trucks and cars have more uses than 2 door vehicles.

I will have to say the Challenger in my avatar, I was able to fit a 10 foot long 1 inch PVC pipe in it, with the trunk and windows closed. I couldn't do that in any other car or SUV that I've owned
Lol I did that a few months ago. Like 70’ of PVC to build a garden cover for my hail netting. Worked perfectly.

Mr. Hankey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d MT, GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a family of 5+dog so I’m definitely getting a MT 2 door and rear seat delete. Dog will go in the passenger seat 🐶

Seriously though, we have a big truck for family trips and this one is for daily driving and 2 man fly fishing expeditions in BFE.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am buying mine because i an getting too old and broken to get in and out of my fiat 124 spider. your oldest daughter will understand you love her even though you leave her chained to the radiator when you choose to go topless with the rest of the family that you like. but to show your love you can give her a ride to the prom in a few years so she has that special windblown hair look...

by the way, i have never owned a 4 door vehicle and don't ever plan on owning one...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Consider buying a vehicle for the most common use case, not for the "what if". I buy the model that is most fun and useful for majority of the time, and figure a way to deal the rest of the time.
Sponsored