Anyone buying from Phil Long Ford?

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave up on Phil Long and I'm buying from Granger. I've ordered a lot of trucks through Phil Long and their commercial/ fleet sales. But they referred me to their main sales staff to talk about Bronco and they just wouldn't talk.

This is totally a huge missed opportunity for a Colorado dealership. One of them could be laughing all the way to the bank with this if they cared to put in a little effort.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a Denver Ford Fleet buyer and all of my new vehicles are delivered though them. I also use them as a 2nd service provider. I purchased (4) 2020 units off their lot this month. I had a co-worker get a 2017 Raptor from there at $15,000 over MSRP when they first came out. Hands down I am going with Granger Ford because I am voting with my personal business.
wow! That is unreal, definitely definitely going with Granger. I really appreciate all the insight here, thanks again

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need granger to open up bronco central in Colorado. You could so run with this whole thing if you did it right. I’ve even tried pushing on one of the dealers here to do that. No Interest at all.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a couple people that joined our Granger group that initially had a reservation with Phil Long. They didn't have anything good to say about their experience with them (which is one of the main reasons why they switched).
Pretty much my experience. Now, I get along with the parts departmen, but sales - they’re not hungry enough to deal.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is that Phil Long feels that they have enough demand for the Bronco that they're simply ignoring those who are looking for better pricing. Not a way to "earn" business. I don't feel bad at all not going with them and they are just a few miles away.

Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that Phil Long feels that they have enough demand for the Bronco that they're simply ignoring those who are looking for better pricing. Not a way to "earn" business. I don't feel bad at all not going with them and they are just a few miles away.
Bullitt, that is exactly right. Reading through this thread is an exact carbon copy of how it is here in Georgia. The dealers feel that they have enough reservations and they are going to charge over MSRP. They don't care that some of us will walk.

Colorado is a playground for these vehicles and the dealers are taking advantage of that. The Colorado Granger Buyer Group is killing it and hats of to @ColoradoGuy for keeping it organized. Best to you all.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after an initial bad phone call with one person at Phil Long in Colorado Springs, I focused my efforts on e-mail with a different advisor who confirmed sale at MSRP.

" Our dealership will charge MSRP only. Ford is not honoring X-Plan at this point. [...] the vehicles will be delivered late Spring early Summer."
" It will be mid-December for the order. Ford hasn't given the exact date. Yes you can change trim. We used the reservation that you have placed and modify it so you can keep your place in list of reservation / orders. I will stay in touch and give you any updates. [The inventory control manager] will handle the order. "

So a little touch and go at first, but looks like I'm staying with the dealership that I can literally see out of my window.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So after an initial bad phone call with one person at Phil Long in Colorado Springs, I focused my efforts on e-mail with a different advisor who confirmed sale at MSRP.

" Our dealership will charge MSRP only. Ford is not honoring X-Plan at this point. [...] the vehicles will be delivered late Spring early Summer."
" It will be mid-December for the order. Ford hasn't given the exact date. Yes you can change trim. We used the reservation that you have placed and modify it so you can keep your place in list of reservation / orders. I will stay in touch and give you any updates. [The inventory control manager] will handle the order. "

So a little touch and go at first, but looks like I'm staying with the dealership that I can literally see out of my window.
Good on you. Even though I haven’t had good luck with that dealership, I did make my reservation through them. In all likelihood I’ll wait for the second year of Bronco production.

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Currently working with Phil Long for my rez. The salesman knew less about the process than I did (thanks to this website, mostly) which was disappointing, but I did get confirmation that they would sell at MSRP (no markups at least) and would accept X-plan pricing as well. They are like two miles from my house. I don't know what I'd stand to save flying to Iowa or whatever, but I don't feel like nickel and diming myself and driving 1,000 miles to save a few hundred bucks on a vehicle I plan to get buried in. *shrug*

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bailed on Phil Long Chapel Hills in December after ZERO contact since res date in July...saving over $3K with Granger. Best decision ever.
Didn't get any email/text/phone from PL-CH until after the order banks opened in January...nice try, guys...too little - too late.
They're my go-to for parts, but that's it...good, friendly staff behind the counter. Will be seeing a lot of them for Bronco stuff. :cool:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phil Long Chapel Hills is only a few miles from my house. I ended up buying in Missouri. lol.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Currently working with Phil Long for my rez. The salesman knew less about the process than I did (thanks to this website, mostly) which was disappointing, but I did get confirmation that they would sell at MSRP (no markups at least) and would accept X-plan pricing as well. They are like two miles from my house. I don't know what I'd stand to save flying to Iowa or whatever, but I don't feel like nickel and diming myself and driving 1,000 miles to save a few hundred bucks on a vehicle I plan to get buried in. *shrug*
Did you ascertain that X pricing would be honored even though Ford is not taking it on the Bronco? If they are that clueless you may need to revisit so as not to get a delivery day surprise....

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had an issue with Phil Long Ford (on Wadsworth near hwy 285) in 2001 and have not been back.

They played the game of changing the written contract terms after they had been agreed to verbally. Sales person agreed to fix a term that had already been agreed to but, without discussing, changed the contract in two other places. Had him fix those and the original term was also changed back without informing me. Had him fix that and they again changed the contract in another location. Salesman pretended that it was a mistake by "the contract guy". This was not a mistake. Walked out on them and will not return to play their games.

Purchased from another dealer without the deceit and at a better price. With Granger for the Bronco.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wild to hear about all the issues with Phil Long. I reserved mine through them in Colorado Springs July 14, 2020 (I think it was the 2nd day) and have had great communication with them every time I've reached out for a question. And they weren't trying to brush me off either.

I recently called them when Ford was adding the sound deadening interior headliners if you asked by a certain date. Well, I missed the email in my junk folder and was a month past the date. When I called to ask if it was too late the manger said he automatically added the headliner to every order that went through the dealership as a courtesy. So I think that was pretty cool.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wild to hear about all the issues with Phil Long. I reserved mine through them in Colorado Springs July 14, 2020 (I think it was the 2nd day) and have had great communication with them every time I've reached out for a question. And they weren't trying to brush me off either.

I recently called them when Ford was adding the sound deadening interior headliners if you asked by a certain date. Well, I missed the email in my junk folder and was a month past the date. When I called to ask if it was too late the manger said he automatically added the headliner to every order that went through the dealership as a courtesy. So I think that was pretty cool.
Cool unless you didn't want it for some reason. Might ask him why they didn't pick up the phone and call customers they didn't hear back from or why they didn't send a second personalized email. They should know it is not unusual for these types of emails to end up in a spam folder. That is a side effect of them sending out a mass email instead of writing a personal email.
Sponsored