Sponsored

Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement?

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? DE46DF67-9B06-49A5-B8A2-23EAD1E862F1
Nothing could ruin Velocity Blue. Except maybe pink.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If
Correct - WT makes no sense to have different accent colors - i was on the fence between WT and BL .... BL for the win
for no other reason, the black grille on the WT will not look good with that crappy grey top.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not changing colors due to the MIC announcement. My color choice (white) is probably the least ugly combination for the gray top. And I'm getting a Badlands with a gray grille. And this pic looks like the fender flares are gray. So the gray MIC top may actually match the color of other parts. It's a long shot, but this combo could look almost acceptable.

Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 7.10.11 AM

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not changing colors due to the MIC announcement. My color choice (white) is probably the least ugly combination for the gray top. And I'm getting a Badlands with a gray grille. And this pic looks like the fender flares are gray. So the gray MIC top may actually match the color of other parts. It's a long shot, but this combo could look almost acceptable.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 7.10.11 AM.png
I once had a white '87 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350. It really stood out, and importantly, it hid mud/dust/dirt pretty well compared to darker colors. I may consider it.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking carbonized gray looks better with the awful gray top, for me it's that or my original choice of rapid red.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No way ... going to wait for the black painted top as expected since july 14th. Anything else would be a major compromise on a 50k purchase = disappointed

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 7.10.11 AM
From all the photos I've seen it doesn't match the (plastic) bumpers, door handles, or door window frames, at least on the two door base that I'm looking at purchasing.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you plan on switching to the MIC for the Modular top then stick with your original color. You will only be putting up with MIC for a few months and will not be able switch back to your favorite car colors when you finally get the Modular top.

Sponsored

Kenny

Big Bend
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here I what I am doing.

Was set on ANTIMATTER BLUE with BLACK TOP.
Now that it is a GRAY "Molded in Color" (MIC) TOP...

I am likely going with ICONIC SILVER.

What do you think and are you changing as well?

I was only considering AMB but I wanted a white top and flares. Just not a fan with the gray top. Then, after I saw the A51 in person with the gray top, I’ve changed.

I don’t feel good about painting or wrapping. I’m afraid it either won’t stick or will be hard to keep looking good.

Going with A51. Maybe trade in a few years if Ford gets some things worked out

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From all the photos I've seen it doesn't match the (plastic) bumpers, door handles, or door window frames, at least on the two door base that I'm looking at purchasing.
I agree that the bumpers, door handles and door window frames don't match the gray MIC top. But to me this mismatch looks the least ugly on a white Bronco. Maybe because at least the grille would match the top on a Badlands.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm thinking carbonized gray looks better with the awful gray top, for me it's that or my original choice of rapid red.
Yet to see a 2 door CARBONIZED on the interwebbs and I for one cannot wait

2DoorBL7mt forthewin

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree that the bumpers, door handles and door window frames don't match the gray MIC top. But to me this mismatch looks the least ugly on a white Bronco. Maybe because at least the grille would match the top on a Badlands.

To each their own, but I just cannot do white as a vehicle color choice.
Sponsored