Sponsored

Anyone come up with a fix for the dripping soft top into cab issue?

OP
OP
Brownie

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All these nit-$hit add-ons that the aftermarket world is coming up with and nothing to fix this quirk leaves me SMH.! Our soft tops actually have a rain gutter, somewhat, sewn in the entire length of the top except for the first few inches starting at the windshield A pillar. This is a dumping point for the water flowing in the "gutter".

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a hydrophobic coating that can be used?
The top is hydrophobic, if it absorbed all the rain there not be runoff.

Just like the rear side windows whose bottom is a halfbinch too high, the gutter for the roof was mis-designed.

It's the tradeoff for not having a hardtop whose doors extend into roof area. Had one, (different brand) and snow was worse than rain

Mabbet has a trim piece that runs over both doors. Have not tried it

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The top is hydrophobic, if it absorbed all the rain there not be runoff.

Just like the rear side windows whose bottom is a halfbinch too high, the gutter for the roof was mis-designed.

It's the tradeoff for not having a hardtop whose doors extend into roof area. Had one, (different brand) and snow was worse than rain

Mabbet has a trim piece that runs over both doors. Have not tried it
The roof fabric is not completely hydrophobic. If it were there would be no standing water at all.

Sponsored

sfs1963

Heritage
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 23 Bronco, 22 Toyota Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Man this guy is sensitive but then again he is from north of the border. Enough said but lighten up dude. I like the hard top comment but having owned 2 Broncos the first of which was a soft top. It does drip but wasn't a concern of mine with the MGV interior and also it was quieter the my current hard top at highway speeds. Good luck.

ShaunB71

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also have this same issue!! I'm glad I'm not alone. It happens when it's raining, and you open the window for any reason. there is a spot where it will drip down with a significant flow rate and right onto the door. Not sure tenting the soft top will help any since it's not really about the pooling but the runoff of the water.

I've accepted that they built the doors to handle the weather as they have the rest of the interior, but it is very annoying regardless.
So I’ve had my Bronco for about a month, and it rains a lot here in Georgia. I have to agree, the water pouring in when you have to roll down the window is excessive. The responses on here so far have not been constructive at solving the problem (accepting the fact that mass amounts of water pour in and just carry a towel is not a fix). Hoping some manufacturer creates an after-market solution.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The roof fabric is not completely hydrophobic. If it were there would be no standing water at all.
Standing water is not the problem. The problem.is the gutter drains forward until it disappears

Most of the unhelpful answers here are from non softtop owners and in particular ones who have not viewed the softtop from the side

shanerkidwell

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We get rain.....a lot of rain where I live!!! This dripping on me everytime I enter the Bronco is pissing me off!!!
Just found this! Mabett Window Visor Rain Guard for Ford Bronco 2021 2022 2023 Accessories 4-Door Protect from Raindrops Sound Noise Sun Rays (4PCS) https://a.co/d/09MyGFz
Sponsored