First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mostly agree with what you said, but this isn't a 20 year old house, apples and oranges. My point was there is an active thread to post one star reviews to a Stealership for a $3000 adm they added at delivery. It's okay for the OP to flip for profit, but not the dealer. It just sound hypocritical to me. Believe me, I've had enough problems with my own dealer, I am far from being on their side and I will support anyone on here that runs into problems. Seems to me the OP is asking permission or to see what others will think if they do flip it. I just gave another option. God Bless America and Lets Go Brandon!
Well, now that sounds reasonable. And youā€™re right about the 20 year house sell vs. the Bronco bought for the purpose of flipping. Never the lessā€¦..if a guy buys a house and sells it a month later and clears a sizable profit , then my point still stands. A car can be treated as a for profit commodity. Iā€™m even okay with dealers selling Broncos for as much of an ADM as someone is willing to payā€¦..as long as itā€™s dealer stock or an abandoned order. Surprise ADMā€™s on reservation holders is a different animal.
Anyways, we appear to be on the same pageā€¦ā€¦..but prepare for some retribution for that LGB comment. Itā€™s funny to someā€¦ā€¦.but will cause some others to melt down in a conniption fit. Hell, I may even catch some grief over espousing the virtues of capitalism.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point was there is an active thread to post one star reviews to a Stealership for a $3000 adm they added at delivery. It's okay for the OP to flip for profit, but not the dealer. It just sound hypocritical to me.
I don't see it as hypocritical at all.

What makes the two situations different is that in one instance, a buyer arranged with a seller to buy a product that would not be available until after a long wait, with the understanding that when the product became available, the buyer would pay a certain price for it. After more than a year of waiting, the product finally comes in, the buyer goes in to close the deal, and now the seller wants to add a markup of thousands of dollars more than the originally agreed price.

It's not like, at this point, the buyer has the option gto to to another dealer, and try to get a better deal there. Now, the buyer has the choice to pay the extra markup, or walk away from that deal, get back in line with a different dealer, and wait all over again, and risk having the same thing happen again when the new order finally comes in.

It's not merely the markup itself that is objectionable. It's that it was not disclosed until long after the original order, long after the buyer had committed to buy that product from that dealer. If the dealer had disclosed at the start, that he was going to add that markup, then the buyer would have had the option, at that point, to talk to another dealership and see if he could get a better deal somewhere else. Someone seeking to engage in a transaction, having the ability to know what deal he is being offered, and to look elsewhere for a better deal, is crucial to a properly-functioning free market.

As for the OP flipping his vehicle for profit, that's kind of sleazy, too, but not to nearly the same degree.

I wish it was somehow possible to allocate the various deals so that those who are going to be the ones who keep their Broncos, and use them, for a long time, would be the ones who get the good deals, MSRP or lower, and the ones who are going to end up selling them soon would be the ones who get stuck with dealers who hit them with a big markup.

Either that, or push the flippers to the back of the line.

Here I am waiting patiently in line, for a bronco that I absolutely have no intent on selling, and would be extremely difficult to persuade to do so, that I hope to keep for a very, very long time, and ahead of me in this line are those who bought their Broncos only to turn around and sell them for a profit.

Last edited:

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cant flip something I don't have šŸ˜†

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We didn't really have to wait so maybe I'm just spoiled. I called a few dealers and told them I wanted a 4 door bronco any trim and I would buy it the next day after they called me. We had a 2021 Bronco Sport for trade in loaded with gear. Got a ton of calls like 2 weeks later for ours and haggled our trade in value up. So we weren't far from MSRP.

I've gotten about 6 calls now begging me to buy their Bronco because apparently "no one can afford them". Most want 3-5k over MSRP which isn't a huge deal to me.
Then Iā€™d sell the one you have and buy another for $3k over MSRP. Pocket the difference.

Deleted member 12876

Every time I hear the Bronco referred to as car I cringe a little. The Bronco was built on truck chassis, and not all trucks are pickupsā€¦

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate that we are even considering it, but I got curious and did an online request for value and they came back with 67k on our Bronco V6 Big Bend. This is coming from a 45.5k MSRP.

Screenshot_20211214-150236_Outlook.jpg

Has anyone traded theirs in and put down another reservation?

Edit:
We have had this car for a week and we did not order just to resell. My wife had the Bronco Sport while waiting for a full sized Bronco.
I didn't consider it an option, but I can see the appeal. If you can sell it and make one-three years college tuition or use it as down payment on a house, etc, then it is an option more people should probably explore.

I do like knowing my vehicle hasn't depreciated and has retained value.

Last edited:

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the vehicle but in hindsight wish I would have ordered 5. Flip 4 @15k ā€œAOMā€ (additional owner markup) get the 5th one free.

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
One word "NO"!! Waited 7 years total from 1st rumor of a new 2 Door Bronco and 2 years with reservation and order. I will drive it till the wheels fall off. Whats out there to buy? I wanted a 2 Door Base as a preferred choice. 4cyl. 7 speed M.T. Nothing else would do!! Keep your money and I will keep my Base Bronco.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'd probably only consider selling it after a year or two and then only if times got tough and if the resale market was still high.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate that we are even considering it, but I got curious and did an online request for value and they came back with 67k on our Bronco V6 Big Bend. This is coming from a 45.5k MSRP.

Screenshot_20211214-150236_Outlook.jpg

Has anyone traded theirs in and put down another reservation?

Edit:
We have had this car for a week and we did not order just to resell. My wife had the Bronco Sport while waiting for a full sized Bronco.
I have a WT and a D90 on order. I was a day 2 res for the Bronco and it might get built 1/03. The D90 I built in September. Build date went from January to December with a Feb delivery.

I'm likely flipping whichever arrives second. I'm guessing that will be the Bronco.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As for the OP flipping his vehicle for profit, that's kind of sleazy, too, but not to nearly the same degree.

I wish it was somehow possible to allocate the various deals so that those who are going to be the ones who keep their Broncos, and use them, for a long time, would be the ones who get the good deals, MSRP or lower, and the ones who are going to end up selling them soon would be the ones who get stuck with dealers who hit them with a big markup.

Either that, or push the flippers to the back of the line.

Here I am waiting patiently in line, for a bronco that I absolutely have no intent on selling, and would be extremely difficult to persuade to do so, that I hope to keep for a very, very long time, and ahead of me in this lien are those who bought their Broncos only to turn around and sell them for a profit.
Are you for real?

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As soon as my Bronco arrives, I'm ordering another one. lol There's something to be said for just enjoying the vehicle you've been waiting so long for... but how often do opportunities like this come along? How often can you buy a vehicle and immediately make 20%-40% on it?! Almost never. Strike while the irons hot and take a vacation when COVID is over.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I ordered a soft top BD, zero options, as a holdover until my 2 door BD reservation got built and turns out they both got scheduled for 2/7. I'm honestly thinking about keeping both at this point although I seriously don't need 2 new vehicles.

Some might say I'm a scummy scumbag if I end up flipping the second order but otherwise I wouldn't consider it. I've wanted a Bronco too bad for too long. How bad are people going to freak out when these things start showing up in junk yards?
Do whatā€™s best for you. It is not a scumbag move if you sell one. Donā€™t let this forum guilt trip youšŸ˜‚

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 700+ used bronco 6th gens on autotrader now. Prices are dropping.
Sponsored