First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me or is anyone else delaying their orders of their Bronco?

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much I’ll be spending along with what’s offered, I’m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if I’m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, I’m just gonna wait and make sure it’s exactly what I want.

just wondered if anyone else was having similar thoughts?
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or is anyone else delaying their orders of their Bronco?

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much I’ll be spending along with what’s offered, I’m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if I’m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, I’m just gonna wait and make sure it’s exactly what I want.

just wondered if anyone else was having similar thoughts?
Having thoughts, yes. But just that - thoughts.

I too wanted the painted-black top. However, I've made a compromise in getting the gray MIC top, and then taking it to an auto body shop and having them sand it down, then paint it black to go better with a Cyber Orange exterior.

I'm hoping this plan will get me by until the painted-black top becomes available for purchase from the factory/dealership.

This compromise is also partially fueled by the fact I anticipated getting a new vehicle 10-11 months from now (hopefully sooner) since my current one is pushing 150k+ miles and has seen better days.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish Ford would give us some guidance here eventually before ordering when they believe the painted HT will be available because then I would just order the 4 door with the soft top and then purchase the HT when it becomes available...

Sponsored

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if my reservation date is from the first day and I won’t to wait till black top and have it be a 2022 Do I need to cancel my reservation and make a new one ? Or can they just hold

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

nope, the grey top will become white or black with Line-X ultra and a little money, plus I will be able to drive my Bronco much sooner.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your not the only one. I feel if I pay this much it should be pretty sweet. Ford isn’t earning my money they are just expecting it. Probably wait and see what the warthog looks like. I just hope theY don’t jack things up like they have with the bad lands. I was really looking forward to all the offerings they were going to provide and then they slowly started taking it away. Things will only get better when people push back otherwise they will continue to do dumb things.

OP
OP
50foxbody

50foxbody

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your not the only one. I feel if I pay this much it should be pretty sweet. Ford isn’t earning my money they are just expecting it. Probably wait and see what the warthog looks like. I just hope theY don’t jack things up like they have with the bad lands. I was really looking forward to all the offerings they were going to provide and then they slowly started taking it away. Things will only get better when people push back otherwise they will continue to do dumb things.
I agree, delaying also allows me to see what other changes they make and whether or not a Warthog would be worth it.
Sadly it seems they are kinda just pushing stuff through and this first group will be guinea pigs for Ford

Sponsored

THOMASO1371

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going to order what I can, enjoy a Bronco for a few years, then order hopefully the lifetime owning Bronco a few years from now when they figure stuff out.

I was hyped for this launch but it's been a let down...that being said, it's still pretty badass and the best option out there for me.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC grey top isn't a big deal to me, I don't want painted because scratches off road, but grey is ugly, I wanted black MIC.

The deal breaker for me is that every single exterior color sucks, and the forced neon orange stitching and trim in the BL is gross and only looks good with CO especially since body color shows through the doors to the inside

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is doing a pretty good job of delaying my order as is.
Sponsored