First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys been thinking about getting my bronco a full-body Matte PPF wrap when it comes in but wondering if anyone's done this yet and how much it cost? I ordered the Area 51 blue and I think it would not only look great in Matte but be a good idea to have the whole thing wrapped to reduce the chance of scratches and such over the many years of fun I have planned for it. Has anyone had a full PPF wrap done? What did it run you? and if you have pics let me see em!
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are several, but in the end I decided to go with the Xpel Ultimate instead of the Stealth. The matte makes the cyber orange look like road paint. Pricing is all over the place depending on the installer. You are looking at $4-9k for the full ppf. I was quoted just over $9 for the 2 door and had mine wrapped for just under $4 with another Xpel dealer. I'm sure the others will chime in shortly.

Last edited:

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys been thinking about getting my bronco a full-body Matte PPF wrap when it comes in but wondering if anyone's done this yet and how much it cost? I ordered the Area 51 blue and I think it would not only look great in Matte but be a good idea to have the whole thing wrapped to reduce the chance of scratches and such over the many years of fun I have planned for it. Has anyone had a full PPF wrap done? What did it run you? and if you have pics let me see em!
I was quoted $10k. For that kind of money I could have a high-quality paint job done twice!
- And my Autobody of choice works primarily on Aston Martin, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.
- The Paint Job will last a lot longer than the 10-year Wrap life expectancy.
- Removing the Wrap is an absolute nightmare. My Autobody puts the vehicle in the paintbooth
on the highest temp. for a few days, and then it's a few days to remove the mess.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are several, but in the end I decided to go with the Xpel Ultra instead of the Stealth. The matte makes the cyber orange look like road paint. Pricing is all over the place depending on the installer. You are looking at $4-9k for the full ppf. I was quoted just over $9 for the 2 door and had mine wrapped for just under $4 with another Xpel dealer. I'm sure the others will chime in shortly.

Do you have a CO 2DR that has been wrapped? Would love to see it, waiting on a CO 2DR

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's wrapped in the Ultimate, which is the clear gloss. I had them do a ceramic on top to give the ppf some additional protection. This is the only pic I have of it post ppf. It's covered in snow and road ice at the moment or I'd get you some new ones.
Ford Bronco Anyone do a full PPF Wrap? 20211203_174641

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's wrapped in the Ultra, which is the clear gloss. I had them do a ceramic on top to give the ppf some additional protection. This is the only pic I have of it post ppf. It's covered in snow and road ice at the moment or I'd get you some new ones.
Ford Bronco Anyone do a full PPF Wrap? 20211203_174641
What did they charge ya for it if you don't mind me asking?

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used Xpel Ultimate on the front bumper cover, mirrors and a portion of the hood on a Mini Cooper and BMW M2. It's amazingly tough stuff. Didn't have either long enough to talk about long term durability. I traded the Mini after three years on the M2 which I've had for 18 months. Xpel did/is still going strong.

I plan on keeping the Bronco a long time, so who knows what Xpel will look like after five years. It does have a useful life. My installer says five years if garaged. Then you pay to have it taken off if you can't do it yourself. Not certain yet if I'll spend the money for near total coverage of the Bronco.

Re: matte vs gloss is something only you can decide.

Edit - Go to the the Xpel website and shop precut kits for your truck. You'll get and Idea of the retail material cost of each piece. Some installers will install for that price + minor markup. Sounds like others have higher markups. The installer that did mine came to my house and did it in the garage.

Last edited:

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full wrap in Xpel Ultimate, paint correction, ceramic coating on ppf and wheels, front window ceramic tint together came to $4500. Taking off the ceramic coating and tint saves you roughly $1k off of that.

Last edited:

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's wrapped in the Ultra, which is the clear gloss. I had them do a ceramic on top to give the ppf some additional protection. This is the only pic I have of it post ppf. It's covered in snow and road ice at the moment or I'd get you some new ones.
Ford Bronco Anyone do a full PPF Wrap? tempImage2V7e5A
Thanks, looks incredible .... I was told not to do matte on the CO because it takes away from the depth of the paint. Wrapped and Ceramic hopefully holds up to the Colorado Winters

Enjoy!

Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had mine fully wrapped in xpel ultimate (gloss). I originally planned on xpel stealth (matte). After lurking on the Tesla forums and reading about their experiences with PPF, I decided to go with gloss. Apparently, the matte is somewhat porous, so it stains much easier than the gloss. I was bummed about not getting stealth, but I wanted to worry less about the finish not more. I paid $4100 for my wrap.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here some pics of mine. Xpel stealth with g techniq halo ceramic coating on top. Did the work myself with a friend.

Ford Bronco Anyone do a full PPF Wrap? 8566CBCB-672B-4C37-B944-65F3E6F3D901

What prior experience do you/your friend have doing that, or something similar? Looks great!!!
Sponsored