Sponsored

Anyone done Rubicon Ridge Trail at Hot Springs Off-Road Park?

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that @Hossamus Prime has done FunRun and Snake there, but anyone attempted Rubicon Ridge there? It is by far my favorite trail there and video doesn't do it justice. There is a large step down on the first part of the trail and then a large one on the backside with a lot of off-camber narrow spots along the way.

Rubicon Ridge - Trail

Hoping to go back this fall or late winter.

Ford Bronco Anyone done Rubicon Ridge Trail at Hot Springs Off-Road Park? Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 10.03.29 AM
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that @Hossamus Prime has done FunRun and Snake there, but anyone attempted Rubicon Ridge there? It is by far my favorite trail there and video doesn't do it justice. There is a large step down on the first part of the trail and then a large one on the backside with a lot of off-camber narrow spots along the way.

Rubicon Ridge - Trail

Ford Bronco Anyone done Rubicon Ridge Trail at Hot Springs Off-Road Park? Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 10.03.29 AM
@VoltageDrop , @SFAforester , and I did Fun Run, Snake, Squids Jaunt, and The Ultimate Adventure back in May. Rubicon Ridge is on my list for next trip out there.

Post about our ride Here

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't done it, but it doesn't look terrible. Is it a 3 diamond or 4? The weekend of September 24th will be a great time to try it out. That's when the OCBR is happening. We can all try it with some of the classic broncos.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rubicon Ridge - Trail

I did it in a 93 Bronco with no lockers almost 20 years ago but I bet it's much more difficult now. It was a really fun trail and took awhile. We had to winch a 3G Bronco back out the entrance due to its carburetor not liking the steep hills then a 2G Bronco busted a rear lift block and his axle drove up under the body and snapped the drive shaft. Long day but I do like the longer trails in Hot Springs.

Sadly, the dropped valve thread finally got to me so I surrendered my 6G to Carvana and I'm back in line at Granger in hopes of getting a black modular top 2-door MY23. :oops:

Hopefully one of you fine folks can spare a couple seats because I'll be coming to OCBR without a Bronco for yet a 3rd time 😁 With any luck, I'll get my 69 on the road this winter so I can play Bronco until I find another 6G!

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it in a 93 Bronco with no lockers almost 20 years ago but I bet it's much more difficult now. It was a really fun trail and took awhile. We had to winch a 3G Bronco back out the entrance due to its carburetor not liking the steep hills then a 2G Bronco busted a rear lift block and his axle drove up under the body and snapped the drive shaft. Long day but I do like the longer trails in Hot Springs.

Sadly, the dropped valve thread finally got to me so I surrendered my 6G to Carvana and I'm back in line at Granger in hopes of getting a black modular top 2-door MY23. :oops:

Hopefully one of you fine folks can spare a couple seats because I'll be coming to OCBR without a Bronco for yet a 3rd time 😁 With any luck, I'll get my 69 on the road this winter so I can play Bronco until I find another 6G!
Oh no! I hate to hear that. I am about to hit 15k and still worried about it.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh no! I hate to hear that. I am about to hit 15k and still worried about it.
At your mileage I'd feel good about life but I don't drive very much and I was at 5k miles so it was going to take a couple more years before I felt in the clear. The NHTSA campaign might result in a cylinder head replacement recall but having the heads replaced by a dealership doesn't really excite me, either.

OP
OP
ByrdDogX

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hadn't done it, but it doesn't look terrible. Is it a 3 diamond or 4? The weekend of September 24th will be a great time to try it out. That's when the OCBR is happening. We can all try it with some of the classic broncos.
I believe it's rated a 3. Not sure when I'll get back out there, but looking forward to when I do.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just completed it, as well as fun run and snake, today.

For someone who has truly never wheeled these types of trails before. My knuckles are very very white.

Did it in a big bed with SAS suspension, 34s and some under armor. No lockers needed necessarily, did need to give er a little bump 2x.. The 4lo open diff did exceptionally well with how it transfers the power

I have a Fab fours stubby, asfir bash, gas tank, lower trailing arm and rear shock skid, as well as factory rock rails. Every single piece was needed, however it rubbed about the same amount as the 4x gladiators in our group

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our off-road club just did a trip down to Hot Springs last weekend. Did all 3 badge trails. FunRun was my favorite. Rubicon Ridge was good too. It was a 3, no real issues (Badlands Sas). I did a few 4s as well, never had to pull the winch. I really need to replace these stock SAS tires, biggest thing that holds me back.
Sponsored