Sponsored

Anyone done some analysis on the different ceramic coatings out there?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my PPF got delayed for a couple of weeks so I was thinking of doing a DIY ceramic coating on my Bronco. Talked to a buddy who had done it on his Subaru and Honda. He likes the Adams brand and recommends the bottle over the spray.

Seems like everyone has a "ceramic coating" out there. Hard to tell what is the real deal vs. snake oil.

It appears that a lot of folks have had theirs professionally done. But for those that have done it themselves, any recommendations on a brand other than Adams?

This is the one I am thinking of going with: https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ā„¢/products/graphene-ceramic-coatingā„¢-advanced

Would appreciate any input from others that have done it themselves.
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If youā€˜re still planning to do PPF then DO NOT apply ceramic coating. Your PPF wonā€™t stick well to a high quality ceramic coating. I did my boat with a professional quality ceramic two years ago and registration stickers still wonā€™t stick to it.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a guy on youtube that did a test over 2 1/2 years:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got done using the adams advanced, inside and out. Did everything but tires and under the hood but that coming. Excellent product. Very easy to apply. Really added some depth and fixed the top, flares, and interior panels (scuffs) Grab the kit with the flash light if youā€™re nervous at all. If not just grab the kit without. Comes with a prep and booster. Plus some rags and pads. Pretty much put it on, wait for the oil shine to go away, then hit it with the level cloth, wipe off any extra with a soft cloth. Let cure 24 hours.
Do not put it anywhere you plan on sticking something. It will fail.
The uv light will not work on red.
1 bottle did complete inside and out, with about a 1/4ā€ left.

Ford Bronco Anyone done some analysis on the different ceramic coatings out there? 36AED2CD-B28A-4B31-9157-A9CDDC64B485

Last edited:

Sponsored

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my PPF got delayed for a couple of weeks so I was thinking of doing a DIY ceramic coating on my Bronco. Talked to a buddy who had done it on his Subaru and Honda. He likes the Adams brand and recommends the bottle over the spray.

Seems like everyone has a "ceramic coating" out there. Hard to tell what is the real deal vs. snake oil.

It appears that a lot of folks have had theirs professionally done. But for those that have done it themselves, any recommendations on a brand other than Adams?

This is the one I am thinking of going with: https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-graphene-ceramic-coatingā„¢/products/graphene-ceramic-coatingā„¢-advanced

Would appreciate any input from others that have done it themselves.
I used the Adams graphene product you have linked. I think it turned out really well.

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not apply ceramic before PPF.
Thanks to both comments about this. I had no idea that the PPF would not stick to the ceramic coating. I guess I will wait for the PPF :)

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to both comments about this. I had no idea that the PPF would not stick to the ceramic coating. I guess I will wait for the PPF :)
Or just skip the areas you know itā€™s going on and hit it later.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the Adams graphene product you have linked. I think it turned out really well.

Ford Bronco Anyone done some analysis on the different ceramic coatings out there? IMG_1966

Ford Bronco Anyone done some analysis on the different ceramic coatings out there? IMG_1966
Did you consider the "original" vs the "advanced" version of the graphene? I found a video that the "advanced" version was "thicker" which I guess will last longer.

EMBronco

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you consider the "original" vs the "advanced" version of the graphene? I found a video that the "advanced" version was "thicker" which I guess will last longer.
I didn't know there was an original and advanced. The one I used must have been the original.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just did the csquarts uk 3.0. Easy to use. The Prep work is where itā€™s at for doing any of them.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adams stuff is very easy to use and lasts well. I'm doing the advanced setup but i have to decide if i want any graphics on my badlands before i do it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was reading the Amazon reviews for the Adamā€™s product and they didnā€™t seem that great. One video review was challenging the Adamā€™s product remaining flexible after drying, suggesting that the better coatings dry hard. Iā€™m looking to do my Bronco and soon to come Ford Lightning.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks fantastic. Anyone know how it would do with Ox White?

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really a fan of Adam's coatings. I like Gyeon's stuff, Quartz UK, or CSL.
Sponsored