Sponsored

Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP?

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could buy any vehicle I want. I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.

And, I'm kind of a "Ford guy," event though I've owned other brands.

I want something that's just a little less run-of-the-mill.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am buying it because it is a modern Bronco with the soul of the OG classic Bronco. A proper, capable, ride that isn't an oversized monstrosity, but not a diminutive toy either. The 2dr, my choice, fits this description perfectly.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No... I'm buying a Bronco because it IS A BRONCO. Then again, when you've owned them in the past, you're more likely to buy one again.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree! I want that open top off-road experience, but I could never really get into owning a wrangler.. I do like some of the other jeep models, but they either are way overpriced for me and/or they lack the features I want. The bronco seems to check the most boxes I want, & it's NOT a wrangler lol

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. I’m buying the Bronco because I wanted the Bronco. I’m realistic that a month after the Bronco becomes widely available I’ll start seeing them everywhere like the Wrangler but that doesn’t bother me. They’re only exclusive now because nobody has one yet.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buying it because it's a Bronco. I've got a perfectly good vehicle now that has a lot of live yet, but I want to drive a Bronco. The fact that the '75 in my garage has been in my family since...1975 probably has something to do with it.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Historically, I always liked Jeeps better than Broncos. But I feel like Jeep abandoned its roots after CJ5. If they'd ever return to their origins, I'd be there.
In the meantime, I like the throw-back styling of the new Bronco. I don't hate Jeep. In fact I love the one I have. But the Bronco has the better styling as I see it.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m buying a Bronco because
-I love going off road in a manual transmission
-It is an icon
- I test drove a Jeep wrangler unlimited in 2014 after test driving an FJ and it was underpowered, cramped (I’m 6’4”) and felt like it was falling apart.
- I want the open top experience, which my FJ doesn’t provide.
-Did I say because I love manual transmission 🤪

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at Jeep’s hard in early 2020 pre-launch announcement. Got close a few times to buying one when I came a cross a good deal. I just always felt like there were too many compromises I was making to pull the trigger on what I consider to be a very big purchase. Most importantly I think they are ugly (especially in comparison to the bronco), unreliable and far too common. Not a Jeep hater by any means, just not for this guy. The announcement in July only confirmed all of my feelings on the matter.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(y)

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, kinda. I love what Jeeps can do, but never pulled the trigger on one because they just never felt right to me. Kinda the same thing with the Apple/iPhone ecosystem. I'm just an Android and Bronco kinda guy I guess. I had a 1984 Bronco ~22 years ago, so I'm very excited to get into a '21 and remove the top and doors. I think my FJ40 puts me outside the box as well.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.
Those are valid reasons for you not to buy a Jeep.

That's a valid reason for you to buy a Bronco.

That can be a valid reason to buy a lot of things! Have you considered a late 70's International Scout or Dodge Ram Charger? You could go days without seeing another one at a stop light :)

What I'm getting at is this; Don't buy ANYTHING because it's not something else.....

Assess what you want from a vehicle, choose vehicles that can meet those needs, then choose the one that does those things best. Being unique, and being capable of running the Baja 1000 are both valid things to want!

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted a 4 door rubicon since I saw them; thought they looked fun,but couldn't afford it back then. Liked the ability to take off the doors and top, pile in a bunch of friends and go have fun in Colorado. I got a motorcycle a few years ago and it got stolen recently, friends think motorcycles are dangerous and have been talking me out of another one, so I took this opportunity to look at jeeps and thats when the bronco came into play. Test drove a rubicon and gladiator and wasn't impressed at all, im not used to the SFA. I want a daily with weekend warrior ability and all the new tech available with the open air experience of my bike. Price comes out cheaper in comparison here too. So I'm getting a newer product, with more tech, 35s out the gate for less?! Yeah, it's a no brainer.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have owned 3 first generation and 1 second generation Bronco's and currently driving an FJ. I like the Wrangler but I'm weary of Chrysler products or Fiat or Stellantis, whatever they are now. The roads here are saturated with Wrangler's so that is another reason.

Deleted member 16780

I could buy any vehicle I want. I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.

Owned a '94 and '02 when they were priced in teens and low twenties. Now, it has really become a midlife crisis vehicle. When I was a kid, old men bought sports cars. Now the dadbods and muffin tops get wranglers. A lot of time, heavily tricked out Wranglers. Rarely see them dirty, but they look cool and cost a small fortune. When I was younger, I always promised myself a Sahara when I was older only because I was sick of constantly applying armor-all to fading fenders LOL. There are too many wranglers on the road these days. Not that I need to stand out, but I suppose they bore me a bit.
Sponsored