Sponsored

Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP?

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve wanted a Wrangler for as long as I can remember. I just hate the floaty dead fish steering wheel. I’m assuming this will be better.
Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have owned three Jeeps - two Unlimiteds and a restored 86 CJ7. I am not a fan of the newer look and would have preferred Jeep try to do a model that harkens back to the CJ.

I also agree that there are too many wranglers now. I love the open air drive but really didn’t want another Jeep - and then the Bronco was revealed!!

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I’m buying a Bronco because I fell in love with a Bronco when I was 12. They were only in production for 2 more years after that and by the time I started buying vehicles I never bought anything old enough to be a Bronco. Now it is time to finally get my Bronco.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve always chosen GMs when cross shopping the big three. I love the classic lines in all three brands. With that said, 1. GM blew it with the Blazer. Just fkn wrecked it. The new trail blazer is a cool vehicle but it is not a heritage Blazer. 2. The Jeeps tend to be a little to militaristic (remained true to heritage) for me. I’ve done my time in military vehicles and haven’t wanted one for a daily (although the Gladitor is intriguing). That leaves the Bronco. It’s drawn on first gen heritage for styling and has IFS, which should give a better highway and everyday ride than the Jeep. As such, the Bronco is the winner. To go a step further, the Pathfinder is no longer a player. The 4Runner drivetrain is too dated and it appears the next gen 4Runner is not heritage focused either. The Defender is cool but an electronics nightmare.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For everyone who is saying that Broncos will be common place, too, in a short amount of time, they are REALLY underestimating how many Jeeps there are in Arizona (where OP says he's from).

I love Jeeps, but I love Broncos more, and it will be a long, long, time before Broncos come close to the number of Jeeps in AZ.😍

Sponsored

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just happened to click a video about the new Bronco... saw that they actually put the mirrors in the right place so you can take the doors off and decided immediately it was indeed a Jeep killer, and the only thing worthy to replace by 87 YJ CJ thing that I have been working on for 8 years.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same way. The wife has a JK, she loves it, and I still love her anyway. I have my toy as well. Even my hardcore jeep buddies will give me grief for not having a jeep. I tell them it is a JEEP, Just Everybody Else's Parts, I've got a Ford Motor, Chevy Axles, Old's Steering column... blah blah. :cool:. I still wave back to the Jeeps that wave at me too. Nothing wrong with being outside the box.

fj40.jpg
That's badass man

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at Ford and bought and built up a TJ 6 yrs ago. I sold it last summer to buy this Bronco.
I was in a Jeep club for years and always told them, if Ford ever made an alternative, I'd buy it. I can't wait to get on the trail with them and they can't wait to see it perform too.

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without doing my homework, and fearful of people jumping up and down, can anyone tell me how much a black Diamond compare to a mid level trim wrangler or 4 runner?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somewhat.

I like my Jeep, it's been a great vehicle and have had a blast 4 wheeling with it over the almost 10 trouble free years I've owned it. But as a DD it sucks, plain a simple. I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me, but whenever I drive something else and then hop back in my Jeep I'm reminded just how bad it rides. The sloppy and heavy steering, the rough ride from the solid front axle paired with a lift kit makes for a dump truck like ride. It's almost as bad as the step side vans we got in our work fleet. Just without all the banging and rattling.

So I'm actually looking forward to the IFS, rack and pinion steering and slightly larger cabin, I'm 6'5" so it's a little snug in my JK. I'm absolutely in love with the 2 door removable top and doors so when thinking about new vehicles you're options were, Wrangler or....yea that's it. I'm all for competition in that segment so I was glad to see Ford step up and actually bring a legit competitor to the mix. So it's not a Jeep vs Ford thing for me, but a competitor that on paper has made a vehicle more aligned with my needs, and one that looks fuckin awesome!!

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can say that I've had a lot of customers tell me they were looking because the wanted a jeep, but won't buy a Chrysler. So yes, I do see many buying because its not a jeep. I think it will be much more prevalent once buying off the lot is the norm in a few years.

I'm sure Chrysler saw customers that bought Challengers when it came out because it wasn't a Mustang. Some people are brand loyal, but many have strong negative opinions of some brands. Still get people saying they won't own anything with Firestones because they had trouble with their Firestone 500s, and that was back in the 70's.

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhat.

I like my Jeep, it's been a great vehicle and have had a blast 4 wheeling with it over the almost 10 trouble free years I've owned it. But as a DD it sucks, plain a simple. I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me, but whenever I drive something else and then hop back in my Jeep I'm reminded just how bad it rides. The sloppy and heavy steering, the rough ride from the solid front axle paired with a lift kit makes for a dump truck like ride. It's almost as bad as the step side vans we got in our work fleet. Just without all the banging and rattling.

So I'm actually looking forward to the IFS, rack and pinion steering and slightly larger cabin, I'm 6'5" so it's a little snug in my JK. I'm absolutely in love with the 2 door removable top and doors so when thinking about new vehicles you're options were, Wrangler or....yea that's it. I'm all for competition in that segment so I was glad to see Ford step up and actually bring a legit competitor to the mix. So it's not a Jeep vs Ford thing for me, but a competitor that on paper has made a vehicle more aligned with my needs, and one that looks fuckin awesome!!
What about cost-wise. Does mid trim Jeep compare to BD ??

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not yet, but I'm seriously p!ssed about the royal shi!tshow Jeep has going on with the recall for manual transmission vehicles.

I had just about decided to pull the trigger on a stick Gladiator while I was waiting to see how the inevitable kinks got worked out with the Bronco intro. Instead, I went ahead and jumped from 33s to 35s to keep myself entertained with my JKU in the meantime. (Lifted 2.5" at the same time.)

Before:
40364786480_8ba4f44830_w.jpg

After:
51003918356_77e1648792_w.jpg