Sponsored

Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted a 4 door rubicon since I saw them; thought they looked fun,but couldn't afford it back then. Liked the ability to take off the doors and top, pile in a bunch of friends and go have fun in Colorado. I got a motorcycle a few years ago and it got stolen recently, friends think motorcycles are dangerous and have been talking me out of another one, so I took this opportunity to look at jeeps and thats when the bronco came into play. Test drove a rubicon and gladiator and wasn't impressed at all, im not used to the SFA. I want a daily with weekend warrior ability and all the new tech available with the open air experience of my bike. Price comes out cheaper in comparison here too. So I'm getting a newer product, with more tech, 35s out the gate for less?! Yeah, it's a no brainer.
You NEED different "friends".
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those are valid reasons for you not to buy a Jeep.

That's a valid reason for you to buy a Bronco.

That can be a valid reason to buy a lot of things! Have you considered a late 70's International Scout or Dodge Ram Charger? You could go days without seeing another one at a stop light :)

What I'm getting at is this; Don't buy ANYTHING because it's not something else.....

Assess what you want from a vehicle, choose vehicles that can meet those needs, then choose the one that does those things best. Being unique, and being capable of running the Baja 1000 are both valid things to want!
Exactly!

As excited as I am for my Bronco, I know it's still going to be a mass produced vehicle. So what's the definition of "run of the mill" here? A 70's International Scout would definitely be rare if OP can afford any vehicle he wants.

But 100% agree: "Don't buy anything because it's not something else." 👍

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Little bit.

Plus nostalgia for the ‘88 Bronco that I had so many greaat

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Little bit.

Plus nostalgia for the ‘88 Bronco that I had so many great memories with.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I considered a jeep. Then I test drove it on the highway. Not for me

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could buy any vehicle I want. I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.....
........I want something that's just a little less run-of-the-mill.
I hate to break it to you but, in less than two years you will see 3 broncos at a stop light in anytown USA. The new bronco is a mass produced vehicle to compete with the powerhouse that is Jeep. If there was no Jeep there would be no Bronco; the first bronco was an imitation of a Jeep and the newest bronco is an imitation of a Jeep.

I personally hate the fact that Chrysler, Fiat, or whatever they are now, has owned the Jeep brand for decades now; I bought a jeep for its heritage and the fact it is the most aftermarket supported vehicle in the world. I'm a Ford truck guy and do love what they are putting out now-a-days (from 2003-2011 the same could not be said).

I'm getting the bronco because I'm a Ford guy and a Jeep guy, the bronco is a great combination of those two things. Personally, I'm getting the Bronco for its on-road characteristics: IFS (for a smooth ride), good power with decent MPG, and AWD capability. At the same time it is 'hard core' enough where I do not feel like I'm driving a crossover. It seems a good compromise between my JK and the wife's explorer, it can do off-road and behave enough where my wife can drive it down the road in adverse conditions. I'll be putting 2" additional lift and 37's on my 4dr squatch, a winch and air compressor, and leave it at that. Then my JK will go under the knife for some major hardcore trail mods.

Right now I feel like the Ford is the better offer for most people on the road today. Ford's decision to give us back the bronco will make Jeep up its game, a great thing for the market.

wylieone46

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not a Jeep hater and I even test drove a Wrangler 2 years ago and I wanted to love it, but I couldn't deal with the highway ride. My IFS Bronco 2 door BB order is on the books!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, I'm getting the Bronco for its on-road characteristics: IFS (for a smooth ride), good power with decent MPG, and AWD capability.
That's a good point... I'm probably no different than a lot of people in that on-road characteristics are most important to me. While I think Bronco will be best in class off-road as well (depending on spec) I'd settle for very good if that's the compromise to make livable DD.

Fordman88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in the Heart of Jeep Country (Toledo) OH. and I have never owned a Jeep have been waiting for this day so I can sport it in Jeeps face I will roll by the factory every time I can and honk the horn.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. I'm buying a Bronco because I want a Bronco.

Personally I think this whole Jeep vs Bronco, ifs vs sfa is stupid.
The whining about steering wheel shimmy and calling it "Death Wobble" is just sad and pathetic.

Talk to me about "Death Wobble" when you lose a castle nut at 65mph and the tie rod separates from Steering knuckle and this is the only option you have to get home
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP? GhettoFix

Or when you have a complete TRE failure [Ram Truck in this instant]
Ford Bronco Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP? IMG_0731.JPG

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to break it to you but, in less than two years you will see 3 broncos at a stop light in anytown USA. The new bronco is a mass produced vehicle to compete with the powerhouse that is Jeep. If there was no Jeep there would be no Bronco; the first bronco was an imitation of a Jeep and the newest bronco is an imitation of a Jeep.

I personally hate the fact that Chrysler, Fiat, or whatever they are now, has owned the Jeep brand for decades now; I bought a jeep for its heritage and the fact it is the most aftermarket supported vehicle in the world. I'm a Ford truck guy and do love what they are putting out now-a-days (from 2003-2011 the same could not be said).

I'm getting the bronco because I'm a Ford guy and a Jeep guy, the bronco is a great combination of those two things. Personally, I'm getting the Bronco for its on-road characteristics: IFS (for a smooth ride), good power with decent MPG, and AWD capability. At the same time it is 'hard core' enough where I do not feel like I'm driving a crossover. It seems a good compromise between my JK and the wife's explorer, it can do off-road and behave enough where my wife can drive it down the road in adverse conditions. I'll be putting 2" additional lift and 37's on my 4dr squatch, a winch and air compressor, and leave it at that. Then my JK will go under the knife for some major hardcore trail mods.

Right now I feel like the Ford is the better offer for most people on the road today. Ford's decision to give us back the bronco will make Jeep up its game, a great thing for the market.
Yup. I'm actually curious to see what Jeep comes up with to stay competitive. Competition is good!

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could buy any vehicle I want. I've looked at Jeeps, but I think they are ugly, and they are absolutely ubiquitous out here - at any stop light, if I look around there will be at least 3 Jeeps.

And, I'm kind of a "Ford guy," event though I've owned other brands.

I want something that's just a little less run-of-the-mill.
If the frequency of seeing jeeps is a primary reason to not like them, you have about 6-8 months into production until this also becomes a problem with the bronco.

I imagine it will be just as popular a mall crawler option as the jeep.

Just a heads up so you can get comfortable with the limited time frame of being unique. (see yall at the mall)

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i'm a fan of the jeep, just not the SFA, interior or shotty FCA reliability. First domestic vehicle i'd be buying, but my family has had a few older dodges, chryslers, plymouths. my brother drives a new ram and has had issues. so i'm staying away from FCA. used to live 1km from the oakville Ford plant. still within 30min drive from it. that said, like what the jeep is but having something that is current, spacious, and designed right. i'll be having a Bronco in my future.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, kinda. I love what Jeeps can do, but never pulled the trigger on one because they just never felt right to me. Kinda the same thing with the Apple/iPhone ecosystem. I'm just an Android and Bronco kinda guy I guess. I had a 1984 Bronco ~22 years ago, so I'm very excited to get into a '21 and remove the top and doors. I think my FJ40 puts me outside the box as well.
I feel the same way. The wife has a JK, she loves it, and I still love her anyway. I have my toy as well. Even my hardcore jeep buddies will give me grief for not having a jeep. I tell them it is a JEEP, Just Everybody Else's Parts, I've got a Ford Motor, Chevy Axles, Old's Steering column... blah blah. :cool:. I still wave back to the Jeeps that wave at me too. Nothing wrong with being outside the box.

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying a Bronco because.... IT'S NOT A JEEP? fj40
Sponsored